Traditional Christmas Eve Dinner

BeachMouse1

DIS Veteran
So as it turns out this year my wife and I will be alone for Christmas so what to do, go to Disney. Where would you recommend for a Christmas Eve dinner something more traditional. I’m Italian so we always had the 7 fish Christmas Eve dinner. Preferably a nicer sit down. Anywhere on property, resort, park, Disney Springs.
Do the Restaurants do a special meal or do most just stick with their regular menus?

So as it turns out this year my wife and I will be alone for Christmas so what to do, go to Disney. Where would you recommend for a Christmas Eve dinner something more traditional. I’m Italian so we always had the 7 fish Christmas Eve dinner. Preferably a nicer sit down. Anywhere on property, resort, park, Disney Springs.
Do the Restaurants do a special meal or do most just stick with their regular menus?
I doubt you’ll find a “7 fish dinner” on any menu, but.., if you want seafood try Flying Fish or The Boathouse.

See I would also consider like Liberty Tree Tavern a “traditional meal”. I mentioned the 7 fish as an example although if someplace had it I would be all over it. We are looking for something a little more upscale than Liberty Tree?
I guess im more wondering if any restaurants will have a special menu or just their regular menu?
il Mulino is on the list but looking for other ideas in case we can’t get it or they don’t have a special menu. Like will California Grill do a special menu or Citricos or Jiko?
anyone have any experience for Christmas Eve at these type restaurants?
thanks sorry I wasn’t clear at first

I have never seen or experienced a special Christmas Eve menu at any Disney restaurant.
Many years ago I remember reading about a special Christmas Eve dinner meal option but only once. Obviously there was not much of a demand for it. I am not sure on what dates the Jolly Christmas dinner events were held at the Contemporary in the 90’s

Do they offer a traditional Christmas Eve dinner?
What do you consider a traditional Christmas Eve dinner? OP is looking for an Italian meal and Il Mulino is arguably the best on property. If you are looking for figgy pudding, you’ll need to look elsewhere. There are different Christmas traditions all over the world.

What do you consider a traditional Christmas Eve dinner? OP is looking for an Italian meal and Il Mulino is arguably the best on property. If you are looking for figgy pudding, you’ll need to look elsewhere. There are different Christmas traditions all over the world.
You suggested a restaurant in response to BeachMouse's question. I was asking if you consider that a traditional Christmas Eve dinner because I've never eaten there on Christmas Eve. I was not looking for figgy pudding or asking about the hundreds of Christmas traditions all over the world. I was just curious about your reply. If I overstepped I apologize.

See I would also consider like Liberty Tree Tavern a “traditional meal”. I mentioned the 7 fish as an example although if someplace had it I would be all over it. We are looking for something a little more upscale than Liberty Tree?
I guess im more wondering if any restaurants will have a special menu or just their regular menu?
il Mulino is on the list but looking for other ideas in case we can’t get it or they don’t have a special menu. Like will California Grill do a special menu or Citricos or Jiko?
anyone have any experience for Christmas Eve at these type restaurants?
thanks sorry I wasn’t clear at first
So from my experience only select restaurants will do a traditional Christmas meal (which would be turkey with all the fixings). However, that list won’t be made know until a month or two in advance. Now that reservations are only 60 days out it’s not as bad but before when it was 180 days it was a total guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter