Toystoryduo’s Journal: Baby Steps are the Key... Celebrate Each Victory!

toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
Good morning fellow WISHers! :wave2:

I'm back. Since my old journal is gone and I really need to kickstart my weight loss again, I thought I would start a new journal here. Since my last entry, I have gained about 8 pounds putting me at 212. I am really uncomfortable at this weight. :( My clothes are tight and I am just not feeling good about my healthy living journey. I have recently started a new program called 5 Factor Fitness. With this program, you can eat 5 meals a day, it takes 5 minutes to prep and cook these meals, (5) 5 minute phases in each workout, 5 workouts per week, and one cheat day per week! So far, I am working on the exercise portion first and I will add the meal portion somewhere down the road. :car:

Today's workout consisted of:
* 5 minute cardio warmup
* 2 sets of 25 chest presses and forward/ backward lunges
* 5 minutes of abs
* 15 more minutes of cardio (only need 5 for the program)

I started this program Tuesday and I am still sore from that workout! I can just imagine what tomorrow may bring. That's good though because it means that these exercises are waking up my muscles a bit.

So, my goal is to lose 15 pounds by September 16th. That's the day we leave for WDW and free dining!!! :jumping1: I may adjust this goal a bit as the weeks go by because I may need some "insurance pounds" with that free dining! ;)

Finally... to all of my WISH friends... I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. Life has been very, very busy! I hope to get around to journals a couple of times a week from now on. Please know that I have been and will be WISHing you the best! party:

P.S. I chose the title for my journal based on the fact that I see my weight loss/healthy living as a journey where baby steps are key and where victories (no matter how small!) should be celebrated. Yes, there will be bumps in this journey, but if I take it step by step and day by day, I can make my goals! :bounce:

Have a great day! :sunny:

Whew! I am soooo sore from yesterday's workout! It's a good thing that the next two days focus on upper body because my legs feel like Jello!

Today's workout consists of:

* 5 minutes of cardio

* 2 sets of 25 shoulder presses and pullovers

* 40 upper body twists (core work)

* 5 minutes of more of cardio

* cooldown

Yesterday, I had a small victory of sorts.... It has become a habit for me to have a snack around 11:00 p.m. at night. Well, last night, I wanted to eat and didn't. Again, a small victory, but a victory none the less.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will try and get to some journals this afternoon or evening.

Welcome back! :wave:

Your plan sounds like a good one! You're doing some GREAT exercises. Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Congrats on skipping the late night snacks. I definitely know the feeling, and how hard it is to fight! But YOU won!! :thumbsup2

Take care, and keep in touch!

Good morning,

Well, I broke down last night and had a midnight snack (chips and dip) and it came back to me in the form of heartburn. I feel really yucky right now and I didn't sleep well. :(

Today's 5 Factor Workout includes:

* Cardio

* Biceps

*Triceps

*Core work: Crunches

* Cardio

So far, I am really liking this program. Tomorrow is an official rest day, but I think I will still take a walk or wog....

Thanks Kim for stopping by! :goodvibes Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Good morning,

Today is a rest day for 5 Factor so I think I will take it easy and work on eBay for my WDW trip in September. Or maybe we'll go to the Disney Store and buy some Disney Dollars for the kids' baskets. Either way, it looks to be a relaxing Sunday! Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

Thanks Jen!

Today I am back to 5 Factor:

* Cardio

* Chest Flys

* Squats (60 of 'em!)

* Upper Body Crunches: Core

* Cardio/ Cooldown

I am really liking this program! I hope to see some great results from it.

Today, I am starting to get on the 5 Factor eating plan as well. I'm going to start off slowly by eating 5 meals a day. Well, it's actually 3 meals + 2 healthy snacks. So far, I've had a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast. Not the healthiest of meals, but there are Krispy Kreme donuts in the house and I am avoiding them like the plague. A victory! :) I also need to work on NOT eating past 8:00 p.m.

Quick mom brag.... My DD5 finished her indoor soccer season this weekend. She scored two goals, was named player of the game, and was the leading scorer for the season. Way to go, Em! :cheer2: I am so proud of you! :grouphug:

Have a great Monday! :sunny:

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I love your exercise plan - and you're doing great at it!!

Hope you're having a good Monday! I'm SO glad you're back on here!!

Hi Tracy,

Welcome back...I was a little worried that something may have happened....glad to see you posting again!

Your program sounds great...I know you can do it. You will meet your goal by the time you go to WDW....I just know it!!!!

Happy Monday, keep up the good work!!!!

Welcome back, Tracy!
I've missed you.
Congrats on getting into such a healthy exercise routine. I have to get more disciplined now and it is nice to have the inspiration you provide.
Congrats to Em! Awesome, awesome job!
Have a great day, sweetie, and keep posting! :goodvibes:

Hi Tracy :wave2: The 5 Factory sounds good, keep up the good work. I know about the late night snacks, our downfall is ice cream. I think for me it goes hand in hand with late night tv. I need to cut that out too, get more sleep. Your upcoming trips sure sound fun, I'm dying to get to DAK and ride the Yeti!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: pirate:

Good Morning,

Hope you are having a great day!!!! I too am so excited about WDW and the free dining!!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Good morning everyone and thanks for the Welcome Back! I missed y'all! :grouphug:

Yesterday was a crazy busy day and so today, I am playing catch up.
:faint: Nothing really went as planned and my eating healthy went right out the door. Thank God today is a new day! :sunny:

Today's Plan:
* 5 Factor (Cardio, Deadlifts, One Arm Rows, Core, Cardio)

* Laundry (Since my DH fixed the washer :love: , I have been playing catch up on laundry.)

* Clean the house a bit

* Library

* Enjoy the nice weather

* Disney Store?

I also need to spend some time planning some things for Easter and beyond. I'm trying to plan as much as I can in advance so I don't feel overwhelmed later.

I will try and get to journals today or tomorrow! Have a great day everyone! :sunny:

P.S. DH and I are thinking about switching our resort in September from POP to ASMo. We won't be at the hotel very often... Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks! :goodvibes

Hey there! You're doing GREAT with your workouts! :thumbsup2 The eating will follow. Keep up the great work!

Congrats to your Em (I have an Em too :teeth: )!

I've never stayed at Pop, but we have stayed at ASMo - and loved it! No matter where you stay, it's just so nice to be at Disney!!

Hi Tracy,
This Five Factor thing sounds interesting. I just clicked on a link in another thread (maybe you provided that link?). I think I need to order that book! I agree, small steps really add up and are key. Good luck, keep up the good work! Oh, and I have stayed at Movies and Pop and love them both. I love the theming so much at Movies but love the newer feel at Pop. I think they are both equally great! We are back at Pop for the second time in two weeks, we literally tossed up a coin between it and Movies!

Hi, Tracy! I hope your day is going well! I am going to take a lesson from you and try to get some Easter stuff underway so that I am not overwhelmed this weekend.

Have a great day, sweetie! :hug:

Good morning fellow WISHers!

I'm sorry I haven't gotten to journals in a couple of days. My DH has the opportunity to bid a huge job for communications work and I have been helping him with that. Plus, I have been busy with booking ADRs for clients and pulling quotes as well. I hope to get to journals tomorrow or Saturday.

Well, I re-started my journey at 212 pounds. I had my first weigh-in yesterday and I am up .6! You would think that with all of this exercising, I would have held steady or at least lost a little. I have been eating salty foods and TOM is coming soon... Maybe that's contributing to the slight gain. :confused3 Pressing forward....

Five factor Today:

* Cardio

* Shoulders/ Forward and Backward Lunges: 3 sets of 20 each

* Core

* Cardio

Whew! I really am enjoying this new program because I know that I only need to workout 25 minutes a day/ 5 days a week. Of course, I can extend cardio session #2 much longer if I want, but it's not required. Now, if I can get the eating plan down, the weight loss may come! :goodvibes

Update on POP vs. ASMo..... Okay, we have finally decided to return to ASMo. Call Disney reservations to change resorts.... Agent looks for availability... Only availability at ASMo is preferred... That will add $140 + tax to your bill. Hmmmm... This is a budget trip.We have two trips scheduled this year. No can do. Need to save money for December too. So, we are staying at POP. DH says," No big deal. We won't be at the resort much anyway." I say, "But honey, I wanted to stay at ASMo." DH says, " Well, spend the $140+ and get a preferred location." I say, " But this is a budget trip." Dh says, "Okay, POP Century it is!" :teeth: (I can laugh about this now! :teeth: )

So, we are staying at Pop Century.... I'm still a bit apprehensive because of all the negative reviews I have read, but I have read some really positive ones and hopefully our experience will be a good one. :goodvibes

Okay, I am off to 5 Factor.... Got lots to do today! Have a great Thursday! :sunny:

Happy Thursday!

Yes, I'll bet the salt has a lot to do with it. And think how much bigger your gain would have been if you hadn't been working out! Less than a pound is no biggie....you can get rid of that in no time, and you will!

Good luck to your DH with his bid! :wizard:

Thanks Kim!

Yesterday was a very long day for us..... The good news is that my DD5 won a coloring contest at a local store! She won a $15 gift card and promptly spent it on her and her sister. She has had such an amazing week! First, she was soccer player of the game/week. Then, she became the leading scorer for the season. Now, she won first place in an Easter coloring contest! Way to go Emily! :cheer2:

I'm not sure what the plans are for today.... After yesterday, I feel like just sitting bcak and going with the flow. The only thing scheduled? 5 Factor Fitness and it should be an easy one today.

Thanks Kim!

Yesterday was a very long day for us..... The good news is that my DD5 won a coloring contest at a local store! She won a $15 gift card and promptly spent it on her and her sister. She has had such an amazing week! First, she was soccer player of the game/week. Then, she became the leading scorer for the season. Now, she won first place in an Easter coloring contest! Way to go Emily! :cheer2:

I'm not sure what the plans are for today.... After yesterday, I feel like just sitting bcak and going with the flow. The only thing scheduled? 5 Factor Fitness and it should be an easy one today. :goodvibes

Well, I am off to read the Groovy New Pop Century thread.... It's pretty long!

Have a great day and a Happy Easter! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter