Top Universal restaurants??

Callsdodisney

Mouseketeer
Really great food is vital to our vacation enjoyment. We typically do signatures at Disney.

I see the most talked about at Universal (toothsome, Cowfish), but what are the restaurants with the best food? Maybe it’s the same restaurants, or maybe it’s an entirely different list? Just want to make sure I’m booking the right spots for us!

Just my opinion but I think if you’re looking for signature/high quality food, your best bet is to dine at some of the resorts instead of the parks or Citywalk. For example, I’ve heard Bice at Portofino Bay is excellent. Also, while Jake’s (Royal Pacific) is not signature we really enjoyed the food here. Strong Water at Sapphire Falls has excellent food and drinks too (this is more so tapas style).

I wouldn’t call it signature but we were satisfied with Vivo and a few others at Citywalk.

Cowfish is great! Also have had good food at nbc grill and mythos. I hated toothesome.

We really enjoyed Bice at Portofino! Had two bad experiences at Jake's (we had previously enjoyed it here, so were disappointed), so won't be returning in awhile. But will definitely return to Bice.

We really liked Finnegan’s at Universal Studios.
Agree, great food and atmosphere. I don’t know if it’s just a weekend thing, but they had a singer there on Sunday March 27th ( we had a 5:30 reservation) that was really good. He got the whole place going. He sang tat song- Friends in low places, and American Pie… he had the whole restaurant singing along. We’ve eaten there before, but apparently not on a weekend.

Cowfish is still one of our favourites, I love sushi and husband loves burgers, so it works perfectly. We also had a really nice meal at Mythos, good options and sensibly priced for what it was.

I don't think either would stand up to a Disney signature restaurant, but they're definitely places we will go back to this year.

I love the food at Cowfish - it's unique and we've always had a wonderful experience. I love the ambiance of Toothsome, but the food has always just been okay for us.

Another vote for Finnegan's, and I would also recommend Big Fire. My 9 yo son and I loved Cowfish but my wife and 15 yo son did not.

I don't think we've ever had a bad meal at any of the restaurants on property or City Walk. We really enjoyed Big Fire last trip - truthfully we always have so much fun when we're there that every restaurant is a favorite.

Our favorites:
Bice, has been good over the years, this year they seemed to be coasting, still good but missing a step.
Cowfish, just fun and really good food
Mythos a must do for lunch
Big Fire Grill - new for us this year and was very impressed. Good food and service.
Have done Lombards in the past, good seafood.

Bice and Mythos.
Miss Tchoup Chop a lot. One of our best NYE ever was there. We had every sushi item and dessert over two hours+
Many of the resort restaurants would stand up to any of Disney's signatures minus V&A's

What kind of food do you like?

I put NBC Grill near the top for just straight-up tasty food. It isn't fancy, but you get really good "American" food.

Cowfish is another favorite because it is unique. The crab rangoon dip is lovely.

I don't do the very expensive places, so can't compare those.

Mythos. It was the best meal we had last week. Bice was good but the portions were tiny. We liked Lombards for lunch, the seafood was very fresh. We ate on the balcony/patio at all three locations which was really lovely as the weather was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter