Trader Sam's Help

cariann77

Mouseketeer
My husband and I are going to try to get night out this trip! We've never been able to do that before. I really want to go to Trader Sam's. We're thinking it would be best to do after our day at Animal Kingdom since they close so early. Is it possible to still get on the waitlist around 7pm? What are wait times looking like these days? I was also thinking of booking us dinner at Steakhouse 71 but would much rather be able to go to Trader Sam's.

My husband and I are going to try to get night out this trip! We've never been able to do that before. I really want to go to Trader Sam's. We're thinking it would be best to do after our day at Animal Kingdom since they close so early. Is it possible to still get on the waitlist around 7pm? What are wait times looking like these days? I was also thinking of booking us dinner at Steakhouse 71 but would much rather be able to go to Trader Sam's.
We went Tuesday. They open at 3 pm. We didn't get to the line until 2:20 pm. They told us 1.5 hour wait and we got called back at about 4:05 so 1.75 hour wait. When we returned to enter at 4:05 and had to wait a minute for our table a few parties of 2 walked up and he told them all it would be at least a 2.5 hour wait. And when they text you had 15 minutes to return - which meant they had to hang out in the hotel at least in that last hour.

No idea at 7 but I would assume other than the random good luck the wait times remain long all evening.

On a Sunday a couple of weeks ago, we put our name down (2 people) just after 5PM, and got the text to return 1.5 hours later. I think it was very close to the wait time we were told when we checked in.

If you get the opportunity - sit at the bar! The bartenders are amazing and hilarious (the servers for the tables are good too but not quite as enthusiastic), and interacting with them and the other guests at the bar is super fun.

My wife and I have a date night planned for dinner at 'Ohana and then we're off to DHS to poke our heads into Oga's. Should we look to do Trader Sam's instead of Oga's and put on name on the list before heading to 'Ohana? We've never been to either one and it would be our only chance on this trip to visit by ourselves.

My wife and I have a date night planned for dinner at 'Ohana and then we're off to DHS to poke our heads into Oga's. Should we look to do Trader Sam's instead of Oga's and put on name on the list before heading to 'Ohana? We've never been to either one and it would be our only chance on this trip to visit by ourselves.
TS’s after ohana seems like a more relaxed vibe than going to HS and all the way back into GE.
My vote is for TS!

I agree with PP. TS is FAR superior to Oga's which is a crowded nightmare, IMHO. TS is more fun and the drinks and apps are better. There is no way I would go all the way back to DHS to go to Oga's especially if I am already at Poly and TS is right there.

What is the easiest way to park for Trader Sam's? Can I park at the TTC and walk over? Can I park over toward the Poly at TTC parking?

@Jack Kerouac TS hands down. You go for the decor, the vibe and the drinks. At Og's you go for the decor. TS is a true bar, they mix the drinks at the bar. Oga's is pretty premixed swill. Not saying TS uses the highest quality ingredients, but for the most part they mix a solid drink. But if you've never done either, then it's a toss up you need to check out Oga's at least once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter