Too many days at Disney?

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

How many days is too many for you and your family?

*This is our first time ever!

Our first trip we did 6 nights and it didn't seem enough for us. We now stay 10 days but that's bc we likes to visit each park twice if we can and have multiple pool days. It really depends on what you have planned, if your going to the parks only once or have park hopper you will be fine. No matter what have a great time and enjoy it !

My first stay was for 4 nights, back in '99. Not nearly enough time. Most of my stats are 6-7 nights now. But...I go three times a year, at least. I have 33 days in the parks since Sept!
My longest stay was 14 nights. That was too long. By day 12 I was wondering what I was going to do each day.
Now, 8-10 days would be perfect. Some days with friends/family, some days on my own!

10 days is great for us. We stayed 12 one time and we were ready to go home at the end (of course, our kids were 3 and 1, so....)

Because of the structure of ticket prices, as well as the overall cost, I believe some (WDW management included) have lost sight of the fact that WDW is a resort, not just a series of theme parks to be "done".

Back in the 70's when the only park was MK, guests still stayed for an entire week. It was a vacation. They golfed, rented water craft, saw shows (luau, hoop-de-doo), visited MK on multiple days, enjoyed the pool. I was not mission to be accomplished, but a vacation to be enjoyed. Yes, it was a unique experience, having the Disney theme built in, but it was still a resort experience, like going to a dude ranch, or a tennis or golf resort.

That's not to say that guests don't enjoy their trips these days, but a good many return home more tired than when they arrived! Viewed as a "once in a lifetime" trip, and having so many theme parks included in a ticket, many feel obligated to fit it all in to "get their money's worth".

So I say, take 7-10 days and make it a vacation. Buy the 7 day pass, but don't lament if you don't enter a park each of the 7 days (it doesn't cost that much more than a 4-day). Spend a day or 2 at the pool. Spend a morning at the pool, then go to a park in the afternoon/evening for a couple of rides and the parade/fireworks. SLEEP IN! Do a tour. Go to AK/AK lodge and just look at the animals. Find quiet things for your kids to experience (there are some) - so many park and non-park (Disney Quest comes to mind) experiences are so over-stimulating.

Of course, this is my opinion, and it comes from the perspective a frequent visitor (although not within reasonable driving distance). Everyone is obviously entitled to enjoy WDW in their own way.

Our first two trips were 14 days each(with 10 park days) and our upcoming trip is 17 days(with 12 park days). We always build in off days for sleeping in and going to Disney Springs, hanging out at the resort or visiting other resorts.

I have never felt that it was too long and still always feel like going back right after.

6-7 days is too long for us. We are AP holders and frequent visitors. We get more out of shorter trips than one long one. I'm not great at relaxing by the pool or just hanging around. I'm an active vacationer so I need to be on the move. That's not to say we don't sleep in and take breaks. Just not enough to make a longer visit of any interest to us.

We've done a 4 day land 3 day sea trip, a couple of 7 day trips, and last trip in December 2014 was 9 days. 4 days was way too short. 7 was ok. 9 days were great. We are planning an 11 or 12 day trip for May 2018. My husband may disagree, but I say you can never be on vacation too many days. Especially in Disney. :yay: Since we only take vacation every 4 to 5 years I grab for all I can get!

I do agree with downtime. We return to resorts for afternoon swims and rests, spend time at Disney Springs, etc.

I keep hearing that 6-7 days at Disney is just too long. We'll be bored, tired and won't enjoy it.

We started going way back when 2-4 days. Then went to 6. Our last trip was 10 days, the first and last only being half days at parks. This time we are going 11 days to have a break day in the middle.

The more days, the more fast passes, the less you have to accomplish each day. Makes for a more relaxing trip for me.

We did 5, then 6, then 8. 8 was definitely the closest - but we easily could have done 9 or 10. Family that was with us left after 6 (first timers) and they definitely weren't done.

It's not possible to have too many Days at Disney World! More days means you can pace yourself and enjoy your resort.

We do 7-8 days and that works well for us. I could easily stay a lot longer, but my DH is not as big a Disney fan as the rest of the family, so I don't push it.

We wouldn't consider less than 5 days. There is just so much to do. We also take breaks at our hotel to rest and swim, so we are not doing 8am-11pm power touring days. A week of hard core touring and we'd be spent. Having breaks lets us be more rested and get a break from the parks during the busiest time of day.

We've done 3 trips - all 7 days except this last one that was 6. I wish & hope & dream for 2 full weeks!!!! There's no such thing as too long if you ask me!!

But....being your first trip I agree with whoever said you will know after 6 or 7 days if it was too much or not long enough.

We typically have done 6 or 7 night trips. One trip we could only do 5 nights, and that really did seem too short. We just got back from an 8 night trip, 4 nights at the Poly and 4 nights at the Beach Club, and for me this was perfect. It was a great mix of park and resort time. While I would never say any trip would be too long, I would be happy to spend a month at Disney, the reality is 8 nights is about the maximum we could manage both financially and with work commitments.

If this is your 1st trip, then 6-7 days will definitely not be too long. We usually stay 9-10 nights and that is plenty long for us, but we have been going for many years.

We thoroughly enjoy our time, but we are ready to get back to our daily lives after that many days.

7 days is in no way too long! We always go for a minimum of two weeks and we always feel like we don't have enough time :yay: this summer we're going for 3 weeks and already my mom and I started getting upset looking at the schedule realizing - what??? We're only going to Epcot 3 times???? We don't have enough time!!!! - LOL...when I was a kid we went for a month each time...that was paradise!

I think 7 days is fantastic for a first visit. You'll get to see and do a lot and also enjoy yourself and relax. Have a great trip!!!

we always go for 14 night at least, some trips 20 night... but we go usually in summer, taking naps every afternoon, golfing,...

Our first trip was 5 days (well 4 really because we only got in 2 hrs at Epcot the first night) and was not enough. We didnt even go to HS or AK that trip. Since then we've never done less than 10 days. When we have APs, we tend to do 2-3 weeks and when we don't, we do the 10 days with maybe a party night or two thrown in if it's during that time of year. We have an upcoming trip that will be 25 nights. We wanted to see the last Wishes on May 11 and since we had planned to stay 2-3 weeks anyway and our APs expire June 3, we decided why not just stay until after they expire. We will definitely have rest days and the kids will likely want to swim during the day, so most days we won't get to the parks until 3-5pm with a 1-2 hour dinner thrown in. So not a ton of park time each day, but a long relaxing vacation.

We did 14 days last summer....10 day tickets were not enough and we almost upgraded to APs. Only think that stopped us was a planned pregnancy and knowing we wouldn't be able to come back and get our money worth out of it. We STILL didn't get everything done!

Fast forward 10 months....a few weeks from delivery, APs purchased as a Christmas gift, a week in July planned, a week at Christmas planned, and 2 weeks in summer of 2018.

I think it really depends on you and your family. We are Disney nuts and love the family time.We even contemplated 3 weeks in the summer- but don't think its feasible with husbands work schedule!

Our ideal trip would be 10 days, lol. 2 days for each theme park, and 1 day for each waterpark.
If we went during the cooler time of the year, we would just to 8 days and skip the water parks.
Our upcoming trip is only 4 days and I don't know how we'll get it all done, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter