• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Totally Objective and Scientific Poll: Which is better - monorail or skyliner?

Which is better?

• Monorail

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • Skyline

Votes: 99 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skyliner. I find they don't stuff the Skyliner cabs as full of people as they do the monorail trains. Far less likely to enjoy eau de Disney courtesy of a sweaty stranger on the Skyliner.
this Eau de Disney comment is exactly why we do not even consider WDW in the summer! I mean like EVER! Xmas after Dec. 14th either. and now with lines being so crazy we may expand those dates, LOL.

Let’s settle the question of which is better in a completely objective fashion. Once the poll is done, any of us will be able to casually dismiss someone’s wrong opinion by simply stating “Excuse me, actually you are in error, the __________ is better” and referencing this poll. This will of course foster improved comradery as the previously ignorant person will see his mistake, and thank you for correcting them on the issue.
I think it depends on where I am, and time of day, and weather. If it's windy, not doing that hang from the sky thing, LOL But that's my thing. If we are staying at Old Key west or Saratoga springs, we drive to parks as we always have our car, and buses for those two places are never well timed. On the other hand, we always take bus to Disney Springs because the walk from parking is a killer for me. The bus lets you off right in front of the place. as far as sky liner, we have a lot of storms here in summer and sept. If I wanted to ride the bus I would have chosen that to begin with so I won't be using the skyline much, besides, seeing the back of buildings and warehouses kind of ruins the magic for the kids.

I voted Monorail I am a BLT person. Both are great though, took a spin on Skyliner for no reason to check it out. Maybe its in another post, but speaking of Monorail, any word on the new trains?

It’s all over, and it has been scientifically and objectively proven that the Skyliner is better than the Monorail! You may not like that (I certainly don’t - being a monorail fan boy and all :(), but it is an undeniable truth now. If you think differently, well then you are just plain wrong. This proves it. :p

What are the ramifications of this tremendous revelation? Will VGF sales plummet? Are we going to see Riviera direct point prices shoot up to 300 plus dollars? One can only speculate right now, but I expect big changes afoot!

It’s all over, and it has been scientifically and objectively proven that the Skyliner is better than the Monorail! You may not like that (I certainly don’t - being a monorail fan boy and all :(), but it is an undeniable truth now. If you think differently, well then you are just plain wrong. This proves it. :p

What are the ramifications of this tremendous revelation? Will VGF sales plummet? Are we going to see Riviera direct point prices shoot up to 300 plus dollars? One can only speculate right now, but I expect big changes afoot!
Nope, not buying it. Disboards switched Monorail votes to Skywire or whatever its called. Not a fair vote. I know Thanos was behind this. Is that you Thanos behind your new screen name?

Last edited:

Hey folks, remember that this is a scientific poll. Some guidelines to consider...

Try to avoid emotional and subjective thoughts when you pick such as:
  • I like the skyliner better than the monorail – You are free to think that, but there is no empirical data to back up this statement.
Instead try to stick to factual, verifiable evidence when you make a selection. For example:
  • The monorail connects all the best resorts to the best theme park (MK)
  • Everyone loves the monorail
  • The monorail is classic WDW transportation. It’s just the best, period.
And yet you're putting this survey out to a group of sentimental people who spent a lot of money on a timeshare that gives them emotional satisfaction. Just sayin!

I prefer the monorail because it connects MK and Epcot. We need two ECV’s now and being able to access those parks without busses is more important then Epcot and Studios for US.

I prefer the monorail because it connects MK and Epcot. We need two ECV’s now and being able to access those parks without busses is more important then Epcot and Studios for US.
So I'm curious- if you use the skyliner to go anywhere, can they fit 2 ECVs in one car, or do you and DH have to ride in separate cars? I can't imagine how they'd fit two ECVs in one car.

We’re at double stroller age and no question - we prefer the Skyliner. With a double stroller we’ve always gotten our own gondola, but it’s a huge pain trying to squeeze onto a crowded monorail with a double stroller. We either make it on and sometimes get dirty looks, or there’s not enough room and we have to wait for the next one. We own at VGF and at busy times I’d rather do the walk now that it’s an option. Also, I much prefer Epcot and HS to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter