Trails End Breakfast Buffet

dtum

DIS Veteran
Our family always enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the lunch buffet at TE (sometimes both in the same day) when we camped at the fort, but we have grown too large to camp there with kids getting married and having kids of their own, so we rent a house off-site and drive (I know....bad, bad, bad, but it works great for such a large group). We would like to eat breakfast at TE for old time sake. Do you need reservations now? I thought I read you had to book ahead, when we get to the entrance of FW, do we tell them we are there for breakfast and park in the lot then take the bus to TE? How long can you park in that lot by the registration area? If we would eat breakfast, then take the boat to MK is that ok? One more question, a while back i read that the food was not good at TE any longer since they changed management. Is that still the case or have things calmed down now? It's not cheap to eat there so want to make sure we aren't wasting our time and $$ Thanks!

We love the trails end buffet and we do make reservations. In fact we are going there for breakfast next month. We stay onsite so getting there isn't an issue. As far as leaving your car there & going to the MK - I'm sure it's the same as at any of the other resorts you are only supposed to park there for your dining & then you move your car to the lot of the park you are going to.

The food still tastes great to me, I'm certainly not complaining. I do suggest reservations to ensure you a table, just in case.

As far as parking in the lot to go to breakfast and then on to the park. Not sure on this one, but i would think they would not appreciate it as you may (not really sure) be skipping out on the parking fee for the parks. I'm sure others have done this, but being as I have never tried I can't be sure on it.

I would park at TTC and take the boat from MK to TE. It really isn't much more of a hassle than the bus at FW, and will actually be more convient when you are leaving the park(and tired).

Our family always enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the lunch buffet at TE (sometimes both in the same day) when we camped at the fort, but we have grown too large to camp there with kids getting married and having kids of their own, so we rent a house off-site and drive (I know....bad, bad, bad, but it works great for such a large group). We would like to eat breakfast at TE for old time sake. Do you need reservations now? I thought I read you had to book ahead, when we get to the entrance of FW, do we tell them we are there for breakfast and park in the lot then take the bus to TE? How long can you park in that lot by the registration area? If we would eat breakfast, then take the boat to MK is that ok? One more question, a while back i read that the food was not good at TE any longer since they changed management. Is that still the case or have things calmed down now? It's not cheap to eat there so want to make sure we aren't wasting our time and $$ Thanks!

dtum,

You are safe to eat the breakfast buffet at TE. My own opinion about reservations is they are necessary if you are there on a weekend or during a busy time like Christmas-New Years, etc. Otherwise a walk-up will be a short wait if at all. You should be permitted to park at the Fort parking lot by telling the guard you are eating at TE (or that you have a reservation for such) and take the internal bus back to TE. Or as others say, ride the bus in from TTC directly to the TE area (bus stops at WL). I don't see the problem in boating over to MK after breakfast as long it's not a busy, crowded time of year ("yo, we need that parking space").

Over the last few years, there have been negative comments about Trails End food but IIRC that was primarily around the lunch menu which went away from the buffet lunch a couple years ago to a set order-off-the-menu arrangement typical of most table service restaurants. It took a while for the lunch menu to find its mojo. The breakfast and dinner buffets continue to be popular and haven't changed too much over the years and they are delicious and good values relatively speaking for Disney.

I ate the breakfast buffet at TE in January on our going-home morning and it was delicious.

Bama Ed

I would park at TTC and take the boat from MK to TE. It really isn't much more of a hassle than the bus at FW, and will actually be more convient when you are leaving the park(and tired).

I agree. I think that it would be less of a hassle than parking and then taking a bus in to TE. This past Spring, I did a solo trip and stay of POFQ, I took the boat from MK to TE for lunch and it was wonderful. It is so relaxing and easy to do.

I think reservations are a must for Breakfast, the one time we didn't have one, we had about a 40 minute wait. We enjoyed lunch there many times. It usually isn't too crowded and have done it with and without reservations.

1) Anyone can eat at Trails End.
2) However, I would recommend an ADR, just to make sure.
3) The guard shack will have a record of your ressie to let you in.
4) Park the car in the Main Lot and take any internal bus (they all end up at The Settlement).
5) As for breakfast . . .

Our Ratings of Trails End for Breakfast-Dinner: (*rev 05/02/2015*)
. . . food price value: B-B
. . . food quality: B-C
. . . food quantity: A-A
. . . food prep speed: A-A
. . . food selection: C-B
. . . seating quantity: C-C
. . . seating comfort: C-C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B-B
. . . eatery convenience: D-D
. . . staff friendliness: B-B
. . . staff attentiveness: C-B
. . . character interaction: n/a
NOTE1: Above include breakfast-dinner (we don't like the lunch), it has tasty comfort
food. We like the buffets as dining alternatives, as they are reasonably priced for Disney
meals. Lunch is far behind in quality or value. In Spring-2013, they changed lunch menus
to ala carte and we recommend it only for a light midday meal. We think the lunch food
is a little overpriced and only average in food quality. For dinner, taste the yummy fried
chicken and "make-your-own-potato" bar. For breakfast, you REALLY, REALLY, NEED the
sticky buns. The nice thing about breakfast, might be the low crowds, as many campers
prepare breakfast at the campsite. Trail's End Breakfast Buffet is the second best buffet,
behind The Wave breakfast buffet at Contemporary for quality, and the best price value.
A point to remember is that the majority of the Trails End customers are from the camp
ground, so they prices are reasonable and the items are good comfort food.
NOTE2: Trails End is out-of-the-way for most WDW guests. It takes about 20-min for the
boat from MK-to-FW, about 10-minutes for the boat from WL-to-FW, about 15-min for the
boat from CR-to-FW (excluding the waiting times for the next boat).

The food still tastes great to me, I'm certainly not complaining. I do suggest reservations to ensure you a table, just in case.

As far as parking in the lot to go to breakfast and then on to the park. Not sure on this one, but i would think they would not appreciate it as you may (not really sure) be skipping out on the parking fee for the parks. I'm sure others have done this, but being as I have never tried I can't be sure on it.
We have AP so don't pay parking. Just thought it would be easier to eat and jump on boat to MK

Great idea. Didn't think about taking boat over (and did it for years when we had our camper)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter