Touring plans and which half day?

elfling8

Mouseketeer
We are going during April vacation (April 17-Easter Sunday) and I know it will be pretty busy. DH and I haven't been since before WWHP - I believe Seuss land was being built last time we went and none of the newer hotels. DD16 and DS14 have never been. We have the buy 2 get 2 promotion, arrive Wed at the airport at 2pm, and flight departs Sunday 8pm.

My initial thought is to not go to a park arrival day, get our bearings, explore our resort CBBR, pool, etc. Thurs and Fri use early hours and a touring plan. I have the unofficial guide book and am trying to decide between doing the full day touring plan for each park, or the two day two park touring plan. Anyone have experience with either plan?

Sat more relaxed and see anything we want to revisit or lines were too long. Half park day on Sunday (assuming we can check out and leave bags at the desk?) before we leave to ride favorites or just wander around WWHP. We could hit the park the day we arrive and relax in the pool the day we leave instead. Thoughts?

Can't wait to introduce the kids to the Mummy ride, it was our favorite!!! And DD and I are dying to get to all things HP. DH and I will be riding Dr Doom multiple times without the kids our other favorite last visit - ones afraid of heights and the other hates belly drops. LOL

Hi! Are you not interested in Volcano Bay? We had so much fun there and being at CBBR it will be right next to you! If you threw that in the mix you could go to a park every day.

But assuming not then I would go on check out day since you have almost a whole day to kill. 2pm is a fairly late arrival so I think swimming and exploring the resort is just fine.

I can't help with the touring plans. We always had EPs so we didn't bother with them. Can you swing express passes for one day of the trip?

Hi! Are you not interested in Volcano Bay? We had so much fun there and being at CBBR it will be right next to you!
Can you swing express passes for one day of the trip?

Thanks for the response :) If we come up with a little extra $ we may spring for the express passes for our third day if the waits are too long. When DH and I went we stayed at Hard Rock and loved it and the EP. It does seem like a shame not to go to VB while we are right there, but no one is a big water park fan, and we came in really close to budget so not a high priority. The AAA travel agent I worked with was awesome! Everything flight wise I was looking at that week put us $1k over budget. She was seeing the same, but then she found us direct flights on Southwest with those awesome times and $200 less per person :) Was hoping to do one of the hotels with EP but being a busy week that was almost $1k more than CBBR too. We'll just have to wake up early and get the big stuff ridden first, maybe a pool break in the afternoon and back in the evening.

I have taken printed touring plans but they were for a 3 out of 10 crowd and I really didn't need them. On top of that I hate bouncing around a park, I take things in the order that I encounter them, so IOA was going to be "do the loop" no matter what the lines. True, it will be crowded when you go so one day of Ep would be worth it. But you do have enough time to do everything you want. I do like you are suggesting, spend the first day getting bearings - but not always at the resort. Sometimes I use that first day (late arrival) to get park bearings too. Wander around, go on a ride or two if the lines are decent. But knowing you'll be back to hit what you miss that first day.
So finally,m after a lot of blab, here's my advice. Work up a touring plan because of the business and then chuck it when you get there is it's burdensome. I prefer 1 park 1 day plans. One of them will include a Hogwarts Express ride but then I turn around and take it right back to the park I started at.

Thanks. I am starting to lean the 1 park 1 day, maybe saving the Hogwarts Express for the end of the first day. The way we have done Disney is commando style a plan for the big rides at early access and opening, then after lunch wing it. Might depend on how long it takes us to get from airport to hotel too.

The touring plans people have shared here have been really illogical. As pp said, they have you bouncing all over the place. Standard theme park advice applies- hit your must dos at opening (like you were planning) and work from the back of the park. Really though, just get the wait time app to best plan at the moment. It'll be more useful than a TP based on historical info. :) Book end your days in Harry Potter as it's less crowded then.

Book end your days in Harry Potter as it's less crowded then.
Thanks. Am thinking more and more to use the plans as guidelines as to what will be busiest and make our own plans accordingly. We have people in the party who will not ride different rides - ie DS not a rollercoaster fan, me - migraine associated vertigo so a lot of the simulator rides would be a big gamble and spinnies are a no go. We will take advantage of early hours for HP for sure, and can't imagine not being there to see it at night as well :)

Update - we decided to spring for a hotel upgrade for the EP and are now staying at RPR. Woo hoo!!! With 3 1/2 park days, I don't think we'll need to do much at all in the way of touring plans :)

Update - we decided to spring for a hotel upgrade for the EP and are now staying at RPR. Woo hoo!!! With 3 1/2 park days, I don't think we'll need to do much at all in the way of touring plans :)

You won't regret it plus all your need for a touring plan has been taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter