Tokyo & Hong Kong - how long to stay?

pryncess527

DIS Veteran
What is the ideal length of time to be in each park? Are these 7+ day parks like Florida or more 2-4 day parks like Caalifornia?

I'm trying to sketch out an itinerary for our Asia trip in 2025 and want to include them both

Thank you both! I currently have TDR on the itinerary for 4 days and HKDL for 2, so I'm glad that's a reasonable length to visit. This is already a very long trip for us, but I definitely want to make the most of it

I haven't made it to TDR yet, but I think for most people, 2 days should be plenty at HKDL. Many people have considered it a 1 or even half day park, but now with the new Frozen area you should be able to fill in 2 days. Personally I love HKDL and can spend 4-5 days there easily - it's just such a lovely vibe! But I know that's not the norm, and when you've got limited time you're probably better off using that time elsewhere. I would definitely recommend staying onsite as it's quite isolated from the city. The train is quite easy to manage, but does take about half an hour from Central. I've stayed at all 3 hotels and all 3 have been lovely.

It's obviously too early to book my hotel, but I was doing some investigation and they only even have 2 night packages!! If i book 2 will they just combine them?

Not that I'll be booking till NEXT August anyway

It's obviously too early to book my hotel, but I was doing some investigation and they only even have 2 night packages!! If i book 2 will they just combine them?
I assume you mean for TDR since you're only planning 2 days at HKDL? I believe you can book multiple packages to cover more nights, but you may have to move rooms even if you can get the same hotel. Many people find it easier to just book the hotel and then add tickets separately.

I would recommend going onto the Tokyo forum to find out more about their hotel packages/booking process. It can be tricky for international visitors so worth doing a bit more research so you're prepared when the time comes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter