Trading DVC points in Interval Intl...

Dman67

Local WDW Fan
Hi gang! I'm still trying to do as much research as I can before my wife and I make the plunge into DVC. I saw somewhere that DVC points could be traded through Interval International. Is that accurate? Has anyone done it and if so how successful were you in getting what you wanted? I need to prove to my wife that DVC is the best thing for us and want to make sure we maximize our flexibility should we decide one year not to go to Disney and opt to go elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave

Hi gang! I'm still trying to do as much research as I can before my wife and I make the plunge into DVC. I saw somewhere that DVC points could be traded through Interval International. Is that accurate? Has anyone done it and if so how successful were you in getting what you wanted? I need to prove to my wife that DVC is the best thing for us and want to make sure we maximize our flexibility should we decide one year not to go to Disney and opt to go elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave
Buying DVC for those trade options is a poor choice but it is an option. You can only trade to a portion of II resort, about 15% of II's member resorts. And in spite of what many are told, DVC isn't a world beater as a trader. There are many cheaper and better choice for trading. And it's even worse for most of the cash equivilent trade options like DC, CC and DCL.

We have traded once through II. They charge alot of points and the accommodations where not the best. The choice we received was a Hilton property. It had alot to be desired. What I have done in the past, is sold my points and found my own accommodations. This has worked out better for us and have saved us alot of points and money. I do alot of research online to find rental condos and have not been disappointed yet. I have not had any problems selling my points. I work in a large institution and just post a sign and they usually sell within a week. This is nice, cause I'm selling to someone I know.

Good luck in making your choice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter