Tracy's WL after baby journal- Where there's a Wii there's a way ! (comments welcome)

TimonTracy

Mouseketeer
Hello All -
I have been a lurker popcorn:: on the D.I.S. for many, many years. I knew I wanted to start a Weight Loss Journal and this seemed like a great place. So here goes...

HISTORY

A little bit about me - I'm 31 years old, mother of 2 little girls. Samantha (2) and Molly (2.5 months). I have a wonderful husband, Matt. We were married at the Wedding Pavillion :bride: in December 2006.

I have always been overweight and having 2 kids only added to that weight. I'm 120 pounds over where I should be :scared1: Wow ! I guess I'm going to have to write the numbers down if we're going to be honest here.

CURRENT WEIGHT
Last week I weighed 276. I am 5'10 - my height has always helped hide some weight. This week I'm down to 273 - yeah !! :yay:

EXERCISE
One of the major helps to my getting healthy/losing weight plan has been the Wii. I've been using WiiFit/WiiFitPlus to motivate me. The exercises are fun and Samantha loves to watch me play the games.

Today, I started EAActive - which is basically a personal training workout. Seemed okay - but the leg strap is so annoying.

I also started walking with Walk Away the Pounds DVDs. My husband also likes them - so we have committed to get up early and at least start the day off with a mile of exercise each morning.

EATING
I have decided that the best thing for me will be to count calories :teacher:. I've done Weight Watchers in the past and had some success - but I think I'd like to track calories because there are several free calorie tracking websites out there and another goal of mine is to save money. I am using TheDailyPlate to track my calories. I want to make sure that I eat enough because I am still nursing my baby, so hopefully that doesn't throw any wrenches into my weight loss plans.

SHORT TERM GOALS
Apparently, my goal weight is 155 pounds for my height. I'm not going to even go there at this point. I want to focus on something shorter term. I would like to lose at least 1 pound per week while still being able to nurse the baby.

-Lose 1 pound per week
-Drink 60 to 80 oz of water
-Weigh-in on Friday mornings
-Walk 1 mile per day
-30 minutes on the Wii per day
-1 Family Walk to the playground per week
-0/1 caffeinated beverages per day ( I love sweet tea !)
-Post in this journal everyday

(Yes, committing to exercise everyday is probably not advised - but consistency is key with me :rolleyes:)

LONG TERM GOALS
Participate in a Disney Walk/Run (5K) in 2010 :scared1:
Go down a pants size (from 24 to 22) - by the end of the year

Okay, that's enough to start... will post the daily post tonight ! Thanks for reading :surfweb:

Tracy:

You have a well-reasoned plan and have already seen some success in a week! That success is really a motivator to keep going - at least seeing results on the scale or in lost inches really is for me.

From a dream wedding to a dream family, what a wonderful life you have and being better shape will make it all the more fabulous. Stay positive.

Laurie

Thanks Laurie for the encouragement !

Update for yesterday and this morning's weigh-in

Weigh in this morning is steady right around 272.5 according to the Wii.
I did well on my calories yesterday. I'm trying to do no less than 1800 calories per day. According to the HR monitor that I have, I burned over 500 calories exercising (EA Active and Disney Grooves). I did not officially walk a mile yesterday - but since I exercised for 60 minutes, I think that's okay.

Luckily, I am still on maternity leave so getting exercise in should be a little easier for me. When I go back to work in mid-November - I'm going to plan on walking at lunch. Hopefully, these weeks before work will help me reinforce these healthy habits.

I talked with my husband about doing/walking a 5k in Disney next year and he's in for it. There is actually a walk for the homeless that I've done before in November - so I'm going to actually plan on walking that too. (there are no time requirements for that will be for fun but also to show that we can already handle that 5k (16 min/mile) in Disney.

Our next trip to Disney World is October 29th - November 8th. Usually, if we are dieting it goes to heck in Disney and of course we gain 5 lbs and go off the diet. This time we have committed to write down everything we eat so that we don't get out of that rhythm. For me, I think I can give up the yucky stuff like Disney french fries - I will make better choices.

See you tomorrow !

Welcome to WISH, Tracy! :welcome:

You've got a great plan in place and I like how you have broken down your goals into short term and long term. :goodvibes

You're off to a great start....You CAN do this!:cheer2:

Have a great day today!

~Tracy (yep, I'm a Tracy too!:goodvibes )

Thanks Tracy ! I like short term goals - so I can reward myself often :)

Yesterday was a good day. I ate the maximum calories that I could - eating back all the calories I exercised - the day before I ate on the very low side.

For exercise, I burned 500 calories doing Disney Grooves on the Wii and I did a PowerMile on WATP (walk away the pounds).

Today will be a day at home. It's very cold and rainy here. Also, 2nd weekend of Potty Training !!!

Great job, Tracy! Keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Sending some :wizard::wizard: your way for the potty training.

Hope you have a nice evening!:goodvibes

I wish I could say that we are making great strides at Potty Training - but it seems like 2 steps forward and one back :confused:...

Yesterday was eventful for sure. Luckily, I got some exercise :jumping3" in the morning. While my DD was watching Peter Pan and DD2 was napping, we got in some Disney Grooves (200 calories burnt) and 1 mile of WATP. Later in the day I was also able to do 175 calories on WiiFitPlus:cool1:. Those extra calories came in real handy. My sister-in-law and fiance came over and we ended up going to a mexican restaurant last night.

My SIL and I went to find bridesmaid dresses for the wedding :bride:. The first attempt with everyone was a little crazy. I'm the heaviest maid and the baby weight was definitely not attractive in the dresses last time. This time we were successful. We found something on the first try :wizard:. It's a halter dress with an A-Line skirt. We got separates. If some of the other pickier people want something different she's okay with that. The wedding is in February in Vegas. Maybe I'll lose a bit of weight by then. I will definitely want to focus on the arms, chest and back in the weights that I do between now and then.

OK, now for the eventful part. While we were out my DH and her fiance were watching DD2 :earsgirl:. We got a call that Samantha had dropped a soup can on her toe and it was black and blue under the nail. We were on our way home and I had him call the dr. on call for advice. The dr. wasn't too concerned and said it was a good sign that she had fallen asleep on the way to dinner.

However, when she woke up she did not want to walk on it or let anything touch it. She was just saying, 'my toe' over and over again. As it was continuing to swell and she wasn't responding to the motrin I decided to take her to our local emergency room. We are lucky to have a hospital annex near by and it's not your average wait for 3 hours with sick people. They were glad that we brought her in. They drained the nail :scared1: and there was ALOT of blood. It wasn't broken, thankfully but the amount of blood was amazing to the docs. She was in tears the whole time because she's scared of everything dr. related. After the procedure she said it was much better and said, 'thank you dr' to the team of 4 people that were holding her down. It was so sweet. :flower3:

I say all this in my W.I.S.H. journal because this is why I felt that I deserved a Pumpkin Pie from McDonald's. Yes, it was stress eating but I wanted it and I really felt I deserved it for the night we had. I had NO idea how many calories were in it and I didn't care. I ate it. (Turned out to be 250 calories).

I enjoyed my dinner at the mexican restaurant complete with Tortilla Chips and fresh made guacamole. Dinner was crab cakes and I really enjoyed it :teeth:. Of course I felt guilty -but I'd been good all week. Turns out I did not have that much to be guilty about. I entered all the calories in and I was barely (100 calories) over my limit for the day.

In retrospect, I might have liked to plan out what I was going to eat a little better so there wasn't that guilt factor. I also would have had the pie again in a heartbeat. It's worth 250 calories to me.

I think the best thing that I did was exercise in the morning when I could control things better:thumbsup2. Who knows :confused: where the day will take me and my cravings. By earning all those extra calories I kind of buffered myself.

Yesterday marked a week of counting calories and exercising everyday. :cheer2: Yay for me !

I'm so sorry to hear about your DD's toe. :( I hope she's feeling much better today!:wizard:

No worries on the pumpkin pie. You did a lot of working out the past few days. I'm sure those calories are burned off already!:banana:

Keep up the good work, Tracy! You CAN do this!:cheer2:

Let's see - yesterday seems so long ago.

I know I exercised really hard yesterday. I did day 2 of the 30 day challenge on EA Active. It was a bunch of jogging and lunges. If they had thrown in push ups that would have been the worst workout ever. My DH was very impressed with how hard that workout was. I am feeling it today for sure.

My DD2 and I went to Trader Joe's in the afternoon. I think the rest of the town was there also. Let's see - we got some yummy stuff. Just on maternity leave I've been Trader Joe's obsessed. I feel that there are some great finds, some ok finds and things to avoid. I DO NOT like their enchiladas or burritos. They don't cook in the correct time and they taste like cardboard. I love their indian dishes. My absolute favorites right now are BBQ Chicken Teriyaki w/Jasmine Rice and Orange Chicken w/Jasmine Rice. If you throw on some broccoli it's a huge plate for a reasonable amount of calories.

My DH and I made some shrimp tacos last night - very yummy.

Shrimp (200 calories for 1/2 bag)
Sauteed in garlic and pam
3 low fat tortillas (150 for 3)
Guacamole (50 calories for 2 TBS)
3 Cheese Blend (200 calories for 1/2 cup - I LOVE CHEESE)
Lite Sour Cream (35 calories for 2 TBS)

So 3 STUFFED tacos were 635 calories total. So Worth it - they tasted fresh and delicious. I love Shrimp tacos/enchiladas out at restaurants and I sure wouldn't be able to get them for even double the calories as this little creation ! :cheer2:

Plan for Monday
-Family Pictures at JCPenney
-Paperwork for Molly/Daycare

-Samantha's toe is much better !!!

Thanks for stopping by !

Good Morning !

Yesterday was a good day - I did WATP w/Arms as well as some WiiFit time. Calories were good.

I'm noticing that I really, really have too much salt in my daily intake :( I also need to really make sure to get that water in.

We had pork and sauerkraut last night - so hard to judge on the portions. I want a food scale - don't want to spend the $$ just yet.

Pictures were okay last night. DD2 pulled out her nice hairdo - so her hair was a mess, but that best reflects her daily 'do - oh well and baby wouldn't smile. But, what really shocked me is how wide I look. I don't look that wide in the mirror and I don't feel that wide - but I was HUGE !!! Very depressing. But glad I'm already doing something about it. At least I now have a before picture. :confused:

My DH lost 5 pounds - he weighs on Monday. Very happy for him.

He gave me my 1st week reward... HeatWave (a book related to ABC's Castle, which I love)

My legs are so sore from the past two days work out. I KNOW I should not have stepped on the scale, but I felt like I was gaining weight... sure enough the scale was up... I hate that when you exercise sometimes the scale goes up. I hate it. (I guess that's why they say not to weigh yourself too much). I'm depressed now.

Today's goal
-exercise
-Post office to mail ebay sale
-Grocery store for a few things
-Clean up something at home
-Maybe find the biggest loser on OnDemand? For some inspiration.
-Get over the weight thing
-Water, Water and more Water.

Hi Tracy,

You're doing a great job getting those workouts in!:cheer2: Keep up the good work!:cheer2:

No worries on the scale....If your sodium intake has been high, you may just be retaining water. Be sure and drink lots of water and you'll flush those pounds right away!:banana:

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!:goodvibes

Thanks Tracy ! It's really nice knowing someone is out there cheering :cheer2: me on.

WHY oh WHY did I get on that scale yesterday. In my head I'm like why am I trying so hard, it doesn't matter... I KNOW my sodium is WAY, WAY high.

Yesterday, I did 30 minutes of WiiFit and was good on my calorie intake.

Today, I did EA Active workout and WATP/slim legs mile. According to the HR monitor - the two together burned 571 calories.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine :( First night my baby sleeps through until 5 am and I get a migraine. It was hard to get motivated to work out this morning, I took a nap and worked out a little later - after the migraine went away.

Today, I'm going to get that water in.

You're doing great on those workouts, Tracy!:cheer2: That is wonderful that you burned over 500 calories!!!!:banana:

I'm sorry to hear about your migraine. Those are no fun. :( I hope you're feeling better. :goodvibes

Have a good evening!:hug:

Yesterday was good. My DH got home late so we ordered out. We had to guesstimate the calories - so I hope our guesses were close enough.

Today I did the WATP Slim Your Tummy mile and my stomach is killing me. I don't know if it's from the workout or what...

Tomorrow is weigh in day !!!!:confused:

I weighed in this morning on the Wii and guess what - I'm down 2.4 pounds - yippee !!!!:woohoo:

I was so afraid that I hadn't moved at all or even gained... this takes me just under 270. Like 269.8 - I'll take it !!!

Today, I may swap housework for exercise. Right now, my little baby is snuggled on me and I don't feel like doing anything. Maybe, I'll watch this week's biggest loser. I had never really watched the Biggest Loser and this week, I've watched the past episodes of this season. Some of these people are really great and some are downright mean !!!

I'm hoping to have a good weekend food-wise ! Next week we are getting ready for our Disney trip !

Weigh to go, Tracy!!!!!:cheer2: Congrats on the weight loss!:cheer2:

How cool you're going to Disney next week!:banana: Are you staying on property?

I hope you have a nice weekend!:hug:

Yes, we are staying on property. At the Contemporary and then at Boardwalk. I guess this trip is a tradition for us. After our first was born we took advantage of maternity leave when she was 11 weeks and just spent a week with our little family... so this is Molly's first trip.

I did not exercise at all yesterday - oh the guilt ! But, Molly wanted to cuddle and I just couldn't put her down.

The plan for today
-hopefully exercise at some point
-DD2 is getting the H1N1 shot (Dad is waiting in the line at clinic)
-Craft Show with sister-in-law
-Playdate with co-workers this evening
-Make smart decisions eating out

Hmmm - I updated this, but it didn't take.

Yesterday was hectic, everything was accomplished as planned. I got a little exercise in and did well on calories.

Today I splurged a little bit at Fuddruckers, but am making up for it by not having many treats today.

Tomorrow
-laundry and packing for the trip
-housework
-Wii Fit Plus

Well, I felt my self slipping today. I was hesitant to write stuff down and I caught myself grazing a bit. I did not get my exercise either. Maybe it's because I have a cold or am stressed getting ready for the trip. I did finally enter everything I ate in - but I need to make sure I don't stray from the plan.

I do have a cold - so does DD2. Hopefully, its just a cold and won't impede our trip in any way.

DH is going to watch Monday Night Football and I'm going to pack my clothes for the trip.

Tomorrow
-more packing
-pick up new diaper bag

Sending lots of :wizard::wizard: your way. I hope you are feeling better soon!:goodvibes

We're staying at the Boardwalk for the first time in December. We are very excited! :banana:I hope you'll let us know how your stay goes. :goodvibes

Please be sure and try to take it easy as much as you can this week.:hug: Getting ready for a WDW vacation in tons of fun, but can be a bit stressful as well.

I hope you have a nice day ahead!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter