Tortola - Baths Excursions - Difference between two options

hamilton23

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the difference between the two excursions that Disney offers to the Baths. One is called Tour to Virgin Gorda and the other one is called Day at the Baths. The difference in price is over $50 per person and looks like the Day at the Baths is about an hour or two longer and includes lunch. Seems like a steep price increase for a hamburger. Please provide any information you have about either of these two excursions.

we did day at the baths, it was awesome. The lunch wasn't worth $50, but it was fine (ribs, chicken, some sides I don't remember, and a bottle water or a can of coke). Our excursion was a boat ride to virgin gorda, bus/shuttle tour on some of the coastlines, then to the Baths. AT Baths, there was a restroom for changing (I wish we would have just worn our suits under clothes), the walk down a pathway to the beach. Swam/played on boulders for 30 minutes, then took the optional hike to Devils Bay..... climbed through caves, over rocks, through pools... kids loved it.. backpacks and water shoes ideal for this part. The water at Devils Bay was the best ever, our family loved swimming there, for an hour or so. Then we walked back to the Baths area (easy trail) and ate lunch at the resturant area there.

We are on the May 7th re-po cruise with a stop in Tortola, there was not an option for "The Baths" excursion. I was going nuts looking for it after a few minutes I found "Tour to Virgin Gorda".
This is one of the excursions I have been looking forward to the most.

Not to be a downer, but we did the Tour to Virgin Gorda thru Disney last year. I was SO looking forward to it. While I wasn't "disappointed", I wouldn't do it again - once was enough. I wouldn't spend the extra money. Go do it, but do it as cheap as you can. Be aware that if there are other groups coming back thru the "caves", you might have to wait a long time before you get anywhere. This happened to us and there were not a lot of happy people. The head of the tour, in our opinion, did not do a good job in arranging access thru the caves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter