Topolino’s or H&V?

jani3

Always day dreaming of Disney...
Based in your most recent experience at either of the two, which one would you recommend for character dining? How was the food, restaurant vibe, character interaction (from a distance), etc.

Last edited:
Based in your most recent experience at either of the two, which one would you recommend? How was the food, restaurant vibe, character interaction (from a distance), etc.
Are you looking at lunch/dinner for H&V and breakfast for Topolinos?

A few Weeks ago, we did dinner on our first night at H&V and a Topolinos breakfast on our way to the airport.

The food at both places was really good,but Topolinos was definitely better. The flavors of the food just popped.

Character interactions were about the same, but again, I'd give the edge to Topolinos. This could just be that we got used to the distancing as the week went on. We did 4 character meals total. The artistic outfits at Topolinos are really fun too.

Topolinos atmosphere is really cool too. Once you're done eating, you can go out on the balcony and get some good skyline views of DHS and Epcot. H&V didn't have much of an exciting feel to it.

My wife said to me the other day, if I could fly to Florida and eat at 1 place, it'd be to go eat breakfast at Topolinos again. Lol. I'd definitely go back. It was the best (and least expensive) character meal of our trip.

Both :banana:

Very different experiences—out of park breakfast vs in-park 3 course lunch or dinner. Both good though. Would go with what what works best for your schedule/itinerary.
Ditto!
We did H&V in November for DD's birthday and had a blast.
Did Topolino's two weeks ago and we all loved it. We weren't in the best area for character viewing, but still saw them and had a great time. Food was a huge hit with my teen.

We went to both during our Christmas trip and we really enjoyed both. But if I had to pick only one, breakfast at Topolino's would be my choice. Aside from the fact we stayed at Riviera and it was very convenient, the food was delicious, character interaction was good and we just really enjoyed the atmosphere there. It's a great way to start the day. We did the Minnie's holiday dine at H&V and we had the best waitress which made for a great experience. I don't think you can go wrong with either but if you've never been to Topolino's (which it was our first time as well) then go there!

I was thinking of a HV lunch on our HS day but DH not jazzed about the menu. He’d prefer Sci-fi. Are you able to swap the sides with the entrees—say you don’t like Brussels sprouts, can you get the green beans or the stuffing from the turkey meal?

I was thinking of a HV lunch on our HS day but DH not jazzed about the menu. He’d prefer Sci-fi. Are you able to swap the sides with the entrees—say you don’t like Brussels sprouts, can you get the green beans or the stuffing from the turkey meal?
I should have asked. I didn't eat the brussel sprouts. Lol. The prime rib was really good though. Better than the SciFi burger 😁

I should have asked. I didn't eat the brussel sprouts. Lol. The prime rib was really good though. Better than the SciFi burger 😁
Thanks. The atmosphere looked cool, but I figure we can always get a burger. DH not liking the H&V price for lunch—maybe a dinner spot will pop up.

Thanks. The atmosphere looked cool, but I figure we can always get a burger. DH not liking the H&V price for lunch—maybe a dinner spot will pop up.
That’s understandable. We did sci fi for lunch and H&V for dinner. If you have a sci-fi option, take it, that’s a hard one to get later on. Then if an H&V reservation opens up for later, you can take that and cancel sci-fi...or do both! 🤣

That’s understandable. We did sci fi for lunch and H&V for dinner. If you have a sci-fi option, take it, that’s a hard one to get later on. Then if an H&V reservation opens up for later, you can take that and cancel sci-fi...or do both! 🤣
I’d like that exact combo you had, but right now I have both for lunch. H&V is at a better time, but we’ll see. Leaning (at least DH is) doing sci fi for lunch. We already have a beaches & cream for another day and thought maybe sci fi was too similar.

I’d like that exact combo you had, but right now I have both for lunch. H&V is at a better time, but we’ll see. Leaning (at least DH is) doing sci fi for lunch. We already have a beaches & cream for another day and thought maybe sci fi was too similar.
I’d keep both lunches and add an alert from touring plans to see if an H&V dinner spot opens for your day. Be sure to cancel 1 of the lunches before your day, lol. Always remember the walk up list if you’re unable to reserve what you want.

I’d keep both lunches and add an alert from touring plans to see if an H&V dinner spot opens for your day. Be sure to cancel 1 of the lunches before your day, lol. Always remember the walk up list if you’re unable to reserve what you want.

Thanks. 😀

Is the Topolinos breakfast AYCTE? The menu looks limited and portion sizes look small for my 6'4" son

Is the Topolinos breakfast AYCTE? The menu looks limited and portion sizes look small for my 6'4" son
Officially, no. Unofficially some people have been allowed to order extra entrees. Others were told that is not allowed. The pastry basket is bottomless though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter