• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Took the tour and want to switch guides

SamiL

Mouseketeer
We took the tour late yesterday and did not hit it off with our guide. I'm wondering if it is difficult to switch, and if it is not, is there a guide that anyone would recommend.

Ours seemed put off that we want to buy in 6 mo. to a year, not right away. So, if there is a guide that doesn't mind that it takes us a while to think things over, that might be better for us.

Thanks!
SamiL

We have Meghan, and she's great. We took about 3 or 4 months to buy but when we toured we were figuring a year or 2. She was very patient with us, and very helpful with all of our questions, and followups. I don't know if trading is possible though, we didn't have to worry about it. I'd call and ask it can't hurt.

Melissa

Wow I'm very surprised. Our's is Marc Turner. He is very easy going. He pretty much showed us around then laid down the financials at the end of the presentation in a very tasteful way. 0 pressure or I would have walked.

We never had any trouble with guides that way, and we waited nearly 5 years to buy in (kicking myself from here to Mars about that one), and buy the time we did, we had our guide changed twice by DVC already.

Our guide is Nikki Aumiller (sp?). She has been great throughout our whole experience.

Change your guide a.s.a.p.! We waited seven years before purchasing because of our experience with the guide we were assigned during the initial presentation. We didn't realize until I found these boards that our experience was definitely not the norm. I'm sure we would have bought right away had we been assigned to someone else. And, if anyone is wondering...no -- he's not there anymore!

I didn't care for our guide, and I will change if we ever buy again. He was nice enough, answered all of our questions, and seemed like he really cared. Two major things that were a turn-off. One was that he told us to look through the information and he would give us some time to talk. We talked for about five minutes, and then called him. He said he'd be right in. It was twenty minutes later. Not cool when it was our last day of vacation, and he knew it. He was on the phone. DH almost walked out. He did leave the room. The second thing that bugs me is that he told us we'd have no problem staying anywhere we wanted in December. That's obviously going to be a problem.

I would definitely ask to change guides. It is a big decision and you need to feel comfortable before you decide on anything. Our guide is Chris Mansour and he was very good and was easy to talk to when we toured and eventually bought last September.

It is easy to switch guides. Don't let the salesperson put you off a good product. A good guide will invite you to buy when it is right for you. Next time you visit or call just ask for the sales manager and request a new guide assignment. They will ask why, but it is for learning. My sister didn't connect with the guide she toured with initially. A year later she asked to be reassigned, toured, and bought.

GOOD LUCK

Carrie25 said:
Wow I'm very surprised. Our's is Marc Turner. He is very easy going. He pretty much showed us around then laid down the financials at the end of the presentation in a very tasteful way. 0 pressure or I would have walked.

Marc stayed in touch with me for several years before we decided to buy. He has never given us an incorrect information. I highly recommend him, too.

Hi,

We took 6 months to buy from our guide and he was GREAT. We would constantly call him with questions and he never pressured us to buy. His name is Greg Coots...

Good Luck,
Debra

I've never understood the affection that people have for their guide. :confused3 Our guide was very nice, and it seems like one would expect that since she wants to sell me something. That being said, I don't feel the need for an ongoing relationship with her.

If your unhappy, besides switching you could consider going guideless and by a resale.

As I said in a recent post, I cannot say enough good things about Michelle MacAlister! :goodvibes She is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and really really fun! :sunny: If you would like her number, please feel free to email me!

Joni

What difference does it make unless you want to put a dent in their sales numbers. I only met my guide once and that was when she was selling to friends of mine (lucky them...they got me as a referral later). I haven't heard squat out of her since my one call to start my sale in motion...other than the pre-printed materials Disney sends that is. If this sort of guide appeals to you her name is Larissa Prendergast. She doesn't offend me enough to bother about changing her out.

In 1992 we toured with Rafael Massa. We again visited in 96, and you would have thought it was yesterday that we had toured. We still didn't buy. Then in 2002 we visited again, and Rafael was still there with his great smile, and personality. In between we spoke a few times over the phone, but finally bought on that 02 trip. 10 years, I would say that is patience. He never once said we were making a mistake, or showed any disappointment that we just couldn't buy back then. He has been great to us, and a couple of years ago I brought my dad and sister to him, and they both bought. Although my sister had toured with somebody else in 98, she preferred to buy from Rafael last year. So that is my recomendation, Rafael Massa, the ultimate in patience and help, the Disney way!

Get a different guide. Its not about loving your guide and wanting to exchange Christmas cards for the next 10 years, its about feeling comfortable with the person selling you a timeshare that is a huge financial committment! I liked our sales guy tremendously but he told us many incorrect things. First off that when we used points for Disneyland California we would receive free park hopper passes, therefore making that a much better deal than the points per night indicated. First wrong info and a big deal since we go to Disneyland quite a lot and this information caused us to add 100 points more to our contract than we had originally considered. I found out this was wrong when I got home and checked with a fellow Coloradoan/disboards/dvc owner who also goes to Disneyland and knew better. Second thing he told us that was wrong, was that when we made our reservations with ms, we would be preassigned a room at that moment and therefore our requests could be guaranteed at booking. And last but not least when I called him from home 3 days after purchasing our 400 points to tell him I had just called ms and been told that no, we would not get free DL park hoppers (thats for Disneyland Paris only) he didn't remember us at all, (again, just 3 days later) and maintained that yes, we would receive the free park hoppers at Disneyland CA, and that he would call us back. NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN!! I have no idea if he is still there but I really regret not calling a higher up and getting his name and commission nuked off our contract. I even had a handwritten note he used during our presentation with him pricing out a Disneyland vacation with the free park hopper noted. If my mom had not gotten very sick that same week, I would have dealt with it but it just kind of never happened and we knew we were still happy we had bought so we let it go, dumb us. My point to the op via this longwinded, sad tale is this: why let somebody who doesn't do their job properly as far as your sale is concerned, get a commission? Find somebody else to give your hard earned money to who deserves it!

If you're not going to buy for 6 months, think about resales. You will be able to purchase thru a resale company at a deep discount and not worry about dealing with someone who rubs you the wrong way.

Most likely, you'll save a bunch of money because Saratoga Springs will be at a higher price then and you can save by buying resale.

IMHO.

First Wave :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter