Torn on FP+ at Epcot

TNickell27

If they had Butterbeer at Epcot, I'd never leave.
Paralysis by analysis is happening. My husband and I, along with one our good friends, will be at Epcot on Monday, September 11th for F&W. We have a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, so we will immediately ride Soarin' after eating. My dilemma is whether or not to FP+ TT or FEA. My husband and I have never ridden FEA, and our friend has never been to Disney World. My initial thought process was to FP+ FEA since we haven't ridden it and have ridden TT many times, but I also know that it won't be as thrilling as TT and our newbie friend will probably enjoy that ride more. My questions would be:

1) Are Mondays at Epcot in September busy enough for me to even concern myself with this?
2) If I FP+ TT, do I head immediately to FEA after Soarin' (or vice versa if I FP+ FEA?)
3) Since we are riding Soarin' first and will most likely finish near or slightly after RD, what can I expect for standby times if head directly to TT or FEA after the PPO Soarin' ride?

We FP+ FEA the last time we were there. I was disappointed in the ride, and we will probably never FP or ride it again honestly. If you are bringing a friend who's never been, I would 100% FP TT and save FEA for a future trip if the standby lines are crazy. We didn't get to ride TT as we were there during Christmas and my fiance didn't want to wait in the 2 hour line for TT, and I was even more disappointed that we chose FEA instead.

Happy planning!

Paralysis by analysis is happening. My husband and I, along with one our good friends, will be at Epcot on Monday, September 11th for F&W. We have a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill, so we will immediately ride Soarin' after eating. My dilemma is whether or not to FP+ TT or FEA. My husband and I have never ridden FEA, and our friend has never been to Disney World. My initial thought process was to FP+ FEA since we haven't ridden it and have ridden TT many times, but I also know that it won't be as thrilling as TT and our newbie friend will probably enjoy that ride more. My questions would be:

1) Are Mondays at Epcot in September busy enough for me to even concern myself with this?
2) If I FP+ TT, do I head immediately to FEA after Soarin' (or vice versa if I FP+ FEA?)
3) Since we are riding Soarin' first and will most likely finish near or slightly after RD, what can I expect for standby times if head directly to TT or FEA after the PPO Soarin' ride?
You have a couple options that are running through my head...

1) RD Soarin, go straight to FEA, FP Test Track (This is possibly what I would recommend since I actually like some of the aspects of the FEA stand-by line).
2) RD Soarin, go straight to Test Track, FP FEA
3) RD Soarin, single rider at Test Track, FP FEA (This is usually the #1 option I see people post on these boards. It just depends if you are ok with riding separately from your husband and your friend on Test Track.)

If you FP Test Track, you will get to design a car. If you do Test Track single rider, you will not get to design a car.

If you want recommendations for a 2nd and 3rd FP at EPCOT, I would recommend Mission Space and Spaceship Earth (at least in the morning).

We FP+ FEA the last time we were there. I was disappointed in the ride, and we will probably never FP or ride it again honestly. If you are bringing a friend who's never been, I would 100% FP TT and save FEA for a future trip if the standby lines are crazy. We didn't get to ride TT as we were there during Christmas and my fiance didn't want to wait in the 2 hour line for TT, and I was even more disappointed that we chose FEA instead.

Happy planning!
I was wondering what to do as well since there aren't a lot of FP+ choices initially with the tiering. Thinking seriously of passing FEA. It wasn't there the last time I went (still sad about Maelstrom being gone) but from friends that have been on it, the overwhelming consensus is to skip it because it's underwhelming and not worth it. I'm still debating on seeing for myself but i sure don't want to wait a long time for it.

I was wondering what to do as well since there aren't a lot of FP+ choices initially with the tiering. Thinking seriously of passing FEA. It wasn't there the last time I went (still sad about Maelstrom being gone) but from friends that have been on it, the overwhelming consensus is to skip it because it's underwhelming and not worth it. I'm still debating on seeing for myself but i sure don't want to wait a long time for it.

For those who have a small child who loves Frozen, I would highly recommend it. However, as adults, it was a one and done for us. I'm glad we did it once, but it's not something you have to see right away, and I'm sure crowds will be dying down eventually for it so it's a normal wait.

Sounds like you are all adults. You can single rider TT if the line is too long. I would do FEA because that line is always long. TT you can sometimes hit when the line is not awful, and if not you can all single rider.

Hi, this isn't exactly answering your question, but honestly, if it were me, I would RD Soarin', then head to TT, and then FEA, and just wait as time demands (I wouldn't think too heavy that time) and then I would FP+ Soarin' again. FEA doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me and I like Frozen. Last time we were there, I didn't even bother doing it. And TT is kind of boring to me. I like designing the car, but the ride is honestly not much more than driving on a real world highway. I think Soarin' is really the best option in EPCOT and if I were taking a friend, I'd want to give them the chance to experience it twice. Good luck!

If it was me, I would RD Soarin (do it twice with likely very little, if any wait), FP+ FEA for as early in the day as possible, then pick up TT as a 4th for later in the day. You could work through the countries and hit TT as a break from the F&W booths. Otherwise, if you want to do all of the rides before hitting the countries, then I would RD Soarin, hit TT single rider, and FP+ FOA. You'll wait more, but then the rest of the day is free for F&W.

Depending on your PPO ADR time you can probably ride Soarin and then still basically RD TT also. The wait will be manageable and if you get there late you can do single rider. Use the FPP for FEA. Not that it's better, or that anyone will like it more, but because it's a better use of the FP+ in terms of time saved.

4th FP for TT is also possible but can be treated like a bonus here.

You'll have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter