• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Touring Plans lowered crowds for my trip - end of Spring Break 3/31/12???

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I just got an email from Touring Plans saying that the crowds are predicted lower than previously thought for April 2, 3, 4 and 5. Going to their website, it shows that Spring Break Season Ends on March 31st.

Is this correct?! I can't understand why it would say that, but I hope it's true!! We haven't been to DL, but that would NOT be the case for WDW!

They are completely wrong! The week before and after Easter (which is April 8) are the BUSIEST spring break weeks. I honestly don't know why TP would suggest otherwise.

They are completely wrong! The week before and after Easter (which is April 8) are the BUSIEST spring break weeks. I honestly don't know why TP would suggest otherwise.

Ditto. Touring Plans is notoriously wrong and here is just another glaring example.

They have been wrong the last 3 trips we took to WDW. I dont know how accurate they are with DL. They had our week all 9-10 last year. It was NOT busy at ALL. Really wish people would stop paying these people.

I agree that the weeks prior to Easter and after are busy. We went last year, the week after spring break ended, and the crowds were low, especially during Tuesday-Thursday.

For WDW, I like Tour Guide Mike's site. He'll give a crowd prediction and explain why he gave that rating . I only wish he had a DL site as well!

I just sent TP an email asking them to explain this email information I received. I wonder what response I will get. ;)

I noticed when we booked our trip that TP had the last week of March mostly 10's, and then the first two weeks of April (which would be the weeks right around Easter) significantly lower - 4s and 6s on the weekdays. I'm expecting them to be wrong. Even with some of the APs blocked out, I don't see how they can say Spring Break season 'ends' March 31st, when Easter isn't until April 8th.

We shall see!

Well, I know that our school calendar, that is the same for absolutely every school, public or private, in the country, has 2 weeks vacation from april 1st to the 14th.

Ohh my, I had no idea I booked our trip during Easter. I imagine the parks will be packed.

I would not believe it.
Do a quick Google search. LAUSD has Spring Break the 2-6.
Here in Ventura our Spring Break is the same week.

A few years back when we went to WDW Touring Plans was amazing. Last year i bought the Disneyland version, just because it was discounted since I was already buying the WDW. I wouldn't buy them again. I honestly think they go off of statistical data or even outdated historical data, because they were way off.
The one thing that threw me over the edge is the utter lack of touring plans for DLR. On the WDW side of the website, there are a touring plans for every imaginable scenario. There isn't a hopper plan, or the half-day plans like WDW has- which is how MOST people tour DL and DCA.

I would not believe it.
Do a quick Google search. LAUSD has Spring Break the 2-6.
Here in Ventura our Spring Break is the same week.

A few years back when we went to WDW Touring Plans was amazing. Last year i bought the Disneyland version, just because it was discounted since I was already buying the WDW. I wouldn't buy them again. I honestly think they go off of statistical data or even outdated historical data, because they were way off.
The one thing that threw me over the edge is the utter lack of touring plans for DLR. On the WDW side of the website, there are a touring plans for every imaginable scenario. There isn't a hopper plan, or the half-day plans like WDW has- which is how MOST people tour DL and DCA.

I would NEVER pay for TP for Disneyland, and after one trip to WDW I'd never do if for WDW again either. There are now free crowd sites that well reflect crowd levels for WDW.

Here most of the schools are off the week before Easter, and not the week after, and the district next to ours is the week before that - so the last full week of March. We are in Catholic school, so we actually have Easter week off - but there are no park district programs for the kids, because those all go with the public school schedule. Which, is why we end up on vacation that week.

Well, I know that our school calendar, that is the same for absolutely every school, public or private, in the country, has 2 weeks vacation from april 1st to the 14th.

Our Spring Break is March 26 for one week and then Good Friday off. Many schools similar but not all the same, here in Florida. If you look at the polls on when Disboards members who have voted have spring break, you will find everyone is NOT all the same.

This is why it would seem even stranger that suddenly the crowds disappear?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter