Too full after eating breakfast to ride rides?

cadburysmom

<font color=000099>I'm lucky to cruise with the be
I see that character breakfasts are very popular but doesn't it make you fill too full to do rides in the park? I've read the menus and it seems more like you would want to take a nap after partaking of one of those feasts!

We are a "grab and go" breakfast family on park days. We eat light (bagels, bananas, juice) before leaving the resort. Then we eat a sit down or more significant lunch. We usually do a bigger breakfast, or character breakfast on the days we are not heading to a park.

Recently we did Spoodles before heading to BB which was good because the park didn't open until 10am and we could go until past reg. lunch time before we needed to eat.

Also, one day we did ee at MGM we ate a few peanut butter crackers in our room before going to MGM (ee was 8am), we did our rides then around 10:15 we got a hot breakfast at ABC commissary.

My teens never seem to have a problem with eating/rides.

A lessoned learned by watching some others though-never ride Mission Space after drinking a 1/2 yard of ale!!

OOOO--good question--I have planned lots of good (big) meals throughout our stay--but didn't think of jumping on rides after.

We went to the crystal palace for a character breakfast and then right on Splash Mountain and btmrr. No problem! My kids are 10 and 15.

Do you know how many times we've pigged out somewhere and five minutes afterwards found ourselves wondering what the heck we were doing in a thrill ride line? It's funny but luckily we've never gotten sick (yet).

book a ps for breakfast at the EE park for about 10:00 a.m. We grab a juice and maybe a piece of fruit head the park for opening, ride all be big rides before it gets crowded then sit down to a nice big breakfast. At that point we decide to continue on touring or head back for a little pool time. This way we usually only need a small snack mid-day!

I wouldn't suggest it. We always get too tired after eating a big breakfast, so we save our big meal for later in the day.

If even think about eating anything before 10 am my stomach will rebel.

So I go to the parks and do the rides and eat brunch around 12:00p.m. then take in a show my food will settle in y stomanch.

We usually do two character breakfasts each trip, and we've never had a problem with being too full to ride rides after. Then again, we're not prone to getting sick on rides, and we normally eat breakfast (albeit not as much as we eat at the character breakfasts!)

If getting sick on rides is an issue for you, or if you typically don't eat breakfast, maybe you would do better with lunch or dinner character meals. That's the great thing about WDW - there's something for just about everybody! :D

Originally posted by Katy
book a ps for breakfast at the EE park for about 10:00 a.m. We grab a juice and maybe a piece of fruit head the park for opening, ride all be big rides before it gets crowded then sit down to a nice big breakfast. At that point we decide to continue on touring or head back for a little pool time. This way we usually only need a small snack mid-day!

good strategy. Highly Recommended ^^^

I honestly dont see many of the rides at WDW as being anything that could make you sick... there are just a handful that might, but in actuality, it's not like Six Flags in which you ride roller coaster after rollercoaster. I dont think you'll have to sit out from attractions for an hour or something, there are PLENTY of other rides and attractions you can enjoy shorting after a meal.

We always do a big character breakfast, and it serves as brunch. We often ride any of those big thrill rides beforehand just to beat the crowds - not because we think we'll be sick.

I don't think you'll have a problem...

We always eat breakfast in our room. Bowl of cereal, glass of juice, maybe a pop-tart or yogurt or granola bar. Nothing heavy. We prefer not to eat a big breakfast. Never do it at home either. We'll hit the parks when they open, then stop for lunch early before the crowd descends on the restaurants. That then leaves us ready for an early dinner to beat the crowds again. Then we'll do a snack later in the evening.

We usually do two character breakfast while at WDW. We usually book them for an early seating and then do the more sedate rides while our food is still digesting. For instance we usually do CRT's before park opening and then do the Fantasyland rides - not a problem on the stomach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter