Tonys: ADR for October or risk it?

2Tiggies

Near to Tigger's House
DD has got a hold of Lady & The Tramp book and has now declared that she would like to eat at Tonys next time we go (she doesn't know we are going this year yet).

We have the QSDP and I am paying OOP for some TS - about 5 or 6 already! I am not crazy about pasta, etc and I suspect this is a phase that will get old long before we get there. However, there is no way of telling what will happen with free dining and if she still wants to go when we get there, what are the odds of getting a walk-up or a last minute ressie? We are there for 15 days so I can play around with dates and times if necessary.

I would make a ressie and if you decide not to go when you are at WDW, just call and cancel it. If you are paying OOP you might want to do lunch instead of dinner. We actually thought Tony's (lunch) was one of our better meals on our last trip.

That's an idea! Never thought about lunch. I could do an early lunch as a late breakfast. Then we could have an early CS dinner and maybe share another CS meal for a late snack. Trying to figure out how to use all the CS credits from QSDP at the rate I'm going!

I would definietly get an ADR. We (party of 4) had Tony's for lunch on our trip in December (yes free dining was going on) and the place was packed. This was our only ADR (of 18 - deluxe plan) that we had a significant wait (15-20 minutes) for. That has been our experience with Tony's in the past as well. Long waits for being seated regardless of having ADR's (1999 - long wait as walk up with no ADR in late afternoon; 2007 - dinner ADR with 30 minutes wait.) I'm not sure if the waits are long because they are taking walk-ups or because it takes people a little longer to eat and get out of there so they "over book" a little.

Hope this info helps.

It helps a lot! Thank you. I guess that's just another ADR to add to my every growing list on the QSDP! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter