Toy Story Character Meal Campaign

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
So many people express interest in a Toy Story Character Meal I was wondering if we tried to start a email/letter writing campaign if the Disney people would listen. I was told the Head of WDW Dining is George Calabrese. His address is Guest Communications Walt Disney World PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
I plan on pointing out MGM has no character meal . I also plan on pointing out that as a mother of 3 boys I'm unhappy that Disney has forgotten them. There are no boy character meals and this is a huge untapped audience. Plus many girls are also Toy STory fans. I think the response would be tremendous. I am going to write a letter because my logic is its harder to ignore a physical letter that is dropped on your desk. An e mail you could just delete without reading. Will anyone else join me and write a letter?? Thanks.

HI Twinglemom and all,

A BIG YES!!! I realized too a couple of months ago that there was no character meal with the Toy Story gang. How disappointing! I'm and my husband and my kids are huge fans of the Toy Story.

A Toy Story character meal in Planet Pizza atomsphere in MGM would be a great idea! Please post back the email address for my mailing.

Can't wait for the next Toy Story 3 movie!

This topic has been a going around for a while.

There was a CM who was a suypervisor/trainer for characters posted on a number of threads that the reason there are no Buzz or Woody character breakfasts is that the characters were too big and not very manuerverable(sp). Actuall I think he said cloddy.

I don't think the fact that the characters are "cloddy" should nx this idea. There are so many lovable characters- Jesse, Bullseye, stinky Pete, the Little Green Men, slinky dog , Bo Peep etc. Kids wouldn't care. And with Disney's talent pool I'm sure they could improve Buzz and Woody's costumes. I just think if Disney gets flooded with letters and sees an opportunity to make a profit and keep us happy, they'll do it. Sqeaky wheel syndrome. Hey, if we don't ask, they'll never know we want it.Can't hurt.

I was thinking of posting this same suggestion!! As for the characters being too "cloddy", I can see where it would be difficult for Buzz to move around the tables but why couldn't he be outside the entrance to the restaurant like the Fairy Godmother is at 1900 Park Faire or the throne at Cinderella Castle. He could "stamp" his autograph like he does at MGM but I see no reason why Woody needs to stamp an autograph. I don't see how Woody would be more difficult to manuver than Pooh. And if they were really against Toy Story, how about Peter Pan? You could have Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and maybe even some lost boys. None of them are cloddy

What great ideas. I would love to see a Toy Story or Peter Pan character meal! It seems like all the restaurants have the same characters. I know those are probably the most popular ones, but it would be nice to see some new faces. We get tired of seeing chip, dale, goofy, etc. at every meal.

Count me in! My DS-6 would absolutely LOVE "Buzz's Royal Table"!

Unfortunately, H&V did away with their character meal.

Go ahead and write. This thread has come up many times, mostly the lack of boy - themed meals.

Another suggestion had been the Adventurers Meal, after the line that the Disney Store promoted with Aladdin, Peter Pan, Tarzan and Hercules. That one could easily rotate male characters through it as well.

And if they were really against Toy Story, how about Peter Pan?

What about an Adventurer's Themed cb? Peter Pan, Aladdin, Hercules, Tarzan - hey as a mom, I'd love to go to just see Tarzan ;) LOL!!!

I have a little boy that LOVES his Adventurer's and would have a blast at a cb like that!!!

As a mom of all boys, I'd LOVE to see a Toy Story character meal or an Adventurers one. Wow that would be so cool!!!!!!!!!

I have sent in a few e-mails about this over the years. I specifically suggested a Disney Heros (The new line at DS is called Heros now) meal. There are soo many that could be there, Buzz, Woody, Tarzan, Peter Pan, Alladin, Hercules, Prince Eric, Prince Charming and many more. My last reply was sent back telling me it was not forwarded to anyone because they don't accept suggestions! I think they worry about having to pay royalties to the person sending in the suggestion.

I guess maybe if you send a paper copy instead of an E-mail, that may get to someone.

Okay, done. I have to do something right when I think about it or I forget, lol. All printed now just have to mail it. I did not specify what kind of character meal as I too have heard that they cannot accept suggestions (seems crazy to me) but requested something geared more toward little boys. It never hurts to ask. When EE was initially done away with I sent a letter asking why and received a handwritten letter back and a telephone call as well.

Several years ago, maybe 1997, we had a great breakfast at MGM with the Hunchback, Aladdin, Genie, Jasmine, and the girl from Hunchback (cannot think of her name - phooey) and it was a blast. My three sons just loved that one! The restaurant I remember as being pretty big - maybe the Soundstage - anyway, why they closed it I'll never know. It was sure mobbed when we went.

I vote for a mom meal with hercules and tarzan....maybe even prince charming::yes::

COUNT ME IN TOO.. I HAVE TWO DS 4 AND 7.. THE ONLY PROBLEM I SEE WITH IT IS THAT I DON'T THINK THE BOYS WOULD WANT TO EAT ANYWHERE BUT... LOL..

My two dd's love Toy Story - especially Buzz & Woody.

I have said for a very long time that Disney should have character breakfasts geared toward boys!!!!

Aladdin, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tarzan, Power Rangers...

Universal is kinda kicking their butt in this department (Marvel Super Hero Island). My dd's loved being able to meet Spiderman and X-men. Like the commercial says,"If fairy tales and pixie dust aint your thing".

I vote for a little more testoterone at Disney (even though I have girls myself).

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter