ToyStory restaurant

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Anyone know if the Toy Story restaurant at DHS in TSland is being constructed as of today? Hoping it will be open and ready when we go there in January.

I'm not sure, but I think Disney was so desperate they hired Statler and Waldorf to do the work on Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ. I cut them a bit of slack due to Covid, but this place better be unfreaking believable for it to take this long.

I'm not sure, but I think Disney was so desperate they hired Statler and Waldorf to do the work on Woody’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ. I cut them a bit of slack due to Covid, but this place better be unfreaking believable for it to take this long.
When did they start building it

@Garyjames220 They made the announcement April 2019, December 2019 they announced it would be opening in 2020, by January 2020 the construction walls were up. Then... nothing and more nothing, here we are October 2022 and they say it's opening by the end of the year.

Anyone know if the Toy Story restaurant at DHS in TSland is being constructed as of today? Hoping it will be open and ready when we go there in January.
I've been wondering this as well. We have a trip next month, not counting on it though. I wonder if it will really open this year?

The DVC magazine Disney Files released a video yesterday (it’s posted somewhere on DISboards but I can’t remember where), an interview with a chef at the Food Lab where Disney develops new menu items for the restaurants. He showed examples of plates and glassware for the BBQ restaurant. And last week I saw photos of work being done on the façade for it. So progress is being made!

Do you know if it will be a counter service or a sit down restaurant? Surely it will be finished for next October!!

Do you know if it will be a counter service or a sit down restaurant? Surely it will be finished for next October!!
It will be sit down. I am a cast member and we don’t even know any info about it other then people are waiting patiently for info on hiring so the can apply.

I've been wondering this as well. We have a trip next month, not counting on it though. I wonder if it will really open this year?
My GUESS 2023.

@ezma I agree with what @TheOneWithTheTriplets posted, I will add that I am just baffled as to why it's taken this long to build seems like a pretty simple restaurant.
TRON EFFECT is likely the reason. Honestly I want to know what Disney calls it cute-wise when they do the purposeful delay.

The merchandise issue is usually “Pocahontas effect.”

Roof looks solid with mechanicals - this was outside on Wednesday. 9FCBE0ED-2527-47D8-B085-FA68330DFC0B.jpeg

We were there last week. No idea what the inside looks like.
But, the outside looks like they still have a lot of work to do. Currently, just a big box.
They do have the area to get to it opened and covered by a wall which was different from April.

Oh yeah looking at the those pictures, a 2022 opening looks reeeeeaaaallly unlikely.

Ah well. I was also hoping to eat there in January.

I'm in construction, and from those pics (and what I saw last week while there), NO WAY this opens any sooner than 6-months, minimum. More likely closer to 8-10months, unless there is more work done inside than what I'm assuming.

We were there last week. No idea what the inside looks like.
But, the outside looks like they still have a lot of work to do. Currently, just a big box.
They do have the area to get to it opened and covered by a wall which was different from April.
It is likely going to stay just a big box with only a partial facade on the front where the entrance courtyard is.

They added lights to sign today and article includes a rendering of the courtyard so you can see the area we will see on the box is small.

Any current pictures of the status of this restaurant. Still kinda hoping it will be ready when we get there mid-January!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter