TR- 10 yrs later, a trip back "home!" pg. 10. Complete w/ final thoughts.

Cont'd!

After lunch, we took this lovely little picture on our way toward the entrance of DCA.
image036.jpg

We hit up Soarin's single rider line as well. I love this ride, but am ready for a new video to soar too! The single rider line was awesome though as the wait was pretty much non-existent.
image047.jpg

With the nature of our Ridemax plans, we had several free hours in the middle of our day. We decided to hop back over to Tomorrowland to get FP's we could use in the evening for Space Mountain. On our way out, we ran into this famous Mouse!
5.jpg

image055.jpg

After securing our FP for Space, I thought it might be neat to go to Innovations and see the new Dream House. The line seemed to be short, but looks can be deceiving because you have to wait for the building to go round and round. (I miss America Sings!) I had been really looking forward to seeing this House because it was like my generation's version of the Home of the Future. Granted it was not a house built of plastic, I was curious what it would be like. Sorry to say, we were disappointed. If you envision your home of the future to be only about gadgets and video picture frames, then you might love it. I was hoping to see more environmentally friendly options in my future home. :confused: It just seemed like IKEA meets HP and Best Buy. Boring. :sad2: In fact, walking through IKEA is way more exciting. We quickly went up to the top level to explore the rest of Innovations. DH got to enjoy his first trip on a Segway.
DLRsegway.jpg

After enjoying some time in this dark a/c space, we were headed back to DCA. But before we started to head down Main Street, a little stand near the Tiki Room was just calling my name. It was saying..."dole whip...dole whip, Danielle!"

And with a few dollars down, and after a few years of reading about it on the Dis and completely forgetting to get one twice at WDW, a beautiful little Dole Whip float was in my hands!
DLRDoleWhip1.jpg

I think I was trying to make the Tiki god jealous with it. I know for a fact I made my DH jealous. Like any good wife, I refused to share my little piece of heaven with him because he had teased me about my obsession over finally trying a Dole Whip. I did relent and let him have one SMALL sip. He was sold after that and got his own! Yum!

As we headed out of DL, I found this ol' broad! She took one look at my sparkly ears and said, "Good girl, darling, scalping Mickey are we?!"
DLRCruella.jpg

Once in DCA, we decided to use our other set of FP to Tower, so we free fell again for a bit. On our way over to the other side of the park, we got blocked by the Pixar parade. Although my DH is not a big parade person, especially since there were no kids in tow, I got a few sad looks that seemed to say, "Do we really have to watch this?" But I think he was pleasantly surprised and got into it as did I.
DLRCaliAdvPixarParade1.jpg

DLRCaliAdvPixarParade2.jpg

It was fun getting hit in the face with the water guns the character have, as it sure was hot out! The acrobat moves were super cool too. If you love Pixar (and who doesn't?!), then this parade will probably make your happy!

After the Parade, we enjoyed a fun ride on Grizzly….which is so much better than Kali Rapids at AK. The only thing that I did not like about the raft, in comparison to Kali, is the little storage space in the middle does not have a cover to protect your items. Fortunately, we had a poncho with us, and to the delight of the other guests on our raft, we wrapped up all our stuff to keep it safe from the H2O. It was great because we all got soaked, which was fine with me because it was quite hot out!

After Grizzly, we squished over to Mulhulland Madness. The ride is similar to Primeval Whirl at AK minus the spinning. Although a completely plain ride, it was still fun. We then buzzed like bees on the Orange Stinger. I did another free fall, but this time on Maliboomer. We both hit up Cali Screamin' again. At this point, it was now approaching 5:15. The line to Toy Story was a bit heavy still. Ridemax has predicted 35 mins for us, but in reality it was about 45 mins. This was the first true long line we had all day. My hubbie started to complain a bit, and I told him he had been spoiled by Ridemax. Although he had previously teased me about my Ridemax plans and all the time I had spent in front of my laptop perfecting my plans till I was blue in the face, I think he started to get how it really was benefiting us!

The queue to Toy Story is so much fun. I was so excited to finally get to experience this ride, and it was WELL worth it. This is one of the best new attractions I have been on in years. It makes Buzz look like a poor ol' carnival ride! :rotfl: The 3D was amazing, and I loved all the special effects. We were smiling the whole time, and I especially grinned when I saw I nearly had double the final score of my hubby. Haha! I was sad the single rider line was not open because I would have loved to have gone again. Oh well, I will just have to experience it at DHS in the near future.

Toy Story was our last ride at DCA. It was now time to DINE! We had PS at Wine Country Trattoria and were seated right along the wall outside. This place is a nice surprise because the food is good, and the prices are reasonable for Disney standards. The only that suffered was the service. The wait staff was slow, but also did not time things well. We had been brought our salad, and then a minute later, out came our meals. Although slow, I decided not to get to upset by it all because now it was looking like we could just stay at our nice table and watch the Electric Parade from our excellent spot. We decided to get some yummy chocolate dessert and waited for the parade.

Because we had been so busy with our touring plans and hopping between parks, I did not have a real "emotional moment" while at the parks just yet. However, the happy tears hit as soon as I heard the Electric Parade theme song. Suddenly, I was a kid again sitting next to Daddy watching the parade go by on Main Street. It was just like I had remembered….though the sponsor had long since changed, and it no longer had Main Street in its title! Even my parade hating hubby loved it! It is so beautiful and kitschy all at once. Sigh.

DLRCaliAdvElecParade3.jpg

Lousy shot..but I am throwing it in anyway!
DLRCaliAdvElecParade1.jpg

Before exiting DCA, I wanted to see the Midway area from across the lake all lit up at night. Not knowing if my camera was working, I still tried to get a pic.
DLRCaliAdvPacPiernight2.jpg

DLRCaliAdvPacPiernight.jpg

DCA is just a gorgeous park at night. If only it were open later. We walked out and as approaching DL, we saw the fireworks. Lots of people hang out in the esplanade area between the parks to catch the fireworks. I sure cannot blame them! We entered DL and promptly took the train out of Main Street. We got to use our extra set of FP to Indy and then headed over to Tomorrowland. Finally, it was time to ride the ride of rides… SPACE MOUNTAIN!

I had not experienced the refurb…rebuild….re-everything of this ride. This was my first time. Even still, I always thought the DL version was better than the one at MK. Soon, I would be able to say it was light years better. Using our FP, we promptly boarded our "rocket." I can say from the time we boarded to the time we disembarked, our faces were frozen in odd "oh my gawd" smiles. It was so smooth! It was so dark! It was… well, WOW. There are no words! Hubby and I were gloating as we exited the ride. This was beyond our imagination! I told the CM, tell them to immediately TEAR down the WDW version and re-build it NOW! (rumor is 2009...yeah!)

On a Space Mtn high, we floated over to FL. This area was pretty empty at this point. We decided to hit up some of the rides we had not planned to do, so we enjoyed a whirl on Dumbo and Casey Jr. More memories coming back of mom and I locked in the animal cage on Casey. Sigh.
DLRDumbo4.jpg

DLRDumboEPM.jpg

At this point, it was time to head back. After all, we had another long day of DL ahead of us. I like this night time shot we got by the castle:
image058.jpg

We headed down Main Street, all lit up at night. Once I saw this place,
DLRPennyArcade.jpg

I knew I had to go stop by and see an old friend. She even told me a nice fortune!
DLREsmereldacrop.jpg

Before we got to exit the park, DH gave me a nice good night kiss!
image066.jpg

The CCI shuttle almost appeared to be waiting for us as we boarded the bus. Soon we were home, in our pjs, and enjoying our separate beds once again! It sure was nice to stretch out the ol' legs and rest those tired feet. Too bad the Dream Team does not offer spa visits for foot massages.

Coming up Next…… More DL, a magical moment, and some extra time with Indy! :woohoo:

What a great update!

I totally got teary eyed listening to your MAIN STREET Electrical Parade moment! :hug:

I'm glad you had the chance to use your Trattoria seats to your advantage! :thumbsup2

I love that you had ridemax and especially that your DH made fun of you for studying it then loved it! My aunt (last year) was NOT a believer (native Californian, no less) until about 45 minutes into our morning we had done like 7 rides.. she kept saying, wow, this was worth $5 ... then another short line.. wow, this was worth another $5 ... then another short line, wow this was WAY worth $5 and by the fourth ride she had to say, "you should have paid them more!" :lmao:

Ridemax ROCKS for DL (not so much for WDW... too many shows)

I love your comparrisons to WDW and also your old friends (Esmerelda makes an appearance in my TR, too) :goodvibes

Looking fondly forward to more. popcorn::

We always stay at the Anaheim Plaza which is slightly closer than CCI. And people think the Anaheim Plaza is a long walk too! I just don't get it. The walk wasn't bad at all.

I've only been to Disneyland ONCE for park opening. When we lived in Orange, we rarely got there before noon. And most times we went when my DH got off work so we were only there a couple hours.

That stinks about your camera but at least the photos turned out.

I miss the old Disney channel shows from my childhood. Kids Incorporated was one of my favorites.

Is that "train" on Screamin' purple or blue?

I love the Electrical Parade. I saw it at WDW as a child. We rarely watch parades but that is one we like. I might try to convince my DH to watch the Parade at Disneyland while we're there next time though.

I never rode Space Mountain at WDW when I was little. (We were there in 1987, 1991, and 1995.) I was too afraid. So I finally went on it with my DH this past January. I knew it wouldn't be like the one at Disneyland. But it was just awful. So painful! Once was enough for me.

Can't wait to hear more!

Is that "train" on Screamin' purple or blue?

I never rode Space Mountain at WDW when I was little. (We were there in 1987, 1991, and 1995.) I was too afraid. So I finally went on it with my DH this past January. I knew it wouldn't be like the one at Disneyland. But it was just awful. So painful! Once was enough for me.

The coaster you see there is purple. I also remember seeing one in green and red.

I hear you about Space Mtn. We are thinking of a WDW trip next spring and I have no interest to go on SM there now. ;)

Such a great update.
You guys had a great day at DL.
I love, love, love the black & white photo of you guys at the entrance. So cute.

Ready for more..........

The coaster you see there is purple. I also remember seeing one in green and red.

I hear you about Space Mtn. We are thinking of a WDW trip next spring and I have no interest to go on SM there now. ;)

Hmm...the purple one must be new. I've never seen it. I've seen red, blue, green, orange, and yellow. I know they have a multiple ones of some colors. So maybe they changed one of those to purple or something. Very cool.

We're thinking WDW again in January 2010. I want to stay at Port Orleans Riverside again.

I'll tell you why I was blacklisted at DL in the 80's if you UPDATE!!!! :rolleyes1 popcorn:: :flower3:

I will update this weekend I promise. Remember I said life was a little nutty? Well, I will fill in. We were renting and our landlord thought it was be cool to NEVER pay his condo maintenance fees. Long story short, they were moving towards foreclosures. So we decided to call our own shots and not be caught in the middle of all this and so we moved. This past month has been nutty between coming up with this decision, finding a new place we love, and then of course packing and moving. We are finally moved..but in between unpacking, I will write up a new report.

So sorry!! I miss the DIS!! Will update ASAP!!!! :thumbsup2

I will update this weekend I promise. Remember I said life was a little nutty? Well, I will fill in. We were renting and our landlord thought it was be cool to NEVER pay his condo maintenance fees. Long story short, they were moving towards foreclosures. So we decided to call our own shots and not be caught in the middle of all this and so we moved. This past month has been nutty between coming up with this decision, finding a new place we love, and then of course packing and moving. We are finally moved..but in between unpacking, I will write up a new report.

So sorry!! I miss the DIS!! Will update ASAP!!!! :thumbsup2

Blech! I HATE MOVING!!! Blech, spit, double blech! Good for you guys though to get out from under that.

I have patience and I can wait. popcorn::

Scouts honor.. I shall update this soon. I feel so bad...especially for travelmel!! Life has just been insane, but I need to reflect on my second days in the parks. I need to be back in the happy place!! Update in the next two days or I shall never visit the Dis again!! ;)

Scouts honor.. I shall update this soon. I feel so bad...especially for travelmel!! Life has just been insane, but I need to reflect on my second days in the parks. I need to be back in the happy place!! Update in the next two days or I shall never visit the Dis again!! ;)

You're cute! I'm ok <sniff> (really, I did sniff). :rotfl2:

Please take your time! Enjoy your TR reporting and your own pace (lord knows I did!) LOL

If you don't come back to the dis I'll have to PM you to DEATH! :rotfl:

I've been posting seasonal pics and OT stuff to keep myself entertained. Sad. lol

P.S. I was totally thinking about you today so it must have travelled some karma all the way to your place! Were your ears burning???

Also, the lateness of your update nullifys my offer to discuss my temporary black-listing. :snooty:

:angel:

Disneyland Day Two!!

Alright let's finally finish this TR up before I feel worse about waiting so darn long. :sad2: My deepest apologies if there is still anyone who is even reading it at this point (hi travelmel!)

Like the day before, we woke up bright and early. We got to the entrance and this time we were part of the crew opening the park, as it was not an early morning day. We busted through the doors as the clock struck 8am and through the tunnel we ran! The weather was gorgeous with not a cloud in the sky, but I barely looked as I was on a mission. We ran over to TL to get our fastpasses, and from there the Ridemax planning was in motion. Our Ridemax plan was supposed to take us to about 11am.

Let's just say, the Ridemax plans that I created were sooooo good (patting self on back) that we actually did all the rides we wanted to do by about 10am. I can not tell you how much of a value Ridemax was to us. I probably did more rides that morning alone, than versus other entire summer days I remember spending at DL years ago. Getting there at opening plus Ridemax= DLR busy day success story! :thumbsup2

Here's is my boy looking cool as can be on those spinning tea cups:
DLRTeaCupEPM1.jpg

Of the various rides we hit that morning in TL, TT and FL, Matterhorn was the favorite. My husband loved the kitchy feel of the ride as it is a true classic. He also thought it was fun we went to hell on Mr. Toad. After hitting up our rides we headed near the Partners Statue and my husband encountered Darth Vader. :darth: As a true Jedi should, he used his force and won!
image089.jpg

Here he is with me smiling and relishing his victory of having defeated the Dark side!

image085.jpg

We had PS for Blue Bayou at 11:30, so as to be a part of the first seating. Since we now had so much time to kill, we headed down Main Street to soak in the atmosphere. It was fun seeing so many people rushing to enter the park, while we had already done so much. I thought to myself, "Hey that so used to be me!" :wave2: It sure was nice already having two sets of FP for Space Mtn to enjoy later in the day, plus we already had one ride under our belts that morning. We headed up the Main Street train station.

At this point, I started to get a little nervous. Should I ask? What are my chances? :scratchin I decided to be brave, and I casually asked an older CM about the Lilly Belle. "Is it running today?" The man responded, "Why, yes it is. Do you know about that little historic train car?" Here was my chance! I started talking about how I had recently read a biography on Walt, and all about Walt and his love of trains etc... I then went for it, "Is there any chance we might be able to PLEASE ride her today?" The CM smiled and called another CM over. He asked us to sit down on the bench inside the station why he phoned another CM to see if he could sit with us in the train car. I was so excited, but I tried to not count my chickens before they were hatched. I kept muttering under my breath to my husband, "Honey, do you understand how special this is..if it happens?" :hyper2:

We waited a bit and this other older CM came over to us. "Somebody told me you are an admirer of the history of Walt and the Lilly Belle" I nodded eagerly and before I knew he was taking us to her! :cool1:
DLRLillyBelle5.jpg

Now, I might have been sad that I never was greeted by the Dream Team while at WDW or DLR, but this beat any of that!!! Keep your dream fastpass, this was something super duper special! We walked in and he told us he would sit with us and talk a little Disney history while we circled the park.
DLRLillyBelle3.jpg

The CM was super friendly and told me his first trip to DL was in 1956. We talked about the park, and I even think I impressed him (just a little) with my knowledge as well. The whole experience was just surreal. That pretty much made the whole DLR trip right there and is something I will never ever forget. :wizard:
DLRLillyBelle4.jpg

Beaming as we walked down the Main Street station stairs, we headed over the famous opening day plaque.
DLRSignWaltopeningday.jpg

Visions of the opening day dvd I have with Walt uttering these words flashed in my head. What an amazing place Disneyland has been for so many generations.

A PhotoPass photographer was standing near by, so we decided to take this nice shot:
image094.jpg

We headed on back to New Orleans square so that we could check in at the Blue Bayou. As we waited for them to call our names, I stood at the entrance of THE door.
DLRClub33door2.jpg

I got to do the Lilly Belle today, perhaps 33 will be in my future.... I shall not be selfish! :charac2:

Here is my hubby not knowing of the glorious artery fest we were about to enjoy... pirate:
DLRBlueBayouEPM.jpg

We booked the first seating with the hopes of getting a table by the water. As you can tell, we had great success!
DLRBlueBayou.jpg

DLRBlueBayou2.jpg

Having already studied the menu months before, we were pretty much set with what to order. He had the regular monte cristo, while I had the veggie version. Oh heavenly cheese fest! The potatoes were amazing too.
DLRBlueBayouEPMlunch.jpg

I still think about this yummy meal, though I have lost about 20 pounds since our DLR visit, and that would probably get me right back to where I started.

So what does one do after such a meal, well work out of course!! For that, I call on the canoes!
DLRcanoes.jpg

I hadn't been on the canoes in a long time. In fact, I do not believe they were operating the last time I was there. This was not to be a pleasure trip around the Rivers of America for our fearless CM declared a race with the other canoes. Off we went at record pace, or something like that, as we whisked around Tom Sawyer island. The lovely person in front of me did not know how to pace along with others so I stepped off the canoes looking like I had just been on Splash Mtn!

Cont'd....

Wrapping up Day Two!

One of the beauties of Ridemax, planning, and having two days in the parks, you get to do things that in the past you might have rushed right by. As I said earlier in this TR, I also think that as you get older, your interests change as well. While I did end up riding Space Mtn 3 or 4 times that day (which would have been a big deal as a teen or early 20 something), I also was interested in just admiring the park that Walt created oh so many years ago. Ridemax allowed for us to have the whole afternoon "off!" I know that sounds silly, but I am sure some of you get what I am saying.

One major "must do" thing on my list was to see the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show at the Horseshoe. I had read so many rave reviews on the Dis, and this show certainly did not disappoint.
DLRHorseshoestagecrop.jpg

We had a nice little view from the second level.

When we walked outside the Horseshoe, my husband left me for a potty break. A little impromptu show with some Wild West looking characters started. Before I knew it, they dragged me into their little act. I got to play a bank teller. Hubby came back from his potty break to find me being part of a show. Go figure!

After my starring role, we headed over to the Columbia. I do not think I had been on her since I was very little. Seems like the Mark Twain always ran more often than her. We got a nice spot out on the deck and I took some pics.
DLRGoldenHorseshoe.jpg

DLRPirates.jpg

DLRFowlerHarbor.jpg

Oh and by the miracle of some great fire fighters, the log cabin has FINALLY stopped burning. Looks like someone remodeled this little "fixer upper!"
DLRLogCabin.jpg

It sure was sad to see the old keel boat! Oh poor Gullywhumper!
DLRoldGullyboat.jpg

Here is the geek in me. As a avid lover of all things gone Yesterland, I was happy to spot the old mine train. I even found an old tunnel of the ride. How I sure wish I could have experienced this ride through the West!
DLRMineTrain2.jpg

DLRMineTrain1.jpg

Continuing on with my mission to cherish the non E-ticket portions of the park, we headed back out in front of the castle. Here I encountered a woman I have never seen walking around the park, my Fairy Godmother.
bluefairyme.jpg

I told her a wish or two, and then it was off to the glorious Snow White fountain.
DLRSnowWhiteFountain.jpg

Such a precious part of the park. I can only imagine how many couples have become engaged near that spot! :bride:

From here, we were back on Main Street. We stopped to listen to the College Marching Band. They were a real treat.
DLRCollegeBand.jpg

We visited the hat shop, where my boy was transformed to a bilge rat! Arrrrrr!!!
epiratecopy.jpg

The ladies behind the counter commented on my couture ears hat. That made me smile.

Onward, we were off to the theater where dear ol' Abe is still covered up by a table cloth. But I will say, it was very nice to see the Disneyland 50th exhibit and watch the Steve Martin movie. There is a gorgeous miniature of the park and tons and tons of stuff that would sell for who knows what on Ebay! This is not to be missed! We took a picture of a little description about Tomorrowland.
DLRTomorrowplaque.jpg

Hubby and I talked about how these words kind of heightened our disappointment with the Dream Home we had visited the day earlier. Again, we hoped to see more than just nifty gadgets in our future.

Speaking of the dream home, we went to visit the spot where the old plastic house used to sit. Now it was inhabited by a lovely red-headed girl in a clam shell. We decided to pose with this sweet mermaid.
image114.jpg

Last I heard, she got evicted from her clam shell and now some Tinkerbell chic has taken up a home in this spot!

A PhotoPass guy spotted us nearby and we decided to do our best Yeti impersonation!
image109.jpg

After looking like fools, we headed back over to the land of Adventure. Fastpass in hand, we went on Indy. My husband was completely in awe of this ride from the night before, so we just had to do it again. Our little truck whipped through lots of scary things, including a giant snake and darts shooting at us. We finally hit the spot where Indy is about to escape the big rolling ball... "Oh my, will he make it?!?!" The ball is coming at us, it is spinning and spinning.. Indy is hanging on for dear life on that rope and then.... then.... the ride stops and the house lights come on.

What? Wow. We sat for a little bit in our ride car. We even got to take some fun pics and a little video on our cell phone.
DLRIndyEvac1.jpg

DLRIndyEvac2.jpg

Ten minutes go by featuring a few announcements reminding us to stay seated. A few minutes later a CM comes by to also tell us to stay where we are. Could this be? Could I be experiencing my first ride EVAC!?!? I know some of you out there know how some of us Disney msg board peeps love experiencing an evac (where you know you are safe that is...) :woohoo:

The CM came back over and said he would be back to get us soon. I started screaming with dorky happieness... "We are getting an evac!!" My husband looked at me like I was insane. A nice woman sitting behind me understood and thought it was neat too. At least it happened at the end of the ride so we got to experience most of it. Nearly 20 mins from when the ride stopped, the CM came over with a step ladder to help us depart our car. They made us walk in a single file as we went under the still rolling ball. It sure doesn't look all that threatening with the lights on! We rounded the bend towards the final scene and back to the boarding room. The CM would not let me take pics once we were walking, and I felt he had his eye on me. On our way out, we got special "to the head of the line" passes for any ride except Nemo. And there goes the story of my first true ride evac!

We enjoyed another ride with the 99 haunts. One day I hope to see the Holiday overlay. I wish they were able to do that at WDW.
DLRHauntedMansion.jpg

We headed over to Rancho del Zocalo, site of one Casa Mexicana and before that, Casa de Fritos. They sure have improved the look of this spot with enhanced theming. The enchiladas were surprisingly good. Yeah, I ate more cheese. I had to ensure I had reached the maximum FDA recommendation for cheese that day! haha. I do like how this restaurant allows you to refill your soda, a luxury at a CS restaurant on any Disney property!

Following dinner, we enjoyed some of the classics we had been on the day before. I had to see my Pirates again, and wanted us to enjoy Big Thunder in the dark. I am glad the enchiladas did not make a re-visit! Confident that the tummy was ok, hubby and I FINALLY shared a wonderful, warm churro. Oh sweet happiness! :hug:

We then headed over to secure a nice spot for "Remember Dreams...", the fireworks show. I had received some recommendations from fellow Dis'ers to go stand in the middle of Main Street near the Kodak shop. While we weren't up front so to speak, it did make us feel in the middle of the show. The CM put the rope drop right in front of us, so we had no one standing right in front of us. There was some space that afforded a great view of the castle.
DLRfireworksspot.jpg

While I love "Wishes" at WDW, this show was a notch way up! I love how it pays tribute to the park's history and all our beloved rides. It was just something else and like many others, it brought tears to my eyes. I can still remember sitting on my dad's shoulders way back when, as we finished our exciting day at the park with the fireworks.

After the fireworks, it was now time to enjoy some final last rides. We enjoyed Space Mtn. a few times.. our last ride we scored front row.
DLRSpaceMtn.jpg

Please WDW, tear down that ride and re-build Space Mtn so it can even hold a candle to the DLR version. Sigh. :worship:

We went on Buzz (which now seems lame vs. Toy Story) and saw Honey I Shrunk the Kids. (Disney..it is time to update this!! Otherwise, go retro and bring back Captain. Eo). We used our Indy Ride Evac pass to enjoy a nighttime ride on the Matterhorn. Funny, how the WDW Space Mtn is more like this ride. But the Matterhorn is way cooler. By now, it was about 11:15 and Nemo was calling.

It took us about half an hour, so the wait was not too bad. It was pretty much the only line we had to wait in all day due to our touring plan and Fastpass, so I guess we really CANNOT complain! It was a blast to board the old subs for all the nostalgic reasons most of you can understand. While I did enjoy the ride, I will say that I think the Nemo ride at EPCOT is cooler in that it is set within a real aquarium. However, the ride was still enjoyable at DLR. I just don't know how I would feel about it had I waited 2 hours though.

Now was the dreaded time.... closing time! Sigh. While my mind was ready to keep going, my legs were telling me a different story. I had to admit there were some tears in my eyes, which intensified when I saw his old apartment over the firehouse.

My husband probably heard me say, "Good night Walt, and thanks yet again."
DLRWaltsLights.jpg

Fortunately, the lovely CCI shuttle was still waiting at its devoted spot, and the nice driver took us back to our own double beds. While I went to sleep fast, I can bet I had a smile on my face.

Coming up next: Closing thoughts and some pics from the end of our CA trip that was...yeah a few months ago now!

Oh I understand that real life invades all the time. Darned old real life.:goodvibes

Wowie! You got to ride the Lily Belle AND have waterside seating at the Blue Bayou in ONE DAY!!!! You are one lucky ducky!!!

You go girl!!! :banana: :dance3:

I am totally enjoying your TR!!!!!

:wizard:

:flower3:

Awww... there's a flower for your last day blues.

Wow, so many things to comment on! First of all, thanks for my shout-out :wave: lol

Ridemax! Yes, I am a fan. It rocks. Your morning was really similar to ours including the great ride times and the Blue Bayou (I'm going back someday...:rolleyes1 ) The creesto's looked mah-velous!

Darth Vader! You guys are so lucky! I was a BIG Star Wars geek (member of the Official Fan Club for a year or two and visited the big convention.. oh yes, I did that. :scared: - big Chewie fan, myself) The closest we have been is:

LegoDarth!
2007-12Legoland068.jpg

Yep, that's me up there.. can you imagine me at Jedi Training?? :cool2:

Lilly Belle! Loved it! Loved, loved, loved it. Wasn't that great to get your own private tour (free) tourguide!!! Thanks for the pics, it was great to relive it. :) The smiley of you and your DH nervously chatting while waiting almost made me pee I was laughing so hard. :lmao:

Canoe's.. FUN and Healthy!! I may be able to find a pic of myself on the ole Mine Train back in the day.... I'll have to check. It was so long ago I get it confused with the train at Knott's and I'm not sure if I know the words from the ride because I was on it or because I heard it on Walt Disney World TV Sunday nights. LOL

HillBillies! I am SO disappointed that I didn't even KNOW about these guys when we went. I'm so glad you experienced it. What a great morning you guys had!

The Columbia!! Another thing I missed that looks so wonderful! I'm so glad you rode. You and I are so similar in our nostalgic mind-set. :goodvibes

The College Marchers! I saw them the time before last and I was so enthralled with them but we were on a one-day mission to visit 2 parks that time and couldn't stick around and listen. How great that you were able to!

Disappointment with the "Dreamhouse" Do you remember the ole cartoon: The House of the Future? That was a fun! There was also Car of the Future, I think.... Not Disney... maybe Looney Tunes or some spin off of theirs? Very cute stuff.

Poor Ariel, evicted from her earthly Clam lair. :sad1: (lol)

Ha! You were EVAC'd!! I'll give you a hint.. that's close to what happened to us during the great black-listing of '85.

So sorry you haven't seen the holiday HM! OMG it's cute.

Remember (the fireworks show).... I had not seen Wishes but heard great things about it. Remember, however, was so incredibley REMEMBER-Y... wow... SO good to hear all of that old stuff. :cloud9:

My DH agreed with you on the Nemo, not that he's ever been to WDW but just that it woudl be cute with real animals. You know how I felt about it. I thought it was the best ride at the park. :teeth: I love going back in time like that. It's so powerful.

What a great, great, update. Worth the wait, of COURSE!

I look forward to your final thoughts and to following you around WDW someday (via the dis, of course :rolleyes: ).

Great job!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Wowie! You got to ride the Lily Belle AND have waterside seating at the Blue Bayou in ONE DAY!!!! You are one lucky ducky!!!
I am totally enjoying your TR!!!!!

:wizard:

Thanks so much prettyprincessbelle!! So happy to have you on board! Yes, we were so fortunate that day, that's why I couldn't complain about Club 33!! But we do have friends on a waiting list, so maybe one day.. in say the next 10, 20, 30 years, I will be able to dine there! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter