Tony Hinds question

I have had Tony’s son a few times when Tony was fully booked

His son is a gem also!

Anyone know what time does Tony Hinds service picks you up at the resort for MCO? Is it 3 hours like Magical Express? Trying to plan a trip. Thanks!

Anyone know what time does Tony Hinds service picks you up at the resort for MCO? Is it 3 hours like Magical Express? Trying to plan a trip. Thanks!

Last week of Aug 2021, Saturday he picked us up at PB at 4:30am, we had a 7am domestic flight. I am sure he tries to structure his pick up times around his other guests to maximize income, or maybe if I did this, that is what I would do. Estimate Traffic would also change the time.

I've always told him what time we want picked up. I figure it takes about 30 minutes to get to the airport and I want to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight.

Has anyone has any problems with Tony's service lately? We've booked with him for the last few years but this is the second time there has been a problem. First time he put our wrong dates in but stuff happens. He sent someone right away so no big deal.

This time is a bit more than that. Lack of response to emails. And a claim of non-payment for our one booking. I do have my bank statement showing the payment to Tony. We also requested a booster seat and a regular car seat. The driver who picked us up had a regular car seat missing one of the straps. We had to put her in a booster seat and hope for the best. (Please don't rip me a new one. I was totally shocked by our transportation this whole trip so far)

I have been very shocked by this whole thing. This is not the first time we have used Tony. And I've recommended him to other people because of our good service in the past.

That is strange service from Tony’s company

send him a note and let him know what you went through

ask him why the big mix up happened again

We’ve used Tony for two recent trips and have him booked for an upcoming trip. First time we filled out his form. Second trip I just emailed him our info. I do find he responds MUCH quicker via text. I have a feeling business is booming for him (hopefully) with things getting somewhat back to ‘normal’ so it could be he sometimes gets overwhelmed?? He isn’t a big commercial company which appeals to us. When all else fails, I found texting him gets you quick responses.

I think Tony is still in MI on vaca right now so someone else is working his trips. Keep in mind that Tony’s “company” is just him. As he explained to me a couple of weeks ago, he is literally a one man operation. He and 3 or 4 other independent businesses owners, who each own one car, cover for each other. He said it’s the only way they can stay in business and compete with the big companies.

While his son may fill in for him occasionally, it is almost always a completely different company/owner when it’s not him. I believe Tony truly cares about the quality HE provides, but I also think he is going to continue to work with these other drivers even if the quality is less because he has no choice.

He said he and the others are going to be very busy from Oct 1-end of year because of the anniversary at WDW. This is very likely to produce more scheduling issues. If you want a service with a “corporate” backing, go with one of the big fleets who charge a little bit more.

It's been a crazy weekend but I do want to give an update. I did hear back from Tony about the payment issue. His granddaughter filed my payment under my first name but husband's last name. When I had first hired Tony many years ago, I must have put my husband's last name and it just stayed that way in Tony's files. Everything with the payment was straightened out today before we left for home. And I will absolutely still book Tony's service in the future.

I will be letting Tony know of my concerns of the driver of this trip and the car seat. And I know the car seat is not Tony's fault. I know that Tony's service is just a bunch of independent contractors who all work together. But it is Tony's name and reputation behind every driver and I don't want to see anything ruin that. I don't want "corporate" service. I want the same service I have had all the previous times I have booked with Tony. I didn't get it this time so I figured I would post here for insight and advice.

Thanks everyone for your advice

Last edited:
Yes, Tony has to farm out the overflow. His associated drivers have always been pretty good, but Tony is the best at it. He's getting up in years so I cut him so slack.

I’m only familiar with two of the other men who own their own vehicles and have their own company like Tony has

I have used all 3 and all gave great service, zero complaints.

I had Art last year for one of my rides and wondered if my fare would be higher (it wasn’t)
He used his stretch limo for me

That was one fancy smooth ride!!

I’m only familiar with two of the other men who own their own vehicles and have their own company like Tony has

I have used all 3 and all gave great service, zero complaints.

I had Art last year for one of my rides and wondered if my fare would be higher (it wasn’t)
He used his stretch limo for me

That was one fancy smooth ride!!
Oh sweet!! We recently had Art too (minus the stretch limo haha) and he was so funny and personable! All 3 have been fabulous… all punctual, responsible and communicate very well during the trip. They watch the flight status like a hawk and we’ve had some minor flight delays too.

Just had Tony drive us last week. We’ve used him often in past. My son had to arrive separately because he came from his college. It was so reassuring knowing Tony was there to get him and also drive him back to airport! Especially since my son had late arrival/departure

Does Tony meet you inside MCO? Or does he just park outside at the Pickup area?

I always hate playing the game of locating the driver outside the terminal.. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter