Touringplans vs Ridemax?

mshrm

Mouseketeer
My dilemma is that Ive used them both in the past but at Disneyland.

Ridemax has always been on the minute and I have used them for many years (at Disneyland). Ive tried the free personalized planning tool at touringplans.com on my last two trips to Disneyland and though the touring was ok it was not as spot on as ridemax had been in the past.

This year were planning on going to WDW and was wondering if anyone had tried both plans in Florida and what the difference was and if they had any recommendations.

Years ago, I subscribed to both in Florida. I found Touring Plans to be far superior at that time, so I never subscribed to Ridemax again. I always have a WDW touring plans subscription active. I'm not saying Ridemax hasn't improved since I had it, and it has been a really long time, but I have been so satisfied with Touring Plans that I just never explored anything else.

I’m skeptical that any touring plan could be on the minute. IMO that’s expecting a lot of a forecasting tool. I have used TP the last 3 years. It’s very good but not on the minute. It will be wrong sometimes. I have heard of Ridemax but it is not mentioned here nearly as often. TP is typically mentioned in several active threads. That doesn’t mean that Ridemax isn’t good or even better but it doesn’t have the following that TP has.

Edited to add that if you do use TP be sure to hit Evaluate on your plans the night before or morning of to get the most up to date times. You can also hit Evaluate while in the park if you get behind. You can also hit Optimize in the park to have it determine if the order is still the best one - if you are ok with it scrambling your plan. Some people are and love it (I am not ok with it since I customize from the order it suggests for me).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter