• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top 3 favorite dead Presidents

John Adams - so underappreciated for his role in founding the country, and being the second president was no easy task - no one really knew what it looked like to change a country's leader like that. And let's face it - following Washington was a Sisyphean task if ever there was one.

George Washington - for everything, but mostly for stepping down as President after 8 years. He so easily could have become a new monarch.

Third... humm... I mean, Lincoln seems like the obvious choice, although I'm pretty grateful for JFK for getting us on the path to the moon. And I really love National Parks, so Teddy Roosevelt's awesome. And winning WWII was nice, so maybe FDR... yeah, I guess I'll just stick with Lincoln.

FDR - because I like his philosophy and grit.
Jefferson - because he was a scholar and inventor as well as a president.
Lincoln - because it took a lot of courage to make such big changes and hold the country together.

Jefferson
Lincoln
FDR

With a shout out to Chester Arthur because I like his name and his looks.

John Adams - he was obnoxious & disliked ;) but he pushed forward the dream & resolution on American independence, almost more than anyone else in congress, till the resolution was passed.

Thomas Jefferson - he wrote the draft of the Declaration of Independence (with a small committee.)

Ben Franklin - also one of our forefathers who helped passed the resolution on Independence. He also invented a lot of great stuff: bifocal eyeglasses, the first public library, the first U.S. post office. :thumbsup2

Fourth is: Teddy Roosevelt for starting the National Parks system to protect some of our greatest treasures of land, that many corporations would have greedily come in and plowed over and stripped the land & habitat of everything sacred & beautiful just to make a buck.

Here is a great video of Adams, Jefferson & Franklin, singing in 1776. :teeth:

Last edited:

John Adams - he was obnoxious & disliked ;) but he pushed forward the dream & resolution on American independence, almost more than one else in congress, till the resolution was passed.

Thomas Jefferson - he wrote the draft of the Declaration of Independence (with a small committee.)

Ben Franklin - also one of our forefathers who helped passed the resolution on Independence. He also invented a lot of great stuff: bifocal eyeglasses, the first public library, the first U.S. post office. :thumbsup2

Fourth is: Teddy Roosevelt for starting the National Parks system to protect some of our greatest treasures of land, that many corporations would have greedily come in and plowed over and striped the land & habitat of everything sacred & beautiful just to make a buck.

YES!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was the only one in the world who loves that movie. I can - quite literally - recite the whole thing word for word.

John Adams - he was obnoxious & disliked ;) but he pushed forward the dream & resolution on American independence, almost more than anyone else in congress, till the resolution was passed.

Fourth is: Teddy Roosevelt for starting the National Parks system to protect some of our greatest treasures of land, that many corporations would have greedily come in and plowed over and stripped the land & habitat of everything sacred & beautiful just to make a buck.

o_O

Say wha?

Millard Filmore cause he looked a lot like Alec Baldwin..

Grover Cleveland cause cool name bro.

Theodore Roosevelt cause he liked to ride horses.

Oops! I just Googled. Benjamin Franklin was never a POTUS. He was "just" a Founding Father. No wonder he had all that time to invent stuff & come up with great quotes. :teeth: And still, they put him on a $100 bill. :thumbsup2 This would have been one of those trick questions on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire, that would have tripped me up. :blush:

Good thing I had listed a fourth POTUS. :thumbsup2 Theodore Roosevelt is my 3rd favorite president.

Ooo! Wait! I change that to Fitzgerald Grant III. :love::teeth: ;) (He's not dead. . . but he's not really alive either. :teeth: )

Last edited:
I just looked at the American political science's latest survey on the rankings of Presidents. Top 5 are
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. George Washington
3 .FDR
4. Teddy Roosevelt
5. Thomas Jefferson

Wahoo! My top 3 are listed there! 2/3 of my worst presidents are in the bottom 3.

Thank you Mr. Bartol from US AP for making us write weekly presidential essays, lol.

1. Lincoln, for saving the nation and standing up for what’s right
2. Obama, for all around leadership and showing us what this nation can be
3. FDR, for saving the economy and introducing a social safety net

With a strong honorable mention to LBJ for the Civil Rights Act.

I know that he likes the Lucky Strikes, but as of this post he isn’t dead.

o_O

Again I say..Say WHA??

(you read the thread title right?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter