Trade windows???

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
anyone else having problems?

I can not trade. So that means no gifting either. :sad1: :sad2:

Tried to trade today and it took ten minutes at least if not more!:confused3

Are you getting the window open but the trade freezes? I have had this issue a long time. It is from too much stuff in your inventory. Pins in particular, if you have near a thousand you are finished trading without issue. oOften completing a trade requires a lot of patiance and after everything on the screen is like 2-5 minutes behind and requires restarting VMK. I have not yet fixed my Pin count issue but I did clear everything else from my inventory and it seems better.

I have had this issue for many months. :sad2: I'm glad I sometimes have MonkeyRulz sitting next to me on her computer, so I can see when I actually get out of a trade! Usually time sits still for me until I eventually get out of the trade, then I do have to refresh because I'm like 5 minutes behind lol.

Finally! someone else with the same problem!
I cannot trade.
If anyone has traded with me recentlyi ahve given up entirely, and have started trading on another character.
I buy 15 or more of each pin, i think i have about 60 turkey pins and recognizer pins.
It's just not pretty.

I have the same problem. It's been going on for almost 2 months!

I have converted two of my mules into pins-only mules, and reduced my main character's pin count to five of each. Soon, I might reduce it to three of each pin. Likewise, with clothing, I turned one mule into a t-shirt and hat carrier, and another into an expensive outfit carrier, reducing my count to no more than two of each outfit on the main carrier. And I never carry around any furniture that I'm not actively trying to trade. All else goes into a room.

Problem solved.

I have converted two of my mules into pins-only mules, and reduced my main character's pin count to five of each. Soon, I might reduce it to three of each pin. Likewise, with clothing, I turned one mule into a t-shirt and hat carrier, and another into an expensive outfit carrier, reducing my count to no more than two of each outfit on the main carrier. And I never carry around any furniture that I'm not actively trying to trade. All else goes into a room.

Problem solved.

I did the same, I have my stoage mules for pins - I even have one that is NOTHING but hotel pins! (50 pins each set, on average, or about 500 pins right now) I have found that it starts to slow up at about 800 inventory items (regardless of type, but Pins are slower than clothing)

Problem solved.
It would seem problem solved but eventually it becomes cumbersome to manage mules simply for inventory purposes. Also I am a little scared of how they will approach the mule issue as we move forward this year. I know he says 50 is the magic number but I feel it will depend on usage of the character. I am sure they could look at it from many angles but it would require to many man hours to study each character so I feel it will be based on whether they are in active.

As my collection grows it would require more and more storage space. I am already beginning to see these issues with my two main mules and I never transferred pins to them from my main, only consolidated all my no longer used mules. This is a VMK issue as a whole really requiring a VMK solution as a whole; unfortunately I doubt it is on their radar to solve this issue. As many of us have requested a pin book or way to display pins, and others have tried Quest kiosks for storage. I have heard of people losing pins and items in the Kiosk but if I put it all on a mule and it is deleted due to inactivity then I am no further ahead. I also buy 5 - 10 of each item that goes on sale regardless of whether I like it.

I did the same, I have my stoage mules for pins - I even have one that is NOTHING but hotel pins! (50 pins each set, on average, or about 500 pins right now) I have found that it starts to slow up at about 800 inventory items (regardless of type, but Pins are slower than clothing)

Case in point. I just don't have time to run that many characters and keep them active. I can maintain about 6 after that they start droping through the cracks as to wether I have time to use them or not.

I am scared of them getting rid of my mules...
Even though i only have 2.

Dont think of them as mules, think of them as other characters you play and play them. All of my 'friends' play pirates and ghosts weekly and are building up nice little nest eggs. They also spend a lot of time helping new kids since thier friends lists are not full. I love it!

I have had this issue for many months. :sad2: I'm glad I sometimes have MonkeyRulz sitting next to me on her computer, so I can see when I actually get out of a trade! Usually time sits still for me until I eventually get out of the trade, then I do have to refresh because I'm like 5 minutes behind lol.

This is EXACTLY what I have been experiencing! I have found doing trades with only 9 items at a time helps.

The big problem I have with trades is trying to find what I want in my inventory if I'm carrying a lot of stuff with me. I scroll and scroll, but it goes so slow! I've cut down on what I carry with me now too.

Daz: I wholeheartedly agree that VMK needs to fix the issue, I would love to consolidate them all but I dont really have a choice, at least 5 of my mules are so slow from too many items it isnt even funny I recently just had to add ANOTHER one to my storage person collection because I blew one up - it literally takes that charachter 15 minutes to do one trade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter