Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace

erinsmom

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Can we just go to Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace for food and drinks? Is there still a waitlist? Do we need to be there before 3pm? I'm not sure how all this work for Trader Sam's. Do we go to the outside area or do we have to go into the Poly and they seat us outside. Any information would be appreciated. I don't need to be in the bar area. TIA.

Tammy

I tried to go there all the way back in September, 2021. We got there at about 3:15pm and the wait time was already more than four hours. And that's when overall park attendance was very low before the 25th anniversary started! We were waiting maybe 5-10 minutes to ride just about anything. But Trader Sam's was still packed.

So, get there early if you don't want to wait for a long time.

I’m trying to figure this out too. Any experience on the easiest way to do this while staying at the Poly?

We’re trying to visit Trader Sams on a Tues evening before going up to our balcony for MVMCP fireworks. TIA :earsboy:

I tried to go there all the way back in September, 2021. We got there at about 3:15pm and the wait time was already more than four hours. And that's when overall park attendance was very low before the 25th anniversary started! We were waiting maybe 5-10 minutes to ride just about anything. But Trader Sam's was still packed.

So, get there early if you don't want to wait for a long time.
Was this for Trader Sam's Grotto (inside bar area) or the terrace, outside patio area?

Getting seated inside (at the Grotto) is still a challenge. Last week, we showed up at around 6 PM and there was an estimated 2 1/2 hour wait.

We were able to sit outside immediately.

If you’re staying at the Poly, is it possible to join the waitlist and go wait in your room? Or do you need to stay nearby?

If you’re staying at the Poly, is it possible to join the waitlist and go wait in your room? Or do you need to stay nearby?

You give your phone number when you join the waitlist and then they will text you when your table is ready. You have 15 minutes to check in once you receive the text. You don’t necessarily need to be nearby, but be somewhere where you can get to the check in desk within 15 minutes.

You give your phone number when you join the waitlist and then they will text you when your table is ready. You have 15 minutes to check in once you receive the text. You don’t necessarily need to be nearby, but be somewhere where you can get to the check in desk within 15 minutes.
Great. Thank you!

If you go there at opening, be in line and on the list at least 30 minutes before opening. 45 is safer. There are no reservations, and you find you own seat as you walk in. The food is minimal apps. The show is the environment and the drinks. Just a really fun place to go.

If you go there at opening, be in line and on the list at least 30 minutes before opening. 45 is safer. There are no reservations, and you find you own seat as you walk in. The food is minimal apps. The show is the environment and the drinks. Just a really fun place to go.
Fun is just what we want! Thanks for the info. Good to know about the seating at open.

If you are there before opening , on the list, be sure you are back in line before it opens. They go down the list and let those that are there in line inside. If you are not in line, you will get paged, but if it is full before you return, you will wait. The last time we were there, we were one of the last groups in and one of the earliest to leave about 60 minutes later.

Getting seated inside (at the Grotto) is still a challenge. Last week, we showed up at around 6 PM and there was an estimated 2 1/2 hour wait.

We were able to sit outside immediately.

Anyone been recently? I'm willing to sit outside...I'm a lot less willing to wait 2.5 hours for the inside

Anyone been recently? I'm willing to sit outside...I'm a lot less willing to wait 2.5 hours for the inside

This was this week - Wednesday. Also when we arrived we were seated by hostess. I'm sure to maximize space.

have no idea how it is for the outside terrace, we have zero interest in sitting out on a generic patio, we go there for the atmosphere inside.

Went yesterday about 7:30 pm. Was told 1 hour (and that is with hostess knowing DS). We waited the full hour upstairs with Lapu Lapus 🍍 Place was full when we entered.

NOW what we did notice is that shortly before fireworks the place emptied OUT with plenty of seating. So perhaps showing up a bit before fireworks is a good plan?

View attachment 779289

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter