Toll Pass Warning!

BobbidieBoo

Earning My Ears
Be sure to affix your out of state toll transponder to your rental car windshield as recommended by issuer.
EZ Pass sitting on the dash was not read 50% of the time on recent trip resulting in outrageous rental car admin fees.

Home state it works fine on the dashboard, but apparently not so in FL. (State issuer does not require rental plate add to account, but here we are poorer and wiser)

Be sure to affix your out of state toll transponder to your rental car windshield as recommended by issuer.
EZ Pass sitting on the dash was not read 50% of the time on recent trip resulting in outrageous rental car admin fees.

Home state it works fine on the dashboard, but apparently not so in FL. (State issuer does not require rental plate add to account, but here we are poorer and wiser)
I also go in and program the license plate of the rental car. If you do that, DON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT OFF YOUR ACCOUNT WHEN YOU RETURN THE CAR! Ask me how I know. :crazy:

This happened to me also. It needs to be 100% visible.

The person who is not driving just holds it up in the air behind the windshield.

The person who is not driving just holds it up in the air behind the windshield.
That will probably work almost everytime. You may not have enough advance notice of a high speed reader. To be safe have the pax hold the transponder against the windshield at all times. Or bring velcro or a suction cup mount.

75% of our trips the sun pass rejects on the last toll back to airport.

This, even though I build in a half hour to hour extra on the rental time on sunpass app.

just need to take a screen shot of the other activity during the trip under your sunpass account, then contact rental car company for info as to what email address to submit the proof you did use it during the trip.

hertz sends an email after the initial phone call, you just need to respond. The fine is reimbursed to CC on file within a statement

I thought you had to put the transponder in front of the rear view mirror to get it to read properly?

I also go in and program the license plate of the rental car. If you do that, DON'T FORGET TO TAKE IT OFF YOUR ACCOUNT WHEN YOU RETURN THE CAR! Ask me how I know. :crazy:
Sun Pass has a section when you can check Rental and you also put the end date and time. I generally do the next day just in case as our flights have been canceled in the past and adding it back in is the last thing on my mind.

Sun Pass has a section when you can check Rental and you also put the end date and time. I generally do the next day just in case as our flights have been canceled in the past and adding it back in is the last thing on my mind.
Yes, I noticed that on our last trip a year ago. It was a great feature - the rental car actually disappeared from our account after the end time. (We have a portable transponder that we bring with us and attach to the windshield of the rental car.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter