Took me 3 years but Covid19 finally got me

OP, I hope you feel better soon.

We got sick October 2022. We kept testing negative. Called the Dr. She said we had RSV not Covid. She said a lot of people are confusing the two. We had sore throat, runny nose, congestion, cough and fatigue. From start to finish it was 3 weeks.

I think I have every symptom that comes along with it too. Any suggestions on what to do right from those of you who have been through it? Sticking with Tylenol. I can't smell or taste and that bothers me the most and I'm scared it may take forever to get back.

Fever, awful body aches, sore throat, coughing, headache, covid "fog" feeling when I get up, going the bathroom more, just awful. Began early Monday morning. Tuesday I felt pretty darn good and the fever came back Tuesday evening. Every day seems like something new is presenting itself.

Appreciate you and any tips you can give.

And yes, I'm drinking TONS of water!
I was thinking of you this morning, I hope you are feeling a little better today!

I had the massive amounts of snot and phlegm and the killer sore throat. Low grade fever. I am almost 1 year post infection and still dealing with eustachian tube dysfunction. I found out last week that I have a retracted ear drum (all from my COVID infection) and will likely have a tube put in next month.
The killler sore throat was my fiirst COVID symptom. Different than any other sore throat I've had and I had recurring tonsillitis as a young adult. It diminished after the first few days but lingered through the 10 days. I realized I'd had this sharp sore throat a couple of times since 2020 but got over it quickly and only tested positive this time.

Last edited:
I was thinking of you this morning, I hope you are feeling a little better today!
How very sweet of you! Thank you for thinking of me!

OP HERE - I'm doing better, it's Day 5, I still can't smell or taste and that is really bothering me. A whole different story eating when all you can do now is notice the texture of foods in your mouth.

I'm still really tired, blowing my nose and headache from time to time but I'm confident the worst is behind me. Thank God.

How very sweet of you! Thank you for thinking of me!

OP HERE - I'm doing better, it's Day 5, I still can't smell or taste and that is really bothering me. A whole different story eating when all you can do now is notice the texture of foods in your mouth.

I'm still really tired, blowing my nose and headache from time to time but I'm confident the worst is behind me. Thank God.
The taste thing was weird to me too, and I found had to make myself eat and drink. Take care!

We got sick October 2022. We kept testing negative. Called the Dr. She said we had RSV not Covid. She said a lot of people are confusing the two. We had sore throat, runny nose, congestion, cough and fatigue. From start to finish it was 3 weeks.
That was absolutely rampant here this winter and a MUCH greater threat to children than Covid ever was. Our local paediatric medical facilities were absolutely overwhelmed in December and January; like flashback scenes from 2020. :scared:Adults were also being diagnosed with it in unheard-of numbers, although reports of adults needing hospitalization were few. And a particularly brutal flu season was just the nasty, rotten cherry-on-top. More influenza deaths here recently than the past 5 years combined.:sad1:

Glad you are feeling better!

Might I suggest the game my husband and I played, we called it "you really can't taste that? I can't either!" :rotfl: where we were so bored by day 6 of our isolation we went up to the kitchen and tried our best to taste something, anything! It came back by about day 8 or 9 if I recall correctly.

I didn't get it until late December 2022, that I know of, but I was the sickest I remember being in Nov 2019 and I have got to wonder if I had it back then. In December, it kind of manifested differently for everyone. We all got sick, but I think I got it first. Ironically, what made me wonder later on was that I had these aches like even my SKIN hurt, and the only thing that had made me feel that way before was the COVID vaccine. Hmmmm. Son spiked a mild fever for a couple of days, had a slightly runny nose, and got over it like it was nothing. I had bad chills in the middle of the night (like real bad, thought I was going to break bones from shivering) but the main suck of it was a cough, then laryngitis, that lasted for weeks. My wife had ear pain, and never had as much of a cough as I did, but she was misdiagnosed at first and given a corticosteroid for her ear, which made her worse, then we later found out she had COVID when she lost her sense of taste and smell and we tested. I never lost those. Hers came back in like... a couple of weeks?

The main thing that I did was alternate Sudafed and tessalon perles for the cough, every other night. No particular reason why, that's just what I did. That and lots of hot water with honey and lemon, hydrating, avoiding dairy (mucus), and sleeping as often as I could/felt the need. Do what you need to do to get as solid a night's sleep as you can. That will help the most. And yeah, as others have said, don't zoom back to normal life as soon as you feel better. The fatigue that comes with COVID is pretty sneaky. You may think you're well, but you aren't, and you will wipe yourself out pretty fast.

OP HERE again - Woke up this morning and feel like I've been hit by a mac truck (mom used to always say that). I'm just wiped out. No energy at all. Didn't overdo anything yesterday either.

Ugh - thought I was on the mend and now this. Still can't smell or taste. Blowing my nose a lot. This is just awful

OP HERE again - Woke up this morning and feel like I've been hit by a mac truck (mom used to always say that). I'm just wiped out. No energy at all. Didn't overdo anything yesterday either.

Ugh - thought I was on the mend and now this. Still can't smell or taste. Blowing my nose a lot. This is just awful

Sorry you’re having a rough day. Viruses are like that, the symptoms come & go, get better then worse until the virus runs its course. If you haven’t gotten an antiviral it’s probably too late now. At this point rest, lots of fluids & treat symptoms as needed… analgesics for body aches, fever & headaches; decongestants & saline nasal spray for congestion; cough medicine if needed & the extra vitamins to support your immune system. Unfortunately Covid can take longer to recover, sometimes up to 2 weeks of feeling really sick. Hope tomorrow will be better for you. 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Sorry to hear that. I was going on 2.5-3 weeks before I could say that I think I was done with the "active" phase.

My dd had covid for at least the second time on Christmas Eve. She wasn’t too sick, did her quarantine and then continued with her regular schedule. After about 3 days of feeling fine she got super sick - fever, horrible cough, no energy etc. she was so bad we did a tele health visit because she didn’t even want to leave the house. This doctor said so many people were getting this after covid and that she wished that more people would take the paxlovid meds. My daughter ended up on antibiotics, prescription cough meds and steroids. It took a good week after then to get back to normal again.

That was absolutely rampant here this winter and a MUCH greater threat to children than Covid ever was. Our local paediatric medical facilities were absolutely overwhelmed in December and January; like flashback scenes from 2020. :scared:Adults were also being diagnosed with it in unheard-of numbers, although reports of adults needing hospitalization were few. And a particularly brutal flu season was just the nasty, rotten cherry-on-top. More influenza deaths here recently than the past 5 years combined.:sad1:
I had RSV and a stomach bug in November, influenza A in December, COVID in Jan/Feb (1st time), and now another stomach bug. Pretty sure my son gave me the first 4 things. He doesn’t have this stomach bug and I hope he doesn’t get it. Meanwhile, my husband hasn’t gotten any of these things, just a couple of colds.

We’ve had an absolutely miserable fall/winter and I am so tired of it. I’ve never been sick this much in my life. I ran a fever for 48 hours with COVID, I can’t remember the last time I did that. And my son (7) ran a 102 fever for 4 consecutive days with the flu.

It’s been brutal out there.

I avoided it all this time as well until last month when I brought it home as my WDW souvenir. I figured it was going to find me eventually as I started taking Otezla in December to calm my immune system.

I had Paxlovid in hand less than an hour after talking to my doctor. I could tell it stopped the virus in its tracks, which I could feel was moving quickly from my head downward into my lungs. Lots of the same symptoms mentioned: fever, aches, sore throat, earache, cough...

I took dayquil and nyquil round the clock and used my inhaler more than I have the last 10 years combined. I just wanted to sleep but reading a lot of these responses, that wasn't a good idea!!

The other thing that got me through were honey lozenges with liquid honey centers. Not only did they soothe my throat, they gave me a couple minutes of relief from that awful paxlovid bitter taste!! 🤢

I had an awful awful cold, needed to walk around with box of tissues. Few days later, the runny nose stopped and the deep heavy cough started. I sounded like I had a whistle in my throat. No trouble breathing, didn't feel bad, just sounded awful. Check O2 levels with the finger tip meter. Took covid test. neg. waited two days, tested again , neg.

I just thought bad cold. Talk to dr a few months later, he said it was probably RSV.

We've never had covid. Got all the shots. DH is suppose to have surgery end of month. 10-12 days before surgery, I'm planning for us to hide out in house, no shopping, no grandkids. Don't want any last min bugs to attack us and delay surgery

OP Here - Hi everyone - I "think" I'm turning a corner. I'm not exhausted or weak anymore.

What I do still have is: blowing my nose - a lot! When does this end? I'm on day 9. And the WORST is I still can't taste. Freaking me out this may stay with me. Still have a nasty sounding cough when I do cough but that isn't that much.

Now both DD's and their families have it also. My oldest DD has been through the ringer the past month. She had her gallbladder out, which lead to pancreatitis and a week in the hospital from infection, to come home and now get Covid. It's been a month of nightmares for her. Appreciate any prayers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter