• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TR: Disneyland and Las Vegas

Amberle3

<font color=CC0066>Likes to absorb the park<br><fo
For anyone that's interested I've put my trip report from last week online at http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/dec04.htm .

I know there's a Disneyland trip reports board, but I thought I'd post this here because this one seems to get more traffic.

We stayed at 2 hotels around Disneyland: The Residence Inn Garden Grove and the Howard Johnson. I'd highly recommend either of these hotels, they were both great. We'll be staying at the HOJO in July - the kitchen at the residence inn was nice and frankly I'd be happy with just the kitchen and not the breakfast, we didn't eat much from the breakfast each day. But with the price of the Residence Inn being almost twice as much as the HoJo in July (and more than 3 times the price with the 2-bedroom suite), I'll give up the kitchen in order to save some money and still stay in a good hotel.

The Residence Inn has a free shuttle that they share with a few other hotels. It picks up at the Hyatt next door. The HoJo uses the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) which you have to pay for, but the bus stop is right AT the hotel. Very convenient!

ETA: I almost forgot about the water quality. While at the Residence Inn I was reminded how bad Anaheim water can be. The drinking water was okay, but the water in the shower left my hair feeling like I had run glue through it. It took lots of conditioner and leave-in conditioner to combat it. I was prepared for the HoJo to be the same, but was surprised to find the water in the shower to be just fine and had no problems whatsoever. In case anyone thinks it was just me, my mother experienced the same thing.

Enjoyed your report. I have just one more day to read (last, of course).
Good luck with your wedding!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter