• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Topolinos walk up?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
I have been trying for weeks to get ANYTHING for dinner for 4 for our upcoming trip with no luck. I didn't realize it was that popular! Anyways. Has anyone had luck with walk up seating?

Keep checking for a reservation. You can try walking in. With limited capacity restrictions, it is unlikely they will be able to seat youyou.

Disney is weird, they don’t like walkups
we e had folks walk up, been told no, went online, made an adr and walked back in.
keep trying for the adr
if you are there and it’s not out of the way try. Do let us know how it goes.

I *think* they were seating walk-ups in the bar area when we were there a couple of weeks ago but there is very little seating in that space and it was full by 6pm. If you're staying there, there is no harm in asking but I would guess that the are not leaving room for waitlist in the dining room.

It is a hard reservation to get, I think because it's really not that large of a space. I finally snagged one maybe 2 weeks out? We were seated almost immediately, the tables remained full the entire time we were there, and there was no one waiting. So I think they are trying really hard to seat people as soon as they arrive, to avoid a crowd gathering in that small waiting area, which means not likely holding open tables for walk-ins.

Be sure and set up a reservation finder!

While it is popular, due to the capacity allowed, it is even harder to get ADR's. Not many signature restaurants to choose from either. But I just got an ADR for California Grill at 7:40 when everything available was at 9:00 or later. That one I just checked on MDE randomly. I also put an alert on ***********.com for Topolino's and got a notification of availability which of course I booked. Good luck!

I was not sure if posting the website was allowed and since it is not showing I guess I found out it is not! I was trying to find the rules on posting websites and couldn't find anything. Sorry!

Last edited:
I have been trying for weeks to get ANYTHING for dinner for 4 for our upcoming trip with no luck. I didn't realize it was that popular! Anyways. Has anyone had luck with walk up seating?
We were there back in August and had no issue getting an ADR the day prior. A lot of ppl cancel just before the 24hr cancellation window expires so do keep an eye out as you get closer. Also check the other alert tracking sites and you can configure an alert to be sent when an adr opens up. You just have to be fast to grab it. Good luck.

There is a new feature to MDE that we used last week. You can add your name to the walk up list. There usually listed a wait time, but we were staying at the resort and was able to add our name to it. I know if the ADRs are full and the list is full, they will close the walk up list.

Keep trying especially a few days out , I just got one today for Wednesday at 8:50pm. I had the character breakfast a few weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC.
I'm at HS that day so thought it would be a nice way to end the evening and surprise my husband too.

Bump! I too have been trying to find an ADR for breakfast in December, since October, with no luck! Same with Ohanas. Any updates on walk ups ?

I'll never forget the time I went to Ohana with a friend a few years ago. The only time I could get was 10PM. We were staying at the Poly so we went at 7 to see if an earlier time were available and the woman at the front desk said no they were booked solid. So we ended up the only diners until midnight(there's only one reservation available at 10?) We had a great server and she spent a lot of time talking to us and gave us a lot of the scuttlebutt on how things were changing and not for the better so it was very interesting. Stuff like cms used to have 3 or 4 days of orientation which had been cut down to half a day. Anyway she said to us it had been a slow night. My friend and I looked at each other incredulously and noted it after we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter