Tough Day.

FayeW

DIS Veteran
Well, this has certainly been a tough day, and it is over yet. We drove to Trenton last night to put DH on a plane to Afghanistan this morning, he's gone for 6 months. He goes away frequently, however he is not in a position that is generally deployed for extended periods. This is his second trip to Afghanistan ( last summer he went for a month) and the third time he has been deployed as a direct result of September 11th. This time he is going to Kabul, which, you may have noticed, is frequently in the news with suicide bombers, car bombs etc. We are all used to him going away, but this time it's different. I'm just trying to focus on our trip to Florida when he returns in Feb., I keep thinking that as long as I make the plans everything will be o.k. So far I have hotel booked at the airport before we leave, one night at HRH for FOTL access, and just received my 5 day bonus pass tickets to Universal/IOA/CW today via UPS. I only ordered them Sunday on the internet through the mousesavers link. I used my MC and got 5 for the price of 4! (I'll put one aside so I can talk him into another trip sometime) See, I'm optimistic!
When I got home I had a message from my mother, that my brother (43 in 3 weeks) had to to in for emergency angioplasty to clear 2 blocked arteries. As far as I know, he is still in surgery.This is a very stressful day.

I can only imagine how tough this must be for you Faye...{{{hugs}}} my thoughts and prayers are with you. It's a small consolation/distraction but at least you do have a trip to the most Magical Place on Earth to plan and look forward to. Just keep reading these boards and for moments at least, you'll forget anything else exists (well almost). ;)

It must be so hard to see him go for such an extended period. I will keep in him my thoughts and prayers and am sending lots of Pixie Dust your way.

Lots of pixie dust to you. Hopefully the time will fly between now and February. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Faye, lots of pixie dust, good thoughts, and prayers, that your DH returns home to you safe and sound, and that your DB is soon feeling much better. A {{{{ Hug }}}} for you, for comfort and strength.

:)

Faye - hang in there. I will send prayers and PD your way for everyone in your family. Take life one second at a time and we'll be thinking about you. Take Care Jo

Faye {{{{HUGS}}}
sometimes we do indeed need to take one day at a time. continue to enjoy making your plans for your next trip. sending lots of prayers for your dh and db.
{{{HUGS}}}
kathe

Everyone, thank you so much for your kind words, they really do make me feel better. My brother's surgery was successful, and I'm sure that her will be feeling much better now that the blockages have been removed.

I don't mean to whine about my DH, we are a military family and he goes away (very) frequently, so we are all pretty self reliant. I am just more anxious this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter