TP and Room Requests

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
touring plans has a room request service. has anyone used this service. was it successful. or do these requests go straight to the shredder

We used it for our March 2019 trip to Poly. We got a different building than requested (the building next door) but got everything else we asked for.

Used it in December. I requested a room around the corner from one that we'd stayed in previously. The only reason I didn't specify the room we'd been in previously was that it was labelled as two queens in TP floorplan when it had been a king room when we stayed there before. I thought the room was too small for it to be comfortable for two queens but we really liked the location so I figured a room request around the corner would give us a high probability of something around that area. Ended up in the room we had previously stayed in. It's still a king room, not two queens so it's erroneously labelled but the request obviously worked as planned and even better than planned. We love that room and location.

I use it every time we go and I’ve had great luck with it. I almost always get a room similar to what I’ve requested. The only times I haven’t received a similar room have been exceptionally busy times. I don’t just request a specific room though, I usually go in to the notes section and tell them exactly what I am looking for in the room (ie building name or number, what kind of view etc). Edited to add: I always choose a view within the category booked, I meant specifically what I wanted my room to look at regarding view.

Last edited:

DVC has asked member not to bother faxing in requests and to just make them with Member Services.

Over on Touring Plans forum they have an ongoing thread about the room people requested through the service and the rooms they ended up with. Some people get exactly what they want, others get the opposite. I know the past few times I've used it I've gotten nowhere close to what I asked for, but then there have been a few times I have. It's worth a shot!

touring plans has a room request service. has anyone used this service. was it successful. or do these requests go straight to the shredder

I’m 3 for 3 so far. We got the exact room at the Poly in the exact building, last year I got the building I wanted at POFQ and at BC I got the same general section, I just got put in a corner king room.

Note that it’s not handled by fax anymore, they send an email 30 days out now.

We've only used it once. We asked for a corner room with a parking lot view in a specific building at CBR. We had a standard room and wanted to be close to the bus stop. We ended up with the perfect location. Normally I don't put in requests though but that trip was with my daughter and she has limited mobility so being close to the bus stop or our car was important.

I tried it a couple times. Once it worked. The other time I requested the room we’d previously stayed in at AKL. It was close to the lobby and there were a few animals outside our window. When I checked in it became immediately obvious that I wasn’t getting that. It was all the way down at the end of the building. However, nearly every type of animal on property was outside our room at least once per day. I didn’t complain... except on our trips to and from the car.

I have used it 3 times. At CR, we got the exact room we wanted. At Poly, we got one close to our request, and at YC, the room was no where close to what we requested. So, generally our results have been good, and I would use the service again.

I’ve used it 10 times now. I‘ve got my requested building or requested floor 4 times out of 10. The last 3 times I’ve used it, we got the opposite of our requests. Lol.

Yes it works. I've had CMs read my request to me when I check in. Last time I gave up the request in order to get in our room faster, so be aware that sometimes you will need to wait if the request is important to you.

I have used 3 times and got pretty close to requested all times. Never the exact room but all of my criteria was met except one time in which everything but one thing was met. I had a lot of criteria too! I have been very impressed. It was always at Pop. Will soon see how my 4th time using it goes but this time at Music

I use it every time just in case I can get what I ask for, and it generally works out. Most of the times I've gotten the room or right near the room, at AKL it was the room next door the exact request; there was a family in there for the full week, had already been there 3 nights when I arrived, so I know exactly why I didn't get the exact room but it was close it enough. The only time it didn't work at all was when I had booked GF SL CL and one of the CMs thought I obviously didn't know what I was requesting so he moved me to a room he thought I'd like better....he was wrong (a king bed with an 8 year old that punches in her sleep isn't fun). They moved us but at that point the room I requested was taken. I always send it in realizing I probably won't get it, but it's worth a shot.

We used it on our last trip this past August with the Cabins at FW. We weren't booking a golf cart so we wanted to be within walking distance to the outpost for flexibility if we didn't want to wait for a bus. They were spot on!

I use it every time I go and usually get exactly what I request or very close to it. Have had great luck at Coronado Springs, All Star Music and Pop Century. Have also had good luck at AKL getting a partial savanna view, but not usually near the lobby like I've requested. I don't mind the extra walking though.
I've had 2 stays at All Star Movies and I requested Mighty Ducks section both times and both times I was upgraded to a preferred room. Once to a room in 101 Dalmatians and once to a room in Toy Story. Can't complain about that either!
The only resort where I got a room no where near what I requested was at Yacht Club. I had reserved a garden view room and requested a room near the lobby, overlooking the gazebo. My room was about as far away from the lobby as it could possibly be. I did go back to the check in desk and ask if I could get a different room and they happily moved me to a room closer to the lobby. Don't know why they didn't put me in that room to begin with. Maybe at YC they don't look at the faxes?

I have been using it since 2015. The only time we didn't get our request was in Nov 2018 at POR. I know it is just a request, but I have had great luck with it. This past September, we actually got the exact rooms we requested at POFQ in building 4 and we were pleasantly surprised.

Oh, TP=touring plans.

I was about to say my request for charmin ultra soft was not fulfilled!

I’ve used it twice and gotten our requested building and floor but not the exact room. I read somewhere to put in the notes why you requested that location (close to the pool, bus stop, dining, etc) so if the exact room you requested is not available the person assigning the rooms has a better idea of where to place you. The exact room is a long shot as someone would need to be checking out or the room already vacant on the same day you’re checking in. If your request is more broad (i.e building vs a specific room) there are more rooms that will be considered a match and the higher the likelihood of success.

I've used it twice. Both times, I did not request a specific room, but just a building number and generic location (ie, upper floor, nearby room to friends) and both times we were put in the building and generic location we asked for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter