Top 5 countries you wish would be added to the Epcot World Showcase?

My votes would be for Australia and Greece. Both for food and fun stuff. I suppose we would enjoy an attraction based on Jungle Book, but we wouldn't be able to eat there. Some spices are just not for us.

The only one I'd really want is Greece, I've always wanted to go there and the odds of that happening are pretty slim so that would be as close as I could get. Greek food is my all time favorite.

The only one I'd really want is Greece, I've always wanted to go there and the odds of that happening are pretty slim so that would be as close as I could get. Greek food is my all time favorite.
I love Greek food and would absolutely enjoy a Greece pavilion, but I didn't personally choose it for my own list because I think if WDW adds more pavilions they really need to let some other continents play catch up to Europe a bit, or be included at all! :) But, yeah, walking around Disney while enjoying Greek food is certainly not something I'd ever complain about! :)

I love seeing all of the different suggestions. Mostly, I just really hope that we do get to see a few new pavilions before the entire World Showcase is filled with additions to existing ones.

I love Greek food and would absolutely enjoy a Greece pavilion, but I didn't personally choose it for my own list because I think if WDW adds more pavilions they really need to let some other continents play catch up to Europe a bit, or be included at all! :) But, yeah, walking around Disney while enjoying Greek food is certainly not something I'd ever complain about! :)
They should sell donairs in Canada. The Canadian donair is basically a gyro pita but with a sweeter sauce than tzaziki.

1. Australia
  2. Peru
  3. Brazil
  4. Indonesia
  5. South Korea
I agree that the continent of Africa needs to be represented but I can't think if a country that you could include and not face some sort of political backlash 🤷‍♂️

I think you'd probably go with a themed region. Morocco seems to incorporate some Northern Africa + Middle East so you could go with West Africa (Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon) or East Africa (Ethiopia, Somalia, Sudan) or Southern Africa (RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe).

Similarly, you could apply this to the Caribbean, Polynesian Islands (yeah I know there are resorts with theming for both) and Southeast Asia.

I agree, but unfortunately the well to-do countries are the ones that get pavillions. I'd love to see certain countries, but they are unlikely due to their inability to finance it or their government's geo-political status. Egypt would be fabulous to me, but I don't see it happening. Realistically, I think Australia is a possibility and the much-rumored Brazil. India is an outside possibility and would definitely be cool, but then again an entire portion of Animal Kingdom is devoted to it.

Fair enough, but I was thinking more southern than that. Morocco is more Middle Eastern in it's vibe.

The original plans for EPCOT Center, and even included a preview by Alex Haley during the television premiere of EPCOT Center by Danny Kaye, mentioned a "Central African" pavilion which I believe would have been located in what eventually became the outpost.

The good news that IMO much of Animal Kingdom makes up for what we didn't get in EPCOT with various Asian and African places.

I'd rather they put legit attractions in instead of more glorified shopping faux international bazaar mall. How good would it be if every pavilion had a little cultural movie and a legit attraction? Heck. We might end up not paying all that money for the kids to color.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter