• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TownePlace Suites Marriott or Embassy Suites North?

RIFamily

Earning My Ears
Help if you can ... we are visiting So. Cal. in the summer for 10 days with three teenagers. We have reservations right now at both of these hotels (suites) for about the same price. Could anyone recommend one of these hotels over the other? We need space and also want a hotel that is clean and nice. We like the breakfast idea at Embassy but at TownePlace we have a 2 bedroom suite which I think will be bigger than the one bedroom suite at Embassy. Does anyone know anything about cleaniness, decor, convenience, etc. I appreciate any help you can give! Thanks ... :wave2:

I don't exactly know which Embassy Suites you've made reservations at, but if it's the one on East Frontera, I suggest that you choose elsewhere. They say that they're close to Disneyland, but when we stayed there, it was about a 15-20 minute ride on their shuttle through city streets to get to the DLR shuttle drop off/pickup area. It was also a pain to have to stop and call the hotel during our time at Disneyland to request the shuttle to return to the DLR for pickup since they don't make regular shuttle trips. We stayed there about five years ago, and at that time, we were extremely disappointed in the cleanliness of the hotel room. The carpets were so dirty that my white socks turned dark gray. It was gross.

Since our stay, they've built another Embassy Suites on Harbor Boulevard in Garden Grove which is so much closer to the DLR and while I haven't stayed there, I've heard nice things about it. I don't think they have their own shuttle, but there is an Anaheim Rapid Transit (ART) Shuttle stop nearby. You can ride (unlimited times) the ART for $3/day and they make regular stops.

Just my two cents. Have a great time!

That's surprising ... it seems so nice on the website. It is the one on East Frontera. Did they have to koi pond then as well? Does anyone know anything about the TownePlace Suites???

THANKS! :wave:

My 4 kids and I have stayed at the Towne Place Suites at leat 10-15 times. The cost is great and I get my own room. The two rooms are great and the sofa sleeps my twin girls. We always went down to the Albertsons and got breakfast stuff and ate in the room as we got ready. The kids loved it. We also had 3 TV's so that made my life easy when it was bed time. There is only one bath, so I rotated kids some shower am others pm. Works fine for us. It is well kept and you can pay for additional room cleaning if you need it. Only one time we had ants, but I've had that happen in 4 star hotels. This will be the first time for us staying on site as we joined DVC. Oh, also, ask for the top floor. Sometimes kids run through the halls and it's bothersome if you are on the lower level. Have fun! :cool1:

Another 2-room suite - kids suite, close to the Embassy Suites Garden Grove (Harbor Blvd) is Residence Inn. It's across the street from Target, and the ART services that hotel, too. Another one I like is Residence Inn-Maingate.

Happy Planning.

Since someone mentioned Embassy Suites South.. I will post.. We got back on the 23rd from there
Awsome Service, clean rooms. Nice outdoor pool (a little chilly for really little'uns but they loved it anyway), nice size hottub. open at 7.. I think closes at 11pm?
Continental breakfast set out at 4am!
Full service Complimentary breakfast at 6am
Most shuttles start at 7am.. but on EE I know it was 6:30.
They run quickly and smoothly I loved the shuttle! I used to hate them..
But they have it down.. every 20 min
They enlist multiple shuttles if they need to.
The hide-a-bed is a little rough for adults with sensitive backs, but we set the matteress on the floor and grandpa was fine ;).
At the breakfast I always grabbed a bagel and jam, and a couple apples or an orange for lunch, and filled a sippy cup for DS (3 1/2) with apple juice.

Oh and yes.. lots of Healthy Koi... AND a turtle ;).. say hi if you stop by.. my niece even named him LOL

Oh and it is serviced by the K shuttle. It does pickup at others if it is slow, but at night it never stopped on the way to the park, or back from the park. So the hotel did have its "own" shuttle.
The stop for the ART is close to the door of the hotel.. I would say about 15ft or so. I carried my son a couple times when he had fallen asleep and it was fine.
There are benches you can sit on to wait for it.. or if bad weather you could just wait inside. :)

Thanks for your input. I can't seem to get the same rate at the Embassy Suites South that I can get at North. I guess that must just be the proximity to Disneyland. We are staying 10 nights but only doing 3 days at Disney so I wasn't so hung up on being very close to Disney. I am still not sure what to do ... lol The Residence Inn Maingate had a good rate too but it was not "non-smoking" and I don't think I could tolerate the smoke smell! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter