Touring Plan?

sablebomb

Mouseketeer
I've heard good things about it.

Those who have used it, would you recommend?
First trip so can use all the help we can get!! :):earboy2::earboy2:

We're WDW vets but we still subscribe. It's helpful and it's fun to play around with the plans, I'd certainly recommend it for a first timer.:earsboy:

Yup, we used it. The app has a few quirks (or I didn't figure out how to do some of the things I wanted to do), but overall it's an excellent website/app.

I love TPs. I have been using them for years. We don't use the TPs as much anymore, but they are fun. I love the crowd calendar, the room finder, and the dining reservation finder.

We had our first trip in December, and I loved TP. Highly recommend for creating touring plans, finding ADRs, making room requests, the Lines app, etc.

Also a huge fan of TP here. Having the app available when you're in the parks for some looks at line trends and the rest is invaluable. Much easier to use than the Disney app, even if you believe the Disney posted wait times are accurate.

Absolutely worth while! We usually create a plan for less waiting. However, when I was recovering from ACL reconstruction, we used the "less walking" option. Awesome tool. In fact, i think I'll make a few plans now!

Definitely helpful, especially for a first time visitor. In addition to everything pps said, putting together a plan helps you know realistically how much you can reasonably fit in a day. It gives you walking time and time on the rides (in addition to wait times) and suggests rides to FP. Definitely worth the small price.

Thanks all for the great feedback!
So, knowing you make ADR's 180 days in advance and start booking FP's 30 days ahead, I assume you can start using this app to help with these once you have your dates for the trip?
Example, I have my dates now. I know when we are going and I know roughly which days we want to spend at the parks. Will this app/website help now with planning at 8 months to go!??

Will this app/website help now with planning at 8 months to go!??
I found it did for me as I was planning our first trip & had no idea how long it would take to walk from one ride to another, how long wait times could be (with & without fast passes, etc.), what time the parks would open/close, what happens during party nights, etc.

Prior to the 180d mark, I started mapping out what TS/QS restaurants we wanted to eat at, what rides we wanted, and then tried mapping out a plan that was feasible. From there, I used the TPs to plan our ADRs and preferred times (& also had backups times/days).

When we booked our ADRs at the 180d mark, we didn’t get all the time slots/TS we wanted, so I created alternative TPs (@ the same time I used the TP reservation finder to get what we wanted - which we eventually did!).

Then we did the same thing at the 60d mark to book our FPs.

After that, & we got our FPs that we wanted (FOP!!!) and made our last minute adjustments, I made myself not adjust our TPs anymore! It’s very easy to keep looking and moving things!!!

But I will also add, use TP in conjunction with other sites, Eg, DIS boards, easywdw, Kenny, etc. There’s a lot of valuable info to help make your trip easier.

I’m not sure if what I did was extreme or not (my husband said it was when o was doing it!), but the planning made our first trip so seamless & easy, & even my husband acknowledged during and after our trip that the reason why we had a great time was due to the planning and our TPs! :cool1:

Yes, it would be helpful at 8 months to go. Things might change (park hours/crowd predictions), but it still would be helpful.

I just used TP to reorganize one of my MK mornings. They just extended park hours (I already have my FPs booked). I did not think my current plan was the best option. I optimized and realized I should shuffled some things around. Dropped a FP for a different one.

I would never go to Disney without using touring plans. We've always had great Disney vacations and I think Touring Plans is a major reason.

I was wondering myself if TP is worth it. I've been to Disney World 10ish times and have found so much help on the Dis, but I'm by no means an expert. What all can you do on Touring Plans? Thanks for the tips.

I was wondering myself if TP is worth it. I've been to Disney World 10ish times and have found so much help on the Dis, but I'm by no means an expert. What all can you do on Touring Plans? Thanks for the tips.
I've only been surfing around the site since yesterday but it has crowd calendars so you have an idea what the crowds will be like on any given day at the parks. It gives you access to all of their Touring Plans (and breaks it down by type of guests/family who are going). It also lets you build your own customized touring plan based on what you want to do and which restaurants you want to visit (and then it will move what you want to do around so it is the most efficient).
Gives you a breakdown on all of the dining (similar to what is on different sites) with menus, prices, ratings, etc.
And what I'm most excited about is the Line app you can put on your phone that will tell you the wait times (which I've heard is VERY accurate).

I have been a subscriber since August 2010. I just spent the morning tweaking plans for October 19-26. I have a master spreadsheet as a guideline for each day's touring plan. Since you need to make plans by park, I have some days with two plans for hopping. The plans can be made up to year in advance. If you "track" a day on the Crowd calendar, you will receive notifications of changes. If you are unsure of what park what day, you can make alternates. Make as many as you want. Such as: Plan A, B, C etc. for MK or MK Tues, Wed and Thursday or whatever, then compare. Delete the ones that don't work well. It's easy and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter