• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too late for a July Trip?

plumminnie

Earning My Ears
Feeling overwhelmed by Fastpass+ and wondering if I could even get fast passes at this late date. Miss the spontanaity of a last-minute trip. Unsure if we should book or not.

When in July?

You probably wouldn't get an A&E FP, maybe not a SDMT, but possible if you keep checking for cancellations. Also, I would check the morning or, when the park first opens.

But all the others shouldn't be a problem.

I say go for it! You might have a little trouble with A&E or 7DMT FP+, but you are more than 30 days out from any July date, and off property guests can't book until 30 days. I was just moving some of my FP+ around yesterday and I'm going in June.

Thanks for the quick replies. I didn't know that about the 30 day window for non- resort guests, so I guess I have a week or so to decide.

We are going July 20 and just booked are passes on Tuesday. Everything was open for our entire trip including A&E. I say go for it!

I just booked FP+ for less than three weeks away. Everything was available except A&E, with lots of time choices. Even SDMT. I was very pleased with the availability.

I have an unused one-day ticket linked to my account right now, and I was playing around with FP+ at 30 days out the other day even though I don't have a trip planned. There were no Anna & Elsa available, but 7DMT had lots of time choices, and everything else was wide open, including the parades and Wishes.

So... I'd book the trip! :thumbsup2

(And yes, I did cancel my test reservations. :duck: )

book it- we planned a December trip the week before going- you have to be a little more flexible on short notice but we were able to have a fantastic trip!

I had to read several posts to figure out what A&E and SDMT/7DMT were! :teeth: My last WDW visit was in December, with limited FP+ each day as a Swan and Dolphin guest. I'm really not looking forward to FP+ when I return this December. Fortunately, I don't care about seeing A&E (and still haven't watched the movie!), and generally don't ride coasters.

Regarding a July trip: I detest Florida's summer heat and humidity, and would go then only if I were in the area for something else - as I was for my nephew's wedding in July 2012.

We visit the parks several times a year (grew up in Orlando), usually are able to travel only during very busy times of the year, and never plan our trips more than a month ahead. (In fact, we just this week booked 11 days starting next Sunday!) So far, our experience with FP+ has been very good. You do have to check more often to find availability for the things you want to do and when you want to do them; but we've gotten everything we've ever wanted, which would be the high demand experiences like Toy Story Midway Mania and Illuminations (during the FWF craziness of Fall Break).

I just booked a trip last night for July 3 to 7 and almost all FP+ experiences were available except for Anna and Elsa and Wishes. The Mine Train was available each day and for almost all time slots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter