Tomorrowland Quest Guide, tips,hints and how to get started. NO SPOILERS

Coasterguy

YetiMan from the Boat. Roller Coasters and Ice Cre
These Tomorrowland quests were retired 05/03/07 and replaced with new ones.

Just some tips from DIS members that should help you get started with the Tomorrowland Quests or at least try to make things a little less frustrating.

There’s been a lot of great information posted on the boards and I thought I would help by putting everything in one place. If you have a general tip to contribute, PM me and I’ll add it the first post so everything stays together. No specific tips about individual games here.

If information is wrong let me know and I'll fix it.

If you really need them there are Spoiler links at the end of this post.

1. Play in advanced mode
Pick an empty room when looking for things, hidden mickeys, jewels etc. Also helps when you are trying to get from room to room and players block the exits. If there are a lot of players in the room you may not be able to see something you need especially if another player is standing on it.

2. Wait to click on Next Task
If you find yourself running out of time trying to complete your next task wait to click on the Next Task button until you are in the room where you need to do your next task. You can also let your magic reset before clicking next task if the same magic is needed again.

3. Jungle cruise scoring
Thanks to LittleDragonErin for tips on playing the new Jungle Cruise.

Originally this game was kind of weird, as the instructions provided were wrong and in order to get the best score, you sort of had to play opposite of what they said. But in that style of play, high scores were in the 64,000-67,000 range. For me anyway.

Then on November 1, 2006 VMK finally changed the game to fit the way the instructions explain. Of course, that still doesn't help most players. Therefore, I'm here to try and give you an in depth look at how I get my scores.

First off, make sure your computer is a decent one. Slow computers will severely affect your game play. Although this game runs better than fireworks on some slower computers, the faster the computer, the easier it is to score higher.

Second, make sure your mouse tracking and clicking speed are adjusted properly. You can do this in your computer's Control Panel settings. If your mouse isn't moving at the same time your hand is, or if it responds slower than you click, you will not be able to score as high as you can.

Now for the game. The most important rule that you MUST follow...if you do not remember anything else but this, then that will be find. NEVER EVER PRESS THE UP KEY! NEVER! NADA! NIL! NO! Forget that key even exists in this game. It will eat up your gas and you will most likely not finish. Even one press messes you up for the rest of the game. So NEVER press the up key.

(Okay, if you're an expert player who knows how to steer and shoot, then yeah, there are times when you can use the up key to speed it up. But for all you not-so-experienced players, DO NOT use the up key.)

The patterns for the animals are pretty standard. There's only a couple changes, but otherwise they always appear in the same spots. You want to get "Flawless" as much as possible and to do that, you need to click on the animals as soon as they appear (pretty much covered in smoke). The earlier the better. MEMORIZE the animal patterns in which they appear as best as you can. Because you need to click on them right away, you want to have your cursor already there when they appear. The key is to know where the next animal is.

Currently, myself and a couple other high scoring players have noticed that you can get "Awesome" and it is actually higher than "Flawless." I'm still trying to figure out exactly what triggers the "Awesome" and if it is indeed better than "Flawless." I'll edit when I've confirmed anything about this.

Centering your shot on the animals is also a very important key. There are certain "sweet" spots you want to click to get higher points. But sometimes it's not always exactly in the center. Also, ignore the camera frame when it comes to animals on the edges. It's where your mouse is pointing that counts. Just make sure your cursor is where the animal is.

Be aware of your camera frame however...there are some animals that appear right next to each other and you don't get as many points if you get them both in the same shot. Sometimes you have to sacrifice higher scores to get 2 separate animals in 2 seperate shots.

The rocks change, but also have the same patterns. There's about four different rock patterns. I would say, first, memorize the patterns of the animals. You want to know especially where the ones in the water appear. The Hippos and Elephants are HUGE points, and you don't want to lose those points by running them over. For those that have trouble steering and shooting at the same time, once you know where it's safe to "park", do that and shoot the animals first, then steer your way to the other side. Again NEVER EVER press the up key. I know, it's slow. But better slow and high score than fast and nothing but 20 credits, right?

Some animals disappear faster than others. Learn which ones do. Hyena's are fast, while the flamingos are not quite so. The first drive through, they are pretty much easy to learn to time. As they sit for a second or two. The second time through, they disappear a bit faster. The third time, is the fastest.

Here's sort of an average breakdown of my scoring:

1:1 2,700
1:2 5,600
1:3 9,200
1:4 12,500
1:5 17,000
2:1 20,200
2:2 24,000
2:3 28,500
2:4 31,500
2:5 36,000
3:1 40,000
3:2 44,500
3:3 48,500
3:4 52,500
3:5 57,000

As always, if you're not having fun, it's not worth the stress. So my final advice, have fun! ^_^

I'll add another

If you have difficulty taking pictures and steering you can let someone else control the boat while you concentrate on taking pictures. They can avoid the hazards and pick up gas and film.

4. Tom Sawyer's Island

To get to the right side:
Go to the New Orleans Square
Exit through the middle of New Orleans Square
this will take you to the New Orleans Monorail station
Get on the Monorail
Exit at the next station, Frontireland
You are on the right side of Tom Sawyer's Island

To get to the left side:
Go to Big Thunder Mountain
Exit through the middle passage
You should now be at the passage on the right side middle level
Step out turn around go back through the same passage
You should be in Injun Joe’s Cave
Click the top of the waterfall, you should see a yellow Queue icon and slide down
You should be on the top level of Big Thunder Mountain Mine middle passage
Exit through the right passage
You are now in the right passage, middle level
Step out, turn around and exit the same passage
You are now on the upper level of Big Thunder Mountain
Exit through the building to the left
You are back in Injun Joe’s Cave Bottom level
Exit through the passage bottom left
You are on the left side of Tom’s Sawyer's Island

5. Quest Task Completion Tips
Thanks to BobRichmond for these

1) When you need to find a location, going to that location will complete the task.

2) When a task says to visit a NPC you need to go to that location and double click the NPC.

3) If you need to find an object and no location is given the object will most likely be at the location of your last task.

4) When the task says to earn credits the obvious solution may not be the easiest. You can always earn credtis by visiting NPCs or selling things.

Quests

Different quests are available to you at any time by clicking on the Q in the bottom Menu. These change from month to month and there are also timed Host Quests. Check the Events schedule. There is usually a 30 minute grace period to complete Host Quests. Ex. If the Quest is scheduled to end at 7:30 you have till 8 to start and complete the quest.

VMK Animated Quest

The Animated Quest is 15 questions about Disney films.

Here is information about the Tomorrowland Quests and order that you should do them in.

Ship and Shipwrecks Quest
To get the Deep Sea Diving Blue Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Captain’s Quest Quarters room. You need to get to the Captains’s desk. There are 2 pipes to the left of the screen. Move your mouse over the second pipe near the bend in the pipe. The red exit icon should appear. Click on the icon and you’ll be near the desk. Get in front of the desk and double click the desk. Start your quest.

Lights, Cameras, Engines! Quest
To get the Autopia Racing Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Autopia Quest Track room . You need to get close to the video game driving consoles to the left of the tranport tubes. Double click on the consoles.

There are four levels and you can get a Blue, Pink, Yellow and Green pin. Questions are all the same, but 2 of the tasks require you to play the Haunted Mansion and catch 10, 30, 45 and 85 ghosts. Fireworks Remix goals are 1,000, 3,000, 5,000 and 5,500 points. Green level also requires you to have Bat Magic. The Pink and Yellow quests were switched after the Fireworks Remix change. After completing the Blue car you might want to skip Yellow and do Pink first.

Adventure Through Innerspace
To get the Inner-Space Suit Blue Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Space Mountain Quest Deck room. Go to the console at the front of the room and Double click the console.

Inner-Space Shop
Star Traders is now the Inner-Space Shop. You can only enter after earning the Inner-Space Suit Blue Magic Pin. Go to the Space Mountain Quest Deck room. Exit the airlock on the bottom level toward the front of the ship. It's between the empty spacesuits. You are now in the Inner-Space Shrinking Machine room. Stand in front of the red beam start Spacesuit Magic and then enter the middle of the room. Exit by clicking on the ramp in front of the moving chairs. You are now in the Inner-Space Ray Room. Exit through the door in the Spaceship. One major addtition to the Inventory here is the Quest Creator, cost is 30,000 credits. You can create your own quests that others can play.

EDIT: Space Ride parts are now sold here.

The Teleporter in the Emporium that used to go to Star Traders now goes to the Tomorrowland Hub.

Here are pointers to the spoiler threads for each of the Quests. If you don't want answers to the Quests don't read these threads.

Thank you for taking the time to put this together! This should be a big help to everyone. :goodvibes

Lori

That was very well done. And exactly what people need that want to do the quests on their own :thumbsup2

Great guide without doing the quests for people! Nicely done. (Although getting lost on that blasted island without this write up for three hours was SO much fun - NOT!)

what is this inner space shop? :confused3 what does it sell like is it just a new name for space traders? :confused3

Well done! Even though I finished them,this should be a big help for the people who are stuck! :woohoo:

mr.techno said:
what is this inner space shop? :confused3 what does it sell like is it just a new name for space traders? :confused3

Yes, Inner-Space Shop is Star Traders. Same stuff as before with the addtion of the Quest Creater. The original post has been edited.

A minor point that you might want to add to your post - the transporter in the Emporium that used to go to Star Traders now goes to the Tomorrowland Hub.

Hello,
My sister plays VMK. She wanted me to ask you guys,
"Where can I get a questmaker. I want to start a quest, but the ppl with quest makers won't help me out. How do I get a quest maker?"
-Andy -(vmk name AdorableAndy)
-Ella -(Her sister)

:cheer2:

Coasterguy said:
No spoilers here. Just some tips from DIS members that should help you get started with the Tomorrowland Quests or at least try to make things a little less frustrating.

There’s been a lot of great information posted on the boards and I thought I would help by putting everything in one place. If you have a general tip to contribute, PM me and I’ll add it the first post so everything stays together. No specific tips about individual games here.

If information is wrong let me know and I'll fix it.

1. Play in advanced mode
Pick an empty room when looking for things, hidden mickeys, jewels etc. Also helps when you are trying to get from room to room and players block the exits. If there are a lot of players in the room you may not be able to see something you need especially if another player is standing on it.

2. Wait to click on Next Task
If you find yourself running out of time trying to complete your next task wait to click on the Next Task button until you are in the room where you need to do your next task. You can also let your magic reset before clicking next task if the same magic is needed again.

3. Jungle cruise scoring
Thanks to Tolkein7 for these

1) Never, ever, use the arrow that propels your boat forward. It wastes gas and there is no point. If you don't use that key and you pick up all the cans, you won't run out of gas.

2) In the second and third rounds, your boat moves faster than the animals appear. You can miss many points this way. Use the arrow key that makes your boat go backwards, and hang around in the room until no more animals appear.

3) Center each shot and wait until the LAST possible moment. "Ok" is better than "flawless." Yes, this makes no sense, but it is also true.

4) Nothing ever changes - all of the animals are in the same spot each time (with a few exceptions) so once you play a few times, you can expect them to pop up in the same places.

I'll add another

5) If you have difficulty taking pictures and steering you can let someone else control the boat while you concentrate on taking pictures. They can avoid the hazards and pick up gas and film.

4. Tom Sawyer's Island

To get to the right side:
Go to the Forbidden Temple in Adventureland
Go to the right side of the big rock skull and exit through the passage
Get on the Monorail
Exit at the next station, Frontireland
You are on the right side of Tom Sawyer's Island

To get to the left side:
Go to Big Thunder Mountain
Exit through the middle passage
You should now be at the passage on the right side middle level
Step out turn around go back through the same passage
You should be in Injun Joe’s Cave
Click the top of the waterfall, you should see a yellow Queue icon and slide down
You should be on the top level of Big Thunder Mountain Mine middle passage
Exit through the right passage
You are now in the right passage, middle level
Step out, turn around and exit the same passage
You are now on the upper level of Big Thunder Mountain
Exit through the building to the left
You are back in Injun Joe’s Cave Bottom level
Exit through the passage bottom left
You are on the left side of Tom’s Sawyer's Island

5. Quest Task Completion Tips
Thanks to BobRichmond for these

1) When you need to find a location, going to that location will complete the task.

2) When a task says to visit a NPC you need to go to that location and double click the NPC.

3) If you need to find an object and no location is given the object will most likely be at the location of you last task.

4) When the task says to earn credits the obvious solution may not be the easiest. You can always earn credtis by visiting NPCs or selling things.

Mini Spoiler about completing the Innerspace quest. In white. Only posting because some people may have difficulty with Fireworks game.
You don't have to have the Autopia Magic pin and License to complete the Innerspace Quest. When it says to earn 5 and 10 credits you assume that you have to drive your car. You can just sell something to earn the credits. Make sure you are in the right location though.

Highlight above this line to see the spoiler.

Quests

There following 2 quests are available to you at any time by clicking on the Q in the bottom Menu. For the 50th Mickey Quest you are given clues and when you go to that location you need to find the Golden Mickey ears and step on them. There are 15 Mickey’s that you need to find. The Animated Quest is 15 questions about Disney films.

50th Mickey’s Quest
VMK Animated Quest

Here is information about the Tomorrowland Quests and order that you should do them in.

To get the Deep Sea Diving Blue Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Captain’s Quest Quarters room. You need to get to the Captains’s desk. There are 2 pipes to the left of the screen. Move your mouse over the second pipe near the bend in the pipe. The red exit icon should appear. Click on the icon and you’ll be near the desk. Get in front of the desk and double click the desk. Start your quest.

To get the Autopia Racing Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Autopia Quest Track room . You need to get close to the video game driving consoles to the left of the tranport tubes. Double click on the consoles.

There are four levels and you can get a Blue, Pink, Yellow and Green pin. Questions are all the same, but 2 of the tasks require you to play the Haunted Mansion and catch 10, 30, 45 and 85 ghosts. Fireworks goals are 75,000, 85,000, 100,000 and 280,000 points. Green level also requires you to have Bat Magic.

To get the Inner-Space Suit Blue Magic Pin you need to complete this quest. To start go to the Space Mountain Quest Deck room. Go to the console at the front of the room and Double click the console.

Inner-Space Shop
Star Traders is now the Inner-Space Shop. You can only enter after earning the Inner-Space Suit Blue Magic Pin. Go to the Space Mountain Quest Deck room. Exit the airlock on the bottom level toward the front of the ship. It's between the empty spacesuits. You are now in the Inner-Space Shrinking Machine room. Stand in front of the red beam start Spacesuit Magic and then enter the middle of the room. Exit by clicking on the ramp in front of the moving chairs. You are now in the Inner-Spce Ray Room. Exit through the door in the Spaceship. One major addtition to the Inventory here is the Quest Creator, cost is 20,000 credits. You can create your own quests that others can play.

The Teleporter in the Emporium that used to go to Star Traders now goes to the Tomorrowland Hub.

You can no longer change your Space Suit color
Once you are in the Inner-Space shop take off your Space Suit Magic pin and exit the shop. Your spacesuit should change color.
thx :angel:

You could have given a play by play on how to actually do the quests! That would have been even better....... Thanks anyway!

I don't want to know how to get started, I want instructions on how to do the quests and where to find the things!!

If I ever figure them out I will put step by step instructions on here!

tinkerbell of winter said:
You could have given a play by play on how to actually do the quests! That would have been even better....... Thanks anyway!

I don't want to know how to get started, I want instructions on how to do the quests and where to find the things!!

I was planning on doing that originally and most of that information is here on the board.

I just saw a lot of people overwhelmed by the new Tomorrowland and wanted the information in one place. There are lots of DIS members that were posting lots of useful information and I just took that knowledge and put it all in one place. I think it was kind of fun trying to figure out stuff myself but I do admit that I was stumped in a few places and had to look up the answer. :rolleyes1

tinkerbell of winter said:

There are quite a few play by play threads on the quests. Just do a search for which ever quest you are working on. :) This thread was to give an overview of the quests without giving away the answers for those who like to work on the quests without spoilers. ;)

I need help with the inner space quest. I need to somebody who has done and and can help me to talk me through it , on vmk or not. :banana: :cool1: So if seombody could help me, maybe PM me

Thanks

-------------------------------------------

Need 20,000 credits can anybody help? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter