Toy Story Land not opening until June 30th

So, our last day there is July 1. Does that mean on June 30th it will open to everyone or does that mean it is the day it will open for previews and special guests/advances ticket type of thing?

There were AP Previews for Pandora that we went to ... I think there have been others we missed due to distance/dates. They put out there that there would be limited AP Previews, we had to log on immediately, pick a date and pick a time. Once the slot was full it was closed. I think each day had 1 DVC in morning and then 3 AP after that. We picked the last so we could see it light and dark. I want to say they lasted about ten days.

We entered with maybe a 1000 other folks, could ride the rides as much as we wanted, Canteen, bar and store were open. We rode FOP multiple times, Navi once and had dinner. It lasted about 2-3 hours. Had one hour between each so they could clear the land.

Got it. So how did you know when to go and register for a slot? If they do it for Toy Story, will all AP holders get an e-mail or something? If so, I'll be logging on as soon as the window opens, just like checking in for a flight. :D

I am THRILLED that it won’t yet be opened when we get there. Our trip is sandwiched between the Galactic weekend over Memorial Day and the opening of Toy Story Land at the end of the month. I am so GLAD that we will avoid those crowds and that chaos. I can only hope that some who really want to be a part of either of those special events will advance or delay their trips out of my trip dates. YAY!!

(Of course, I do love the new things and will look forward to seeing TSL in a future trip...I really am NOT a Scrooge. Just like to avoid the madness)

Got it. So how did you know when to go and register for a slot? If they do it for Toy Story, will all AP holders get an e-mail or something? If so, I'll be logging on as soon as the window opens, just like checking in for a flight. :D

Pretty sure we got an email, and immediately jumped in and registered. I'd have to scroll way back but it seems like, as expected from Disney, not everyone got the email or they weren't all sent at the same time.

Pretty sure we got an email, and immediately jumped in and registered. I'd have to scroll way back but it seems like, as expected from Disney, not everyone got the email or they weren't all sent at the same time.

Well, I guess I'll have to keep checking e-mails, and of course watch for any news here in the boards to see if any other APs talk about getting an e-mail. I don't suppose reaching out to Disney to ask would do any good.

We're arriving on June 30th, crazy timing with our trip! Our DHS day is July 1st, so at least now we can prepare ourselves for an increase in crowds that day..

Well, I guess I'll have to keep checking e-mails, and of course watch for any news here in the boards to see if any other APs talk about getting an e-mail. I don't suppose reaching out to Disney to ask would do any good.

Yes watch here and am sure it was posted quickly on social media.

Reaching out to Disney ... :laughing: ... I needed that chuckle.

Those who have done AP openings for other things...does that mean ALL in the party need to be AP? So I am the AP holder but my husband and kids aren't...the cost for my son doesn't work right now and my husband has been at sea wince we been going.

I'm stoked (though will be even more stoked when Star Wars opens). I'm glad HS will finally have more to do - AND maybe it will take some pressure off of Pandora (just a little bit)!?! We're going mid-July. We were hedging our bets on the opening and didn't want to plan to go TOO early in the summer. Just hoping that FP's will be open to book whenever my 60 day FP window opens!

Those who have done AP openings for other things...does that mean ALL in the party need to be AP? So I am the AP holder but my husband and kids aren't...the cost for my son doesn't work right now and my husband has been at sea wince we been going.

Yes. Not only hold an AP but have registered for the event. We had to leave our friend (CM) outside the gates ... as did a few other surprised folks. And they scanned our MB to verify name on the list, so you couldn't even transfer it to anyone.

Not all APs were able to get registered as it was limited numbers on limited days.

Pretty sure everyone must be an AP, but some question about APs that will be blacked-out during that time. For DVC (with Pandora at least) had to have a DVC reservation during that time and anyone staying on the reservation could go.

I knew it would be Memorial Day. I said in the other thread when it said as the summer gets rolling that Memorial Day didn’t sound like that to me and more later in June.

Oh well. November trip will be for toy story land. This trip will be for pandora since we missed last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter