• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trading to other resort

ticketwm35

Mouseketeer
I have been reading that people have a hard time trading.Our home will be hilton head.How hard is it to trade from there to any of the Orlando properties?What about trading completely out of Disney,like to arizona or Hawaii.Our Tour guide made it sound like its no problem at all.Have you guys had problem or is it that easy?
Leslie

Leslie, it really depends on where you are wanting to stay, what time of year, and what size of unit you are booking. We own at BWV and have always had success getting what we want at 11 months out. However, a couple of times I have not been able to even get on the waiting list there when attempting to get a reservation at 4 - 5 months out. I have had good luck getting reservations at OKW at less than 7 months out and I was able to get spring break at Vero Beach just 4 months out. So, I guess the answer depends on each situation. If you are going to WDW at non-Holiday times and try at the 7 month mark, I would think you will find success in getting a reservation at one of the properties. If you are trying for a slower time of year, like January, you may not even have to reserve 7 months out. You won't know until you try, but I wouldn't worry about it. Good luck and happy planning! :D

I think your confussing two different types of trading. Trading for other DVC resorts at the 7 month window is not usually that hard though it can be at times. If you want WDW, you should be able to get something. If you want BW at Xmas, you are likely out of luck.

As for exchanging through II, it's another matter. You should search AT LEAST 1 year out and be prepared to wait for several months and maybe longer. Remember someone esle has to give up a unit before it's available and that there may be others waiting and some of these may have higher priority than you (like Marriott to Marriott). Be realistic, it's not like a hotel reservation.

Lesson number one in timesharing, IF IT'S NOT WRITTEN DOWN, IT'S NOT APPLICABLE. Of course your guide made it sound too good to be true. DVC will have very good trade power but it's not the only resort to do so. You can likely do best with direct exchanges but while your looking for a direct exchange, you can let DVC be looking for something also.

Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter