• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Three Bottom of the Pit Restraunts

I'll bite: for us it's Tony's Town Square, San Angel Inn and Hollywood and Vine. All three had sub par food and service on our visits. As in cold hard rice at San Angel and Gelled pasta sauce at Tony's , along with the nasty est buffet ever seen at H&V (food everywhere, smeared on the floors, tables full of crusted over used dishes (and this was at 6PM, not late). No drink refills at H&V either, even after asking two different servers. :( Yuck!

Okay, I have been to Chef Mickey's for dinner one time so that my son could hang out with Mickey. Therefore, I never have to go back. :)

Tough one because most places are pretty good. I'd say...

Hollywood and Vine Dinner... at least for lunch, the characters make up for the bad food.

Kona Cafe - Probably good but I was grossed by the flies around the dessert display (display only not to be eaten).

Teppan Edo - just boring... I don't know why we went here. Theses Japanese steakhouses are all over the place at home.... They all do the same thing..... Food and service was great... it's just that I can do this at home. Japan really needs something more authentic than the every day knife chopping grill trick places.

I like the fun places to eat, even if the food isn't the best. We have good food at home. But we do like the signature restaurants like Citrocos and California Grill. While they are still just restaurants, the food is awesome and we would NEVER go to a restaurant that expensive at home. Being at Disney and on the deluxe dining plan gives us reason to splurge!

#1 spot goes to Cantina San Angel...the most vile "Mexican" food I've ever eaten. There was absolutely nothing to redeem this meal...

#2 ABC Commissary...just bleh, nothing tasted good, everything was tepid...falls under the category of "food for sustenance"

#3 Pizza Planet...Cici's Pizza is better (and if you know what that is, you'll understand!)

#1 spot goes to Cantina San Angel...the most vile "Mexican" food I've ever eaten. There was absolutely nothing to redeem this meal...

#2 ABC Commissary...just bleh, nothing tasted good, everything was tepid...falls under the category of "food for sustenance"

#3 Pizza Planet...Cici's Pizza is better (and if you know what that is, you'll understand!)

Always wondered toward the ABC Commissary....thought it was kind of blah looking and always chose against...glad I have done so.

Most people will disagree with two of my answers. The first choice is HDDR. The food was not good at all and there was a big group of people in their early 20's that prolly ruined the show for everyone. Even the performers were getting irritated with them. It didn't help that the girls were dressed very inappropriately, especially since HDDR is a family show. We were so disappointed with the whole experience.

My next choice is California Grill. The food was good, but the service was horrible. Our server would hover around his larger party tables and completely ignore us. I guess because we were a party of 2, his tip wasn't going to be as big. Our meal for two people took over four hours! It was 45 minutes AFTER we had finished dessert to finally bring us our check. It's been almost five years since that happened. I tried asking DH if he wanted to try it in July, but he said he wasn't ready to go back there yet.

The third place is Electric Umbrella at Epcot. The food there was absolutely disgusting.

My top 3 of the bottom would be:

1. San Angel. I've eaten great Mexican food here in California and in Mexico and this stuff was just plain awful.

2. Whispering Canyon Cafe. Dried out food and the awful entertainment.

3. Yak n Yeti. Although I've read that they have removed the pho from the menu, the memory of how bad it was will stay with me for a long time.

1) Chefs de France! We were so excited to eat here, but did not like the entree or desert!:scared1:
2) Tony's! Was okay, but not anything great (or even really good)!:confused3
3) WCC! We thought it was really kind of gross!:eek:

My bottom three:

1. San Angel CS -- I guess the good news is that it has been shut down and is being reinvented. It was the worst meal I've had on Disney property.

2. ABC Commissary -- I could see that it was fast food. It just wasn't good fast food.

3. Tony's Town Square Tavern -- I was completely underwhelmed by the food there. Very disappointing.

WOW!! I am canceling San Angel Inn. Way too many negative reviews ....:scared1:

I can't look!! :eek: If I see my places on too many lists I am going to freak out and start canceling and changing reservations again!! :surfweb: I have lost count of my bookings and cancellations.

WOW!! I am canceling San Angel Inn. Way too many negative reviews ....:scared1:
ahh don't cancel :/ I really like that restraunt. It was on my top list lol. My sister agrees with me. Ultimately it is up to you, but I would decide for yourself because I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
Magical Wishes:wizard:

Other posts/threads/reviews talk about San Angel Inn getting a new chef or something, and the menu is supposed to be much, much better. I'd pay attention to only reviews from people who have been there in the last 2 months. I've never been there but looking forward to it next trip.

ahh don't cancel :/ I really like that restraunt. It was on my top list lol. My sister agrees with me. Ultimately it is up to you, but I would decide for yourself because I enjoyed the atmosphere and the food.
Magical Wishes:wizard:

- Tony's Town Square (3 visits & all 3 mediocre food at best & consistent poor service)
- Le Cellier (way over rated (except for the cheese soup); go to Yachtsman instead if you like steak)
- Gasparilla Grill (even if it is counter service, I want better quality food at GFR)

I've only had 2 bad meals at Disney, so I can't come up with 3...I liked everything else!

The place I will NEVER return to is Les Chefs de France - bad service and the food was like a frozen entree.

Kouzzina was bad when I went, but I might be willing to try it again one day...I WANT to like it but my first visit was awful. Too much to list here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter