Too Much Disney World? Help....

Semperfi1972

Earning My Ears
So I think this is the right area to post. 407 days till trip.
I have settled on dates 30 May 2018 to 13 June 2018.

Traveling from AZ to FL

Pardon my manners; DW(44 Who is along for the ride) and I(45 The insane planner) will be traveling and staying alone. We have been to DL together once and each have been separate several times to DL and once each to DW when much younger (20 years ago ish)so I consider this a First time trip for both of us.

Failed to mention the Trip is 6 weeks prior to our 10th Anniversary so I am treating it as such as well. (She is getting spoiled)

Other Family will come and go during our stay. (Semi-Family Reunion) There are 2 Meals the Larger Family will go to together the rest of the time they are all on there own or can join us if they choose.

Oh and yes I have a Planning Binder, Spreadsheets on laptop, and a Disney box of stuff needed started lol.

Also for those that always ask yes there is a Budget somewhere between 10K and 12K but it must include everything.

So as of now this is what I have. I know I am missing some great stuff and I need help.
Food, Parades, Light Shows.

Solid yes are:
DxDP 84 TS Credits, 56 Snack Credits
Memory Maker
First Class Non-Stop Flight

Undecided are:
Hotel; CBR, PORR, PORFQ, CSR, CR. (All pending price at time able to book)
Rental Car? Needed or no?
FP; Haven't even started on this yet.
Restaurants; There are a few I have decided on that are solid, some are flexible. All times up in the air till park times come out. I know i need lots of ADR's. I also have OOP for extra food if needed so if you suggest a restaurant that needs 4 TS for 2 that's fine.
Parks; 50/50 Some are in stone the rest are flexible.
Parades; UNK

Travel Day:
The Boathouse (Dinner) 4 TS

Day 1: MK
1900 Park Fare (Breakfast) 2 TS
Tony's Town Square (Lunch) 2 TS
Be Our Guest (Dinner) 2 TS
DP @ Tomorrowland (yay Fireworks) OOP

Day 2: DHS
Hollywood & Vine (Breakfast) 2 TS
Backlot Express (Lunch) 2 TS
Sci-Fi Dine-in (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 3: MK
Crystal Palace (Breakfast) 2 TS (Family Set in Stone)
The Diamond Horseshoe (Lunch) 2 TS
Narcoossee's (Dinner) 4 TS

Day 4: EP
The Garden Grill (Breakfast) 2 TS
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Lunch) 2 TS
Coral Reef (Dinner) 2 TS (Family Set in Stone)

Day 5: Spa Day(Vida Salon)/Down Day
Hotel TBD (Breakfast) 2 TS
Las Ventanas (Lunch) 2 TS
Blue Man Group Dinner OOP

Day 6: AK
Trails End @FW (Breakfast) 2 TS
World Premier Food Court (Lunch) 2 TS
Mickeys Backyard BBQ @FW(Dinner) 4 TS

Day 7: TL
Typhoon Tilly's (Lunch) 2 TS
TBD? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 8: EP ?
? (Breakfast) 2 TS
? (Lunch) 2 TS
? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 9: DHS ?
? (Breakfast) 2 TS
? (Lunch) 2 TS
? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 10: AK
Rainforest Cafe (Breakfast) 2 TS
Tusker House (Lunch) 2 TS
Tiffins (Dinner) 4 TS Rivers of Light? Can I use DxDP or is this OOP?

Day 11: BB/Down Day???
? (Breakfast) 2 TS
? (Lunch) 2 TS
? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 12: Flex Day???
? (Breakfast) 2 TS
? (Lunch) 2/4/6? SN
? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 13: MK/Flex Day???
? (Breakfast) 2 TS
? (Lunch) 2/4/6? SN
? (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 14: Fly Home (Will be so sad)
? (Breakfast) 2 TS

Not so patiently waiting on suggestions lol

No suggestions...just wanted to say I am planning our trip for May 23,2018-June 2, 2018. I'm glad to see someone else is already planning that far ahead also! I wish I could figure out EMH evenings and park hours this far ahead. Would make planning easier. Pre-anniversary wishes for a Happy 10th to you. Ours will be 31 years.

Well, I'll say that we have never done a rental car at Disney. We just DME to the resort and back to MCO. I'm not sure why you would need one unless you plan on going somewhere out of Orlando. If Disney has their version of Uber started by our trip we might use it for any early breakfast ADR's or meals at other resorts.

Have you considered Le Cellier? It's a 2 credit per person meal. We have not been there but will be trying it this trip. Also trying the new Bon Voyage breakfast at the Italian restaurant on the boardwalk. I've heard it's 1 credit per person and has good food. I saw you have Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. Our kids (all adults) request that twice per trip.

I'm guessing your trip is for a group of 2? That sounds relaxing! Our trip will be for Me, my husband, our adult daughter 2 grand daughters with the possibility of our other daughter, her boyfriend, his 2 kids, our son and daughter in law joining us over the Memorial Day weekend. Maybe we can do a no kids trip for our 35th?!

Blue Man Group? Where is that show located? Saw the Chicago show twice. So much fun!

I have to say - that just seems like a lot of food having 3 TS a day - but you do have some nice choices.

Our favorite restaurants are
Boma for breakfast or dinner - but breakfast is excellent
Sanaa - we eat here every time
Ohana - we just love Ohana
We also love the Hoop Dee Doo Review - which is 2 TS - we go there every time too - so much fun.

We also enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe (at the Wilderness Lodge) and The Wave for lunch (at the Contemporary Resort)

I hope that helps.

Well, I'll say that we have never done a rental car at Disney. We just DME to the resort and back to MCO. I'm not sure why you would need one unless you plan on going somewhere out of Orlando. If Disney has their version of Uber started by our trip we might use it for any early breakfast ADR's or meals at other resorts.

Have you considered Le Cellier? It's a 2 credit per person meal. We have not been there but will be trying it this trip. Also trying the new Bon Voyage breakfast at the Italian restaurant on the boardwalk. I've heard it's 1 credit per person and has good food. I saw you have Rainforest Cafe for breakfast. Our kids (all adults) request that twice per trip.

I'm guessing your trip is for a group of 2? That sounds relaxing! Our trip will be for Me, my husband, our adult daughter 2 grand daughters with the possibility of our other daughter, her boyfriend, his 2 kids, our son and daughter in law joining us over the Memorial Day weekend. Maybe we can do a no kids trip for our 35th?!

Blue Man Group? Where is that show located? Saw the Chicago show twice. So much fun!

Blue Man Group is at Universal area 20 mins up the road.

I have to say - that just seems like a lot of food having 3 TS a day - but you do have some nice choices.

Our favorite restaurants are
Boma for breakfast or dinner - but breakfast is excellent
Sanaa - we eat here every time
Ohana - we just love Ohana
We also love the Hoop Dee Doo Review - which is 2 TS - we go there every time too - so much fun.

We also enjoy Whispering Canyon Cafe (at the Wilderness Lodge) and The Wave for lunch (at the Contemporary Resort)

I hope that helps.
I as well thought it would be time consuming to do 3 TS meals in a day however with so many days being there it does give rest time sitting and enjoying a meal lol.

Following along. I wish I had the time to spend 2 whole weeks in Disney...we are building up to that. Love all your plans. My DH and I love the DxDP. To answer your ? yes, you can use the dining credits for the river of lights show. We are using them on our up coming trip in 31 days. I would highly recommend Jiko or Boma. Boma is excellent, love their breakfast. My resort vote is POFQ. So romantic and quite. We fell in love with it and it was absolutely our best trip ever. Looking forward to hearing more about your plans

Following along. Great to see that I am not the only one who plans very far in advanced (Our next trip is either in November or December 2018).

I highly recommend either The Wave or Boma for breakfast. POFQ is quiet and beautiful. Looking forward to reading more!

Update 12/2/17

179 days till trip.

I have settled on dates 30 May 2018 to 13 June 2018. Reservations made and deposit put down.

Traveling from AZ to FL

Yes the budget increased to about 15k give or take 1k lol

So as of now this is what I have. I know I am missing some great stuff and I need help.
Parades, Light Shows.

Solid yes are:

DxDP 84 TS Credits, 56 Snack Credits
Memory Maker
First Class Non-Stop Flight
CSR yes i know some renovations are underway.
No Rental car will use Uber Lyft etc.
Food Food and more Food Most are set in stone and ADR’s Made out as far as I can. Got 99% of what I wanted, Couldn't get Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party ugh

Undecided are:
FP; Haven't even started on this yet.

Parades; UNK

Travel Day:

Room Service or Disney Springs (Dinner) OOP or 4 TSC

Day 1: MK

1900 Park Fare 810 AM(Breakfast) 2 TS
Be Our Guest 725 PM(Dinner) 2 TS
DP @ Tomorrowland (yay Fireworks) SO SAD COULD NOT GET

Day 2: DHS

At Hotel (Breakfast) 2 TS
Backlot Express (Lunch) 2 TS
Sci-Fi Dine-in 645 PM(Dinner) 2 TS

Day 3: MK

Crystal Palace 815 AM (Breakfast) OOP
Narcoossee's 730 PM (Dinner) 4 TS

Day 4: EP

The Garden Grill 830 AM (Breakfast) 2 TS
Coral Reef 705 PM (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 5: Spa Day(Vida Salon)/Down Day

Day 6: AK

Trails End @FW 730 AM (Breakfast) 2 TS
Jiko @ AK 730 PM(Dinner) 4 TS

Day 7: TL

Day 8: MK

Chef Mickey’s 7 AM (Breakfast) 2 TS
Tonys Town Square 1230 pm (Lunch) 2 TS
Jungle Nav Skipper Canteen 7 PM (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 9: Down Day

At Hotel (Breakfast) 2 TS
Mickeys Backyard BBQ 530 PM (Dinner) 4 TS

Day 10: DHS

Hollywood & Vine 8 AM (Breakfast) 2 TS
Mama Melroses 7 PM (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 11: EP

Ohana Time 8 AM (Breakfast) 2 TS
Akershus Time 7 PM (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 12: AK

Boma Time TBD (Breakfast) 2 TS
Tusker House Time TBD (Dinner) 2 TS

Day 13: MK/Flex Day???

The Wave Time TBD (Breakfast) 2 TS
Tiffins Time TBD (Dinner) 4 TS

Day 14: Fly Home (Will be so sad)

? (Breakfast) 2 TS

Last edited:
Enjoy! I just spent 2 weeks at WDW with regular DDP and loved it.

By the way, Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a dinner show - so 4 TS for the both of you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter