Touring Plans and a Disney Cruise?

elemeht

Earning My Ears
We've used (and HIGHLY recommend) touring plans for WDW. They've saved us untold amounts of time and gotten us hard to get dinner reservations.

But they have a plan for DCL... :confused: what can they really offer there?

For $8 I may just get it and try it out since I love them for WDW, but I was wondering if anyone had already tried them.

Other than historical cruise pricing lookup (which I think is behind the paywall, but I'm not certain), it's basically just the sort of stuff you'd find in any of their Unofficial Guides and it isn't always as detailed as those. There's nothing in it that you can't find for free if you search through this message board, so you're paying for the convenience of having much of the information you'll need already collected and organized for you. $8 isn't much, so if that's worthwhile for you, go for it.

About the only value I got from the TP cruise membership was to be able to get a reminder when it was time to check in. However, I think there's info or ports and other stuff on the paid site. I didn't use it, because I'd bought the Unofficial DCL touring book they have. So, for me, it wasn't worth the membership cost.

I totally agree with purchasing the membership for WDW. Invaluable, for sure.

I suggest checking your library for the book. I found the WDW ones there and didn't have to purchase them.

I think that, for DCL, you can probably find enough information here and elsewhere that you don’t have to get the TP package. But what it would likely do for you is consolidate the info onto one site. Which is not a bad thing!

I loved reading the OAG when I was planning my first few WDW trips. I didn't need it for DCL, although I saw it was available and was tempted for a minute. I was able to find out what I needed to know online here. DCL doesn't require the level of planning that WDW does.

That's kinda what I thought. We're going through a vacation planner for the cruise anyway so any insight they could offer I'm probably alreaya getting.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I looked at Touring Plans for DCL once. Didn't really see the point. The port reviews and port adventure reviews aren't that up to date since Disney switches things around, and you don't really need touring plans for the ships or the ports. Indeed, each person's interest is so different you really can't offer one. Better to just ask questions and read Trip Advisor.

And I"m a huge fan of TouringPlans for the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter