Too many character meals?

We fine 4 character meals to be too much and we go for 7 or 8 days but it's DH and I that get sick of it, not the kids. I find that trying to get the kids food in-between character visits and getting out the autograph books and keeping them from getting mesdy and getting the phones out for pictures all a little much. It's better at places like CRT that aren't buffets but we have actively tried to reduce character meals to 3 a trip.

As mentioned, if you or your family really like character meals, then "too many" is not a consideration (except for the over all cost).

Personally, that doesn’t sound like too many at all. Since the rest of your meals will be counter service, my family and I would like the fact that these would be longer sit down meals to relax a bit.

I don't think it's too many at all, mind you I don't think any number is too many really. You've only got 1 TS meal a day, which is very modest and 3 of those are character meals so I think it's just fine. You've got a good variety of characters in those 3 meals as well, so you are really maximizing on your character meeting time. Enjoy!

I think it's "a lot" given the length of your trip and the ages of your kids. Including travel, wait and eating time, you are talking about 2-3 hours PER MEAL. That's a lot of ask of little ones that may be *done* or *done in*.

I completely disagree with this. A character meal takes us, on average 60 - 75 minutes from time of check-in. And all 3 of the planned character meals are in a park and I'm going to assume they align with whichever park they are touring that day which means there is no travel time. Even at a really leisurely pace or with a longer than usual wait to be seated, it's really hard to go longer than 90 minutes at a character meal.

We prefer character dining so that we don’t have to wait in character lines!!! I say you can never have too many character meals!!! Our character meals were never longer than an hour either

We prefer character dining so that we don’t have to wait in character lines!!! I say you can never have too many character meals!!! Our character meals were never longer than an hour either

Don't know about some of the meals, but Garden Grill was quick when I did it. I think the characters came around 3-4 times in the little over an hour I was there.

Don't know about some of the meals, but Garden Grill was quick when I did it. I think the characters came around 3-4 times in the little over an hour I was there.
For us too! We had a ton of character interaction at gg! It was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter