Trailer tires on the gravel pad

5onadime

Mouseketeer
We are looking at booking a preferred site. I was wondering if it is okay to back all the way in..... the trailer tires would be in the gravel. Is that allowed? What am I neglecting to think about? Thanks!

Over the years I’ve seen the situation multiple times. I don’t think Disney cares unless you’re blocking the road.

Disney has never cared. The Preferred sites (which we stay in often) have the (now) gravel pad to provide a close, level spot primarily for tents. However, you can put the tires on the gravel with no problem.

In case someone brings up the issue that your rig might sink down slightly in the gravel, use some boards on top of the gravel to back onto. The Preferred sites vary in size/length so I suggest you back into whatever site you are given enough to leave room for the vehicle on the driveway. If the wheels end up in the gravel, no biggie. Use the boards and enjoy your more spacious site. And I always put boards under my jacks (my rear jacks are usually over gravel, wheels maybe, front jacks rarely).

Bama Ed

I have to do it with every Full or Preferred site. I'm pretty long and need the extra room for my truck when I had a 5th wheel or my Jeep, now that I have a 42ft motorhome.

I typically put boards down for my 5th wheels. With the MH, I just put the jacks down and let it balance it self.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter