Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

The frustration is out of control. Guests having to wait for hours just to have a question answered!
I experienced this a couple weeks ago.... I finally got someone on the line after multiple calls over the course of a week and then 2 1/2 hour wait. I was to the point of wanting to cancel the trip and head to Universal! I also expressed this to the cast member.... she tried to be understanding but I could also hear the frustration in her voice. She actually was super great!
I did end up emailing guest services regarding my experience and have not heard back yet.
But....
I am really tired of all the excuses.... They simply need to get someone in there that can handle the limited staffing and multiple issues created by everything we have been through.
There is not some magical thing going to happen that will increase the staff. They need to figure out how to work smarter!

Disney has the resources to figure this out... they are just getting lazy and want to use excuses instead of fixing things!
First..... FIX the Disney web site! FIX My Disney Experience!! so that it can handle everything it is supposed to do without crashing every 20 minutes!
Second .... Move the staff around to cover the areas that need the most help! Get smart about staffing!!

I also work for a company that is "short-staffed" but we no longer call it that!! and will not use that as an excuse. This is the new normal for staffing companies that such as retail and food service. You need to be smart about where to put your people! You need to take care of your customers!
They really need to question some of what they do! We have all seen it in the parks! Do they really need to have 8 people holding a rope to each land at MK?? They need half that! They can take 4 of those cast members and train them to answer the phone.... or better yet.... Drive the trams in the parking lot!!!
Some of the things they do are just ridiculous....

The leadership has gone down.... The decisions they are making don't make sense.
Everyone needs to email Disney and express the frustrations!

Sorry.... didn't mean to rant and I guess I got carried away... still frustrated!

“Disney has the resources to figure this out... they are just getting lazy and want to use excuses instead of fixing things!”

I feel like Disney and many other companies are using “staffing issues” as an excuse to boost profits. Supply and demand works both ways. Right now workers are in shorter supply so pay more if you want to supply a quality experience.

Yesterday afternoon, about 4:30 EST I called WDW, 5 minute wait. Wow. Then I called DL about a trip there, no wait at all! Got connected right away. 2 easy calls that I thought would each take over an hour.

3 hours last week! I needed to get my ticket date changed - accidentally booked for this week so was very anxious £2200 up in smoke. Happily they changed it. Disney music might trigger me for a while :)

Just waited 1 1/2 hours to talk to someone about our April 2020 tickets (Cancelled Covid trip- Disney was closed) which were no longer linked to MY Disney Experience because they expired in September 2021. I wanted to apply to them for an upcoming trip in March 2022. Because the tickets expired in September, it would have been another 2+ hour wait to talk to someone in ticketing because of the difference in ticket pricing. UGH! Will have to go through this all again another day as I have an early morning wakeup!
I agree. I called Universal and got a HUMAN BEING on the first try, with no waiting. I will be staying at one of their
Next they will be selling a skip the call wait line :( there will be a recording to enter your credit card information for a Lightning Hold.
Disney should expand their internet options if they don't have enough staff for the call center
😆 🤣 😂
hotels in the near future, instead of wdw.

I just called to see about attaching an AP discount to an existing reservation and was on hold for maybe 2 minutes. It was 9:45 pm CST. Good luck everyone.

I just called to see about attaching an AP discount to an existing reservation and was on hold for maybe 2 minutes. It was 9:45 pm CST. Good luck everyone.
I called last night around the same time as well. I don’t even think I waited two minutes. I did the prompts to say what I needed, got the “did you know that most things can be done online” spiel, and someone picked up. I was quite shocked. My issues was solved, and I was off the phone in a total of 7 minutes, which included some small talk.

I called Saturday morning to pay the balance on our room, waited about 20 minutes.

Total time spent trying to get through to someone at Customer Service / Guest Relations ---- 64 hours. Didn't try today. Spent 3 hours on hold on Friday.

Still trying.

Emailed twice back in early December. No response.

Amazing that I get through to Universal Studios right away without issue. My love for Disney is fading a bit.

I called this morning to pay off my room balance with a gc so I wouldn't forget to do it when we get there and I want to go straight to our room without waiting at the check-in line. Total time on phone with wait time and time spent talking with CM, 25 min.

I left my phone # and they called back a couple of hours later. I would suggest trying that before waiting on hold for 2+ hours

I called Universal and got pricing for 3 different hotels and the entire call lasted less than 6 minutes. That was the final encouragement we needed to decide for 2023 to stay at a Universal resort.

Yesterday afternoon, about 4:30 EST I called WDW, 5 minute wait. Wow. Then I called DL about a trip there, no wait at all! Got connected right away. 2 easy calls that I thought would each take over an hour.

Same for me, called yesterday and waited about 12 minutes. Maybe the situation is finally improving?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter