Top 3 most realistic Doctor shows

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
(no reality shows) ever ? Grant it most of us never been Doctors so its just what we think is most realistic

3. St Elsewhere
2. Mash
1. Greys Anonymity

I dont really know any that I think are realistic but one that I don't think is realistic (but still like) is House. Not a huge fan of doctor shows but I did love MASH:banana:

I am too young for st elsewhere. Grey's anatomy, not realistic, not by a long shot. Chicago hope, occasionally. For my 14 plus years as an ER/ICU RN, ER tops my list.

Chicago Hope
ER
St Elsewhere

:cutie:

i thought I might have been the only fan of St Lesewhwere, I loved that show at the time

I dont really know any that I think are realistic but one that I don't think is realistic (but still like) is House. Not a huge fan of doctor shows but I did love MASH:banana:

I think Mash was realistic to, of curse over the top, but its tv :rotfl:, so there all a bit over the top, also with Mash you got a feeling of the war

I am too young for st elsewhere. Grey's anatomy, not realistic, not by a long shot. Chicago hope, occasionally. For my 14 plus years as an ER/ICU RN, ER tops my list.

your opinion is a good one then , why i said greys, was I learned from the show, exactly what a resident is and what there life is like. How they all want a good surgery, and how you endangered of being cut or not passing test, or fighting over the best hospitals. Might be common knowledge to you and a lot of people but I never knew this

You know, I saw an article about this awhile back, I wonder if I can fidn it... Anyways, it said that the most realistic medical show, that most doctors could agree on was Scrubs. Because most doctors don't have all these life threatening emergencies and stuff every day/week, but it was more like Scrubs, with lots of smaller cases, and the staff doing what ever was necessary to keep themselves cheerful. Obviously Scrubs is a comedy,a nd not totally realistic, but I thought it was interesting that most doctors agreed on that.

ETA:
Here's the article:
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2009/05/scrubs.html

And here is a response from a doctor agreeing:
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2009/05/what-is-most-accurate-medical-show-on.html

You know, I saw an article about this awhile back, I wonder if I can fidn it... Anyways, it said that the most realistic medical show, that most doctors could agree on was Scrubs. Because most doctors don't have all these life threatening emergencies and stuff every day/week, but it was more like Scrubs, with lots of smaller cases, and the staff doing what ever was necessary to keep themselves cheerful. Obviously Scrubs is a comedy,a nd not totally realistic, but I thought it was interesting that most doctors agreed on that.

ETA:
Here's the article:

really :eek:, I never would have thought that, I wished I would have watched it, I seen a little bit of a few episodes, it seemed silly, I dint know it had a true edge to it

I worked in a hospital pharmacy for 7 yrs. In my experience, Scrubs! There is a lot of work, but it's mostly rote, and only the occasional emergency. The antics of the staff is what made it lively.

ETA:
Here's the article:

I dated a pediatrician for a little while and when I asked her if any of the hospital shows were real she said that Scrubs was the closest when it came to personal interactions with coworkers and House was the closest when it came to the process of helping the patients.

Not being a doctor I have to take her word for it.

really :eek:, I never would have thought that, I wished I would have watched it, I seen a little bit of a few episodes, it seemed silly, I dint know it had a true edge to it

Edge was never a constant thing, but occurred in short and (hopefully) infrequent bursts. LOTS of joking around and inappropriately funny behavior was the norm when I worked there and it was a children's hospital :) Hospital work has tension and duty built in automatically, so releasing it with humor was pretty much necessary.

ER in the beginning was very realistic before it got to touchy feely, interpersonal stories. But at the beginning it was very realistic. I felt like I was at work when I watched it.

House was realistic as far as doing the procedures.

There used to be a great ER fan site that included great medical write-ups from a real ER doctor that pointed out what the show got right and wrong. Generally speaking, it was pretty accurate, but I remember the one inaccuracy (for dramatic effect) that drove him nuts was allowing loved ones into the trauma rooms or letting them watch through the door windows.

My husband says Scrubs, hands down. He loves the opening when they throw the X-ray up and its upside down.

The only one that's ever had a situation I could relate to is Scrubs. I did love watching ER as a kid though, and I enjoyed watching House. House was absolutely the least realistic, IMO.

I hate soaps so I've only ever seen one episode of Grey's, but it makes me thankful I've never worked in a hospital where all the staff are sleeping with each other. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter