• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

towels and masks @ water parks?

paigemitchell859

Earning My Ears
Can you bring towels from your resort to the water parks? I wasn't planning on packing beach towels and I'd rather not rent them. Should a 9 year old child bring their own mask to the Shark Reef at Typhoon Lagoon? I've read there is only one size available.

We often take towels from Beach Club pool where we stay without difficulty. And yes we always bring them back!! We also bring our own goggles so no trouble, although don't know about Shark Reef. You can rent a locker to put all your goodies in.

I think you have to use their masks for the Shark Reef. It has been awhile since I have done it, water is pretty cold, but I believe you can't use your own equipment.

Our children have not had any issues with the masks at the shark reef, and yes you do have to use theirs. And yes you can bring your own towels! Enjoy

Masks and goggles aren't allowed in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

ETA: but I see you weren't asking about the wave pool. Lol.

We rented towels. I didn't want to sneak the pool towels out and schlep the wet ones back. Easier to just pay the $12 for the six of us.

Lol. That's kind of why I was asking. Will I be "sneaking" the resort towels to the water park? If that's the case, I'll just rent some.
Thanks for the replies.

Renting the towels was alot easier for the three of us when we went. (they are super clean, too btw ;) )

Masks and goggles aren't allowed in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

ETA: but I see you weren't asking about the wave pool. Lol.

We rented towels. I didn't want to sneak the pool towels out and schlep the wet ones back. Easier to just pay the $12 for the six of us.

I used goggles without any issues over 4 visits to TL in the big wave pool. They do get knocked off with every big wave so I grab them quick. It helps to tuck the band under my long hair. I prefer it with goggles.

As for towels, no sneaking necessary. I used the resort ones.

My kids were told by lifeguards that no goggles were allowed. No other swimmers were wearing them on the day we visited.

We were just there 3 weeks ago, and did Shark Reef for the first time this trip. There are two sizes of masks/snorkels that they loan you (free). There is an adult size and then a child's size. We had to wait about 10 minutes because there were no child sized masks/snorkels that were clean when we wanted to go around 3pm (I think Shark Reef closed at 4pm that day, which was one hour earlier than TL closed, so be careful that you don't miss it by waiting too long in the day). The adult mask would have been too big and leaked on my 7 year old. My 9 year old was riding big slides with Daddy and didn't do Shark Reef. We liked it ok, but I have been snorkeling so many wonderful places in the world, it was not terribly exciting for me. Wish I would have had my daughter practice using a snorkel in the pool at home prior to this, as they give you a 5 second instructional talk and then off you go! She was a little unsure of what to do, and you can't stop and discuss it in the Reef as they want you to keep moving. So I don't think she saw too much of the underwater animals because she was trying to figure out how to breath with the snorkel, adjust the mask, etc.

My kids were told by lifeguards that no goggles were allowed. No other swimmers were wearing them on the day we visited.

That stinks...I wear contacts and much prefer to swim with my goggles and it will be very hard for me to swim to the far end of the wave pool to attempt to ride the big wave in (not that ever manage it, but it sure is fun to try!).

Maybe they were having trouble with missing goggles? They did get knocked off very easily by the waves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter