Too early to plan for 2012, or am I just bored??

Yup, still about 2 and a half years left for me. . . but everyone really needs to look at it this way ~ it's really only a year and a half until you get to 2012!! Once 2012 gets here, all the planning and getting things organized (and keeping up with all the promotions) will take up most of your time and before you know it, your trip is here!!

One quick questions though, to whoever can answer~ when's the best time to book in order to be able to get the best possible promotion?

Our only trip to DW was booked in March to go in December. We NEVER received any special pin codes. There were some public codes but they didn't pertain to our dates. I really REALLY wanted to make sure we got our rooms but I wonder if I should've waited? And I called at LEAST once a month until our trip to see it there were 'any codes attached to my name' lol I know you can modify your reservations anytime but... i felt like they didn't send us any pin codes because they knew they already had us lol

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this but I figured since everyone here will be going around the same time.... :0)

i have never gotten any pin codes.. so i wouldnt know

Not at all and what could be better for your birthday! I have 2011 planned and have started on 2012. Who knows where my life will be then, but I do know one thing... my daughter and I will be at Disney. :) It definitely gives you something to look forward to! Plan on!

My husband will not let us go back again until 2012. Gives us plenty of time to same up since we want to stay at the AKL. I can so excited about staying here. I did not like the lodge at first but warmed up to it this year when we went for dinner at BOMA. We will have go in June now that my DD will start school next August. I can feel the roasting heat now...

:goodvibesWe are already planning another family trip for October 2012 to attend the F&WF and MNSSHP. It will be DH, me, DD, DSIL, 2 DGDs, 1 DGS and DN & DH & their DD and possibly other family members. We always have at least one trip in the planning stage!

I am planning a trip too for 2012. We just got back last week and it was great! My parents, brother, his wife, my husband, myself, and our five children will be going in 2012. I have never planned a trip for that many people, it may take me two years to do it!

Can't believe its August already!! This year's sure gone by fast~ only about 1 year and 5 months to go until 2012!!

We went in June 2009. I would love to go back each year, but realistically we will not be going back until 2012. Right now, I am looking into either late March or mid June. In 2009 we went the last week of June through the 4th of July.
We might have to go the same time. Boy was it hot!

The only other family trip we had was in May 2005, around Memorial Day. It was hot then too.

I would love to go during the cooler months at a time when it is less crowded. But as a teacher, my schedule does not allow it.

We went in June 2009. I would love to go back each year, but realistically we will not be going back until 2012. Right now, I am looking into either late March or mid June. In 2009 we went the last week of June through the 4th of July.
We might have to go the same time. Boy was it hot!

The only other family trip we had was in May 2005, around Memorial Day. It was hot then too.

I would love to go during the cooler months at a time when it is less crowded. But as a teacher, my schedule does not allow it.

We were there on a family trip in June 2009 as well - and yes, it was HOT! But we loved it anyway! We are also headed back in 2012, but we will be there again in June! :cool1:

We are also planning a WDW vacation in the Fall of 2012. My son wants to do a cruise but my daughter wants to go to Disney. Earlier this year we did both, one week in the World and one week on the Disney Cruise. I think they believe we can do this on every family vacation. :lmao: What they don't understand is how long we have to save for this kind of vacation.:rotfl:

Hopefully, we can do both!!!!!:cool1:

another "early planner" here for 2012 (still in the "on paper" planning phase)

looking at october 6 - 13 (during F&W) staying at Pop

once a deposit is made next summer, i'll feel it's "real" and create a countdown ticker

In the spirit of Disney travel it's never to early to plan. We're here now at the BWI IKC and have been thinking about our next trip with the kids that's two years away.

With 2.5 days left we're starting to talk bounce back for next August 11' at the club just my wife and I before we take the kids in 12'. Two days ago we said no trip until 12'.

We're addicted!

Have fun with your planning!

My ticker is looking better and better everyday! :)

At this point a year from now my ADR's will already be made for our Feb. 2012 trip! Unreal!

My daughter graduates High School in 2012 and in the past, her graduating class has gone to Disney for their Grad Trip. However, in 2012 her class might be too big to accomodate a trip and now she's upset.

2012 happens to also be our 20th Anniversary - soooooooo - we might plan on going as a family and allow her to bring along a girlfriend to stay in an adjoining room while we "tag along" as well.

She's got 18 months to save up regardless.....but it's looking more and more like we might be able to squeeze 1 more family trip to Disney before the kids go to University :cool1:

We were planning a trip for January 2012, but my youngest DS decided that he didn't want to go at that time. I gave our boys several date options and after the family vote January won out b/c my youngest wanted to be there for his bday (and mine). Now he doesn't want to be there on his bday b/c he thinks it will "be too hard on the family to figure out when to give him his birthday presents." I'm thinking that the trip will be moved to Nov or Dec then. I hate hot weather, so the summer months are out. Then my oldest, and maybe by then the youngest, play football, so we have to work around that schedule. I've always wanted to go for the Christmas decorations, so that's why I'm thinking Nov or Dec. If we go in Nov, we'll go around the 13th to be there for my oldest DS's 15th bday. If we go in Dec it'll be around the 10th - 17th.

Just have to get DH on board...2 years should be enough time to convince him! :woohoo:

We are planning on going in January of 2012, my DH wants to be there for his birthday (the girls and I have gone for ours so he think it is about time to be there for his :goodvibes). I know we will be staying at BLT, other than that we don't have any sort of plans yet.

we're planning for 2012 already!!

we have to do our wedding planning session in may 2012 which we'll probably stay at coronado or maybe even a value :eek:

then we'll have our 14 night wedding and honeymoon in november 2012. we're doing a split stay between a grand floridian honeymoon suite and yacht club club level lagoon view!!

both with AP and dxddp!! we need to start coordinating food choices that will be liked by some of our family and friends wanting to tag a long for a few days!!

happy planning!

can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter