TRAFFIC Warning on one DVC board...

elijahpep

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Hon
Was just browsing the rent/trade board and WOW!~

I rarely visit the Rent/Trade board but bounced over today out of curiousity.
(we have only rented once after becoming members and haven't again)

There's approximately 31 threads for Reservations wanted and about 9 threads for points for rent or trade.

We're newer DVC as of 2 years, have "reservations wanted" on that board been that high in demand in years past or is this a strong newer trend? The other interesting thing is the great detail that is listed in some of the
Reservation Wanted requests. I suppose that makes it easier for DVC folks who are doing the occasional rental for personal reasons.

Is this a good example of supply and demand?

Guess the secret's out...:confused3 I love my DVC:love: and am happy for any one to find out the secret, am just amazed.

~DW:3dglasses

Actually, I think that owners who have points for rent aren't posting - instead, they're just responding to the "Reservation Wanted" or "Points Wanted" threads via PM.

After all the negative posts regarding commercial renting here lately, I can't say as I blame them. Why let others know you are renting if you don't have to? JMHO. YMMV.

That is a really good answer Carol. That reasoning does make a lot of sense, I was just curious at the extreme ratio difference, and if that was usual.

Thanks for that perspective. You are probably spot on as usual!~:)

disney prices are going up.

and there have been a bunch of request for families larger than 5 - that don't want to pay deluxe prices - don't want the AB at POR or all star suites or 2 value rooms.

so I am not surprised.

remember that this site gets a bunch of people who watch - they won't post most of the time - but when they realize that renting DVC points is almost a bargin - they will.

so try not to scare them....:rotfl2: They might post more~~~

Was just browsing the rent/trade board and WOW!~

I rarely visit the Rent/Trade board but bounced over today out of curiousity.
(we have only rented once after becoming members and haven't again)

There's approximately 31 threads for Reservations wanted and about 9 threads for points for rent or trade.

We're newer DVC as of 2 years, have "reservations wanted" on that board been that high in demand in years past or is this a strong newer trend? The other interesting thing is the great detail that is listed in some of the
Reservation Wanted requests. I suppose that makes it easier for DVC folks who are doing the occasional rental for personal reasons.

Is this a good example of supply and demand?

Guess the secret's out...:confused3 I love my DVC:love: and am happy for any one to find out the secret, am just amazed.

I think the fact that some owners are "giving away" their points for $10 has something to do with it. The word is out they can get a steal renting a deluxe room. In my opinion they should go for about $15-even that's a steal.

I think "renting" has gotten a LOT of publicity lately. It's in the Unofficial Guide, there's an "internet book" (AKA RIP OFF) that has a "money saving" suggestion of going to DIS boards to rent, I have heard it discussed on two pod casts etc...

Is that the biggest reason why there are a ton of people wanting to rent who only have 3 posts to their name?

I think "renting" has gotten a LOT of publicity lately. It's in the Unofficial Guide, there's an "internet book" (AKA RIP OFF) that has a "money saving" suggestion of going to DIS boards to rent, I have heard it discussed on two pod casts etc...

Totally 100% Correct!!! Renting DVC Points is the cheapest way, bar none, to stay in a better-than-deluxe room at an even lower cost. This is great for us owners -- someday I may want to rent some of mine if I can't use all of them.

Just looking at the board, tons of "reservation wanted" posts... $10 points are getting harder and harder to find, and usually those are distressed points that have to go before they become worthless.

$12-15 will be new standard shortly. Even at $15, it's still a deal.

What about $10-$12 for transfers to DVC members and $12-$15 for renters?

It's probably going to go as high as point renters are willing to pay -- there is a $15 one on the R/T board right now, and looks like they were rented out... It's still a great deal compared to rack rate or sitting on pins and needles for a few months hoping for a discount to come out...

And THIS, I think, is the reason that Disney is taking steps to make renting less attractive for all involved parties. I'm still waiting on them only allowing DDP added with proof of a Blue Membership card at check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter