Trader Sam's crowds?

The capacity inside Sam's is about 50. And that doesn't mean actual seats. Some of it is standing room, so don't be surprised if you're let in but there are no seats.

When they open, they will let in about the first 50 in line. These guests all go in at once, and they all give orders at once and have to be served at once, so the next group is kind of stuck waiting for them to start leaving. During the later hours you get guests arriving and leaving at intervals, but not at first. Some guests will have a quick drink and go, and others will spend a couple of hours.

The capacity inside Sam's is about 50. And that doesn't mean actual seats. Some of it is standing room, so don't be surprised if you're let in but there are no seats.

When they open, they will let in about the first 50 in line. These guests all go in at once, and they all give orders at once and have to be served at once, so the next group is kind of stuck waiting for them to start leaving. During the later hours you get guests arriving and leaving at intervals, but not at first. Some guests will have a quick drink and go, and others will spend a couple of hours.

This is true. We were first in line. They took our name and phone # but the hostess "suggested" we stick around in line. We took turns then at a few minutes to 4 we all gathered. When you go in that first group you sort of have to wait for your drinks. Ours came out staggered but that was ok but just know it takes a bit longer as the bar is slammed at opening. Our waitress had brought us ice waters upon request as we had just come from MK. There is fun antics with certain drinks so you get a lot of that right in the beginning. We ordered food and that came quickly and was good. There is an outside terrace but it was raining the day we were there so not an option. There was a particular drink I wanted but it is only served on the patio. It looked like they would have live music there on nice days. I don't know if you get the same antics outside but it looked nice.

We have an 8:30 ADR at Ohana and I was thinking about checking out TS beforehand...are there long lines at around 7:45/8ish?
That seems to be the worst time of day. If you want to make sure to get in, go early. We had a 9pm adr at Ohana and did not get in till 815 when most were leaving to go upstairs. Plus, I think 8pm is when they make the kids leave.

I guess I've been lucky. Went about 4:30 on weekdays in Feb and April and walked in with no line, sat at the large center table.

I've never had to wait going around that time but I'm usually only with one other person and sit at the bar.

That seems to be the worst time of day. If you want to make sure to get in, go early. We had a 9pm adr at Ohana and did not get in till 815 when most were leaving to go upstairs. Plus, I think 8pm is when they make the kids leave.

Thanks! It’s just me and DH, no kids, and not a huge deal if we don’t get in, just thought it’d be fun to see. We’ll try and see how it goes :)

I've walked in with no problem around dinner time on weekdays. If you don't have kids, you'll be able to take advantage of when they ask that kids leave at 8pm. I've had to sit at the bar rather than get a table, but the bar staff is SO fun that I think I prefer it there.

Thanks! It’s just me and DH, no kids, and not a huge deal if we don’t get in, just thought it’d be fun to see. We’ll try and see how it goes :)

I actually like the bar more than the tables. There is a fantastic gag where one of the bar stools slowlyyyy gets lower and lower. My fiance was on the ground before i noticed it.. Had a good laugh with that one.

I actually like the bar more than the tables. There is a fantastic gag where one of the bar stools slowlyyyy gets lower and lower. My fiance was on the ground before i noticed it.. Had a good laugh with that one.

The stools at the surfboard table do it, too. Happens to me every time.

I guess I've been lucky. Went about 4:30 on weekdays in Feb and April and walked in with no line, sat at the large center table.
Wow, either you picked well or we picked badly. We were there mid April and it was packed. We were lucky to get in the first group. Didn't see anyone leave until about 5:30.

We sat at the bar and loved it. The bar stool going down was funny. The guy never realized until he was about on the floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter